PDA

View Full Version : Conversion to 4WD

Zhing1
16th October 2014, 09:20 AM
Hi. I have a 4x2 GU with a TB45 Autotrans. I hear conversion to 4x4 is pretty straight forward. All you gotta do is get the driveshaft and selector shifter from a 4x4. Has anyone done this. I'm in the Philippines and a 4x4 "kit" can be purchased from the breaker yardbfor approx AU$ 2k. Has anyone done this? What other parts have to be transferred from the “donor unit"? If I already regeared the rear axle do I have to do the same with the.front axle?

Bob
16th October 2014, 09:23 AM
I have never heard of a Nissan Patrol GU being 4 X 2 in Australia.
Must be a Philippines thing

happygu
16th October 2014, 09:27 AM
Didn't know you could get a Patrol as a 4 x 2 .... you live and learn hey.

Us Aussies won't know much about the conversion, as all of ours are 4 x 4.

Maybe add some pics of the underneath components, such as the front diff and the transfer case, and we will be able to help.

happygu
16th October 2014, 09:28 AM
Yes, the front diff gearing will have to match the rear diff ratios.....

mudski
16th October 2014, 09:49 AM
Well as others have said, I'm guessing you will need...

Transfer case
Front tail shaft
Complete front end, diff gears with the same ratio as the rear
Maybe, brakes?
Suspension I figure might be different?
Same goes with the steering?
Centre console section on the floor will need to be cut out too I assume...So you will need a Console to suit too.

You have any pictures for us? I have never heard of a 4x2 Patrol. Shut up George! Yes mine hasn't seen 4x4 in a while....

Zhing1
16th October 2014, 10:29 AM
Thanks for your posts guys. Will show some photos tom. I'm currently out of town. Cheers!

04OFF
16th October 2014, 01:20 PM
Yeh, plenty of patrols in Australia that may as well be 4x2, i didn't know nissan made a full time soccer mum version ;)

Looking forward to the pics.