PDA

View Full Version : For Sale 1993 TB4.2 (carby) Maverick SA

pearcey
31st October 2014, 10:16 AM
Sadly we have to part with our tourer which we bought new in 1993.
The vehicle is in good condition for it`s age. It has never been bent (body or chassis) the paint is all original,there are a few pin strip scratches and stone chips. There is 1 small 25mm long piece of rust on the LH rear wheel arch (easy fix) The interior is in good condition, the drivers seat does need the padding redone as its a little flat on the edge than you slide across when getting in and out. Carpets have never been wet and are in good conditions as are the door trims.
The motor uses no oil between services and has never been modified.
The vehicle was set up for touring and has been ultra reliable with on major repairs.
There are a few little things which need attention.
There are a number of accessories that have been fitted and removed or acquired and not fitted which go with the sale
This unit would suit someone who wants a reliable honest vehicle and can do a few minor repairs and improvements.

Ford Maverick TB42 (carby) 290000klm

Suspension.
HD fronts with KYB shockers
Extra HD rears Monroe shockers

Accessories exterior
145 lt main fuel tank
70 lt RH aux fuel tank
70lt LH aux fuel tank
Alloy Bull Bar
Hella Rallye 2000 driving lights (1spot 1 spread)
Shovel and axe mount on bull bar
H4 head lights
Dual Battery system
dual alternators (OE charges start batt, Second charges auxiliary batt)
Snorkel
Side steps
Wheel arch mouldings
Hayman Reece tow bar
removal work light (mounts front and rear)
Anderson plug

Interior accessories
Dash mat
7 inch pop out screen for navigation
Fire extinguisher
Electrophone 40 channel uhf cb
Electric brake controller
5 Hella aux power points
Out back draw system
Cage
Home made fridge slide

Accessories not fitted
Outback front parcel shelf
Rear parcel shelf
platform which fits in where rear seats are and can carry 3 square 20 containers of water, 40 lt fridge and a 18lt fridge.

Spares
1 front exhaust pipe
1 set of extractors
OE fuel tank plus guard
3rd row seat and seat belts
standard springs
HD rear springs
Extra HD front springs
Set front wheel bearings and seals
Brake pads
Full set hoses and belts

PRICE $6000 NEG

Contact no 0418815533

BigRAWesty
31st October 2014, 10:54 AM
285ltr of fuel.
Fark that fuel bill lol.
Never seen a lh tank, any pics of it?

pearcey
31st October 2014, 11:25 AM
285ltr of fuel.
Fark that fuel bill lol.
Never seen a lh tank, any pics of it?

Mate the bill at well 32 on the Canning was $750
both lh and rh tanks were made by a guy in Adelaide will see if I can post a picky for you when I get home

BigRAWesty
31st October 2014, 12:00 PM
Fark!!! Better to have to much than not enough I guess.
So upgrading??

lhurley
31st October 2014, 01:24 PM
Fark!!! Better to have to much than not enough I guess.
So upgrading??

It might cost a fortune to fill it, but imagine how long it would last. Near 300L is a fair amount of driving

TPC
31st October 2014, 02:42 PM
You can't sell Pearcey, unless you are getting a GU. :)

Cuppa
31st October 2014, 02:44 PM
After so long & so much care it’ll be a sad loss, but a great buy for the new owner. Seems like a heck of a lot of car for not much money.

growler2058
31st October 2014, 03:00 PM
I may know someone interested will get back to you Monday arvo

Clunk
31st October 2014, 04:15 PM
I may know someone interested will get back to you Monday arvo

Checking with the missus hey????? Lol

pearcey
31st October 2014, 05:09 PM
The reason for 3 tanks is we do a lot of very remote camping and I don`t like jerry cans also I hate roofracks .
When we did the Canning it took us over 21 days plus I towed a camper, yes the fuel bill was a bit high so I cut back on the grog for a couple of days LOL I have never owned a roofrack and even when tenting for 3 - 4 weeks we have always been able to get everything inside and have room to spare.We travel by the KISS rule.
Attached is a picky of the LH tank for Westy
Thanks for the replies GUYS

growler2058
4th November 2014, 08:42 PM
Checking with the missus hey????? Lol

Something like that ;)

Clunk
4th November 2014, 08:49 PM
Something like that ;)

well whats the outcome, don't keep us in suspenders mate!!!!!!!

growler2058
4th November 2014, 08:56 PM
well whats the outcome, don't keep us in suspenders mate!!!!!!!

Maaaannnn I know how you love wearing ya suspenders, so I'll leave you in them for a coupla days hehehehehehehehe:harhar::eck05:

Clunk
4th November 2014, 08:59 PM
Maaaannnn I know how you love wearing ya suspenders, so I'll leave you in them for a coupla days hehehehehehehehe:harhar::eck05:

you're such a kukin farnt mate!!!!!!!!! hahahahahaha

growler2058
4th November 2014, 09:00 PM
you're such a kukin farnt mate!!!!!!!!! hahahahahaha

I try.............

Clunk
4th November 2014, 09:02 PM
I bet you were all like................. oh but please please please you gotta let me have it, I miss Aggie soooo much and I can't take Fagatha the plastic fantastic out coz she'll only crumple at the slightest bit of dirt road, oh please let me have another GQ!!!!!!! hahahahahaha

growler2058
4th November 2014, 09:05 PM
I bet you were all like................. oh but please please please you gotta let me have it, I miss Aggie soooo much and I can't take Fagatha the plastic fantastic out coz she'll only crumple at the slightest bit of dirt road, oh please let me have another GQ!!!!!!! hahahahahaha

Something like that..........................................Bwah ahahahahahhaha:smileyvault-cute-bi

growler2058
8th November 2014, 06:02 PM
SOLD. Thanks Pearcey ;)

growler2058
8th November 2014, 06:11 PM
Ohhh didn't mention, to a mate of mine called Pete

pearcey
8th November 2014, 08:12 PM
Merv the Maverick has been SOLD
He`s gone to a good home where I have a feeling he will be treated with respect.
Was sad to see him head down the road with a stranger at the wheel as he had taken us to so many wonderful places, Towed our camper BUF and caravan Maude without complaint for 21 years

growler2058
8th November 2014, 08:42 PM
He`s gone to a good home where I have a feeling he will be treated with respect.
Was sad to see him head down the road with a stranger at the wheel as he had taken us to so many wonderful places, Towed our camper BUF and caravan Maude without complaint for 21 years

Yes he'll be well looked after mate. Petes missus and dog were most impressed

Clunk
8th November 2014, 09:40 PM
SOLD. Thanks Pearcey ;)
oi numbnuts, turn your photos around

growler2058
8th November 2014, 09:42 PM
oi numbnuts, turn your photos around

Dunno how stupid forum app

TPC
8th November 2014, 10:24 PM
Are you buying another 4wd?
Regardless of what you do make sure you stay on here as you are a valued member.

pearcey
8th November 2014, 11:17 PM
G`day Tony
have all ready got another vehicle which I`ve had for nearly 2 years, it`s slowly being set up for long distance touring.
We have done 8000ks around Tassie towing the van which about 70% was on dirt and some fairly rugged tracks.
Also done a few local trips dragging the van through and over sand hills to see if it would do the job,as there are a few places where I like to fish and there is quite a bit of sand to negotiate.
I will still be staying here as it`s one of the best forums with a good mix of fun, serious discussions and NO infighting.
Have not had the opportunity to get to any of the meet ups but have met a few guy like yourself at various locations and have always been treated as family.
You`ll be pleased to know I`m sitting here celebrating(mourning the loss of a top truck ) with a 15year old Dimple
Beers and Cheers Pearcey