PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone make an after market spotlight mount

mjr350
21st October 2014, 09:31 PM
Hi Guys
I have just bought a pair of brand new Ebay 7" HID lights off a mate because with the large rear ballasts they were too deep to fit on his nudge bar and he gave me the option before he sent them back.
Now before you all yell and scream CHEAP ASS, the lights themselves :1092: all over the $200 Narva Ultima 175's that I had. The issue is the course up and down adjustment. Its either too high or too low and I've just spent the last hour with hacksaw blade shims trying to get them right.

Does anyone know if you can buy decent aftermarket spotlight mounts similar to the standard style that all "normal" light have that I could just bolt these too.
Failing that, I'll make a set but buying would be a first preference.

MudRunnerTD
21st October 2014, 09:34 PM
Chat with Kallen Westy as he could certainly make you one. He used to have a vendors page here but no longer does but has all the tools and know how to make whatever you need mate to suit your lights.

mjr350
21st October 2014, 09:47 PM
Chat with Kallen Westy as he could certainly make you one. He used to have a vendors page here but no longer does but has all the tools and know how to make whatever you need mate to suit your lights.

If it comes down getting them custom made, I may as well do it myself which I was semi prepared to do anyway. I remember reading a few nights ago about a guy who bought the same lights off ebay. He mentioned the crappy course adjustment and installed them on an adjustable mount to make life easier. I've searched high and low to ask the guy what he did and where he got the mounts from but cant find the thread.

MudRunnerTD
21st October 2014, 09:57 PM
Westy made rear light brackets as his main item. He has stopped advertising but would haily make you one. If you need some slight changes to his light rack he can do that. Or you can just make one. He has everything you need.

BigRAWesty
21st October 2014, 10:58 PM
Thanks for the plug daz but I think he's chasing driving light mount brackets.

BigRAWesty
21st October 2014, 11:00 PM
Throw up a pic or 2 of the mounts mate I'm sure we can come up with something

mjr350
21st October 2014, 11:17 PM
No worries
Its late and dark so here's what I found online.
You can see the cog style adjustment that your limited to.

And im after a low profile beefed up version of this style of mount that I can simply bolt the lights onto. Stainless of course :-)

mjr350
21st October 2014, 11:28 PM
I was thinking about tigging up a stainless bracket to go over the whole assembly and replace that pivot pin with a bolt to act as the vertical pivot point but the unit is plastic and probably wouldn't handle too much of a squeeze.

mjr350
24th October 2014, 10:17 PM
Done

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c389/chevy_big_block_bro/20141024_213520.jpg

threedogs
25th October 2014, 09:06 AM
I was thinking about tigging up a stainless bracket to go over the whole assembly and replace that pivot pin with a bolt to act as the vertical pivot point but the unit is plastic and probably wouldn't handle too much of a squeeze.

I have the 9" version lying around somewhere I beefed up to 75watt HID,
did you know you can get different coloured covers to suit those lights

mjr350
25th October 2014, 12:40 PM
They came with red covers but they're not much chop. These ones are 100w and do a great job of melting tar.