PDA

View Full Version : New tyres

judea05
1st March 2011, 01:30 AM
Hey guys,

Im buying new tyres, but just tossing up between bfg muddies or maxxis bighorns.

Please leave me your feed back :)

Cheers Jude

hekarewe
1st March 2011, 02:07 AM
hi i would swear by the maxxis i have had the buck shot and the big horn paaterens and have had good milage out of both sets never had a flat and never had any of the lugs pull of as happens from time to time when rock crawling or doing hill climbs etc the buck shot from memory is almost identical in the patteren to the BFG bug a lot cheaper how ever the buck shot does have a better tread on the side wall and it does work well on low tyre preasures.

big_fletch
1st March 2011, 12:53 PM
I have the BFG mud terrains KM2's and i am extreamly happy with them.. Very good on wet blacktop and very quiet for a mud tyre on the road.. Alot quieter than the bighorn i believe as well.. So far i expect to get around the 50,000 or so km's out of them with the way they are wearing atm (and i give them a hard time)

judea05
1st March 2011, 03:16 PM
thanks for your feed back guys, does anyone know a good site where you can compare tyre prices???

big_fletch
1st March 2011, 06:35 PM
Every area will have different prices, you are better going around all the tyre places in your area and getting prices off them, see what sort of deals they can do for you

Fletcha

judea05
1st March 2011, 06:54 PM
alright cheers mate

benzo
8th April 2011, 01:14 AM
i from nz do u guys use silver stone over there ???

hekarewe
9th April 2011, 09:53 AM
i from nz do u guys use silver stone over there ???

yes we do have silverstones over here but not that popular though

racey000
27th April 2011, 03:41 PM
try and get a local distributor, tyre shops are a rip!

Darwin Bound
27th April 2011, 04:19 PM
has anyone had much to do Mickey T's? Got one mate swears by em on his patrol but he is the only one I know who has had much to do with em?

growler2058
27th April 2011, 04:35 PM
has anyone had much to do Mickey T's? Got one mate swears by em on his patrol but he is the only one I know who has had much to do with em?

Got Mickey T's MTZ on me troll and wifeys prado cant fault em at the moment. ie so far theyre quiet on both vehicles a bloke at works got em on a new navara and now they done a few k's says theyre noisy being precious maybe? In the mud excellant and have noticed on the prado better on wet blacktop than the H/T that came with it

Darwin Bound
27th April 2011, 04:51 PM
Sounds good Growlers, cheers mate. Might have to start saving some more gold coins lol. Gonna need some new tyres not long after arriving in the NT I reckon.

growler2058
27th April 2011, 04:56 PM
Sounds good Growlers, cheers mate. Might have to start saving some more gold coins lol. Gonna need some new tyres not long after arriving in the NT I reckon.

With any tyre your spending good coin on its important to rotate em every 5000k's to 10000max I do mine every 5000k's

Darwin Bound
27th April 2011, 05:30 PM
Yeah getting an alignment tomorrow (hopefully...depending on the sparky today again lol) so they can rotate em then. Lazy huh! For some reason the older tyres are on the front??? But maybe that will be better given the load it is pulling all the way from Perth to Darwin haha