PDA

View Full Version : SA - Beltana/Warraweena Trip

outback
12th October 2014, 09:28 PM
I am taking the caravan for a trip of about 10 days on the "local" block.
As a mate is coming with his van as well, so unfortunately camping is restricted to Beltana Station. Reason, he has a European thing that is all nice décor etc. but hates/falls apart on dirt roads. Some never learn. He recons it will get safely as far as Beltana Station but not Warraweena.

Anyway I am looking at doing a couple of the tracks at Beltana, then doing a few of the Warraweena ones, Gold, Coach and Copper loops/tracks.

No I am not touching the Cockatoo-Dunbar or Mt Gill loops if I am running single and my mate has little recovery gear, (stock Pardo).

At present I am looking at a kick off date my end, (from my home), around 14 Nov.

If others wish to come along let me know so we can arrange a hook up point and time as well as a possible look at some thing better like the Cockatoo-Dunbar or Mt Gill loops.

Cheers

TPC
12th October 2014, 10:32 PM
You should convince your mate to go into Warraweena to camp, I towed my camper trailer in there with a Magna several years back, was a few dents and scratches underneath afterwards though.
The tracks in there are great but a lift is definitely wanted for the difficult ones, we had a mate with us one time with a stock Pajero and he had heaps of problems bottoming out through the washouts.

outback
13th October 2014, 01:08 AM
You should convince your mate to go into Warraweena to camp:roll eyes:
You have to be kidding..A European made caravan would not last the trivial 30km to the place. They are designed for the black top not the little dirt roads we have.

I am quite happy to go to Warraweena for the period but if some come ones comes with limitations that is the planned limit for the deal. Though he may pull out.