PDA

View Full Version : need a wiring diagram for rb30 gq patrol

Rustyboner81
11th October 2014, 04:22 PM
can anyone send me a wiring diagram for my rb30 patrol.

and tell me where the hell is the headlight relay??

oh yeah. HI GUYS BEEN A WHILE... sorry

mudnut
11th October 2014, 04:25 PM
G'day, Rusty. I don't think they have a factory relay, but happy to be proved wrong. There are a couple of diagrams in the aftermarket version of the manual on this forum. I would've posted a diagram up, but my computer is being used by one of my kids, sorry.

Clunk
11th October 2014, 04:54 PM
X2 with mudnut........ They don't have one as standard

So whats up with yours?

Oh a G'day to you too

Rustyboner81
11th October 2014, 05:13 PM
well for the last year ive been runni g one head light.

rhs blows the fuse when turn on, if i put to high beam put a fuse in and then turn the lights on then i get both lights.
turn off high beam back to normal beam it blows the fuse for the rhs

Avo
11th October 2014, 09:08 PM
OI COck,I've just spent a bit of time today trying to rectify my left hand headlight not working,globe worked in rh headlight so not that.took grill of inicators out and headlight.cleaned up all metal for good earth.still not working,gave up put it back together..stuff it all....then read this and thought...Fark haven't checked the fuse..Just went out and replaced it...Wahhooooeeeee it works...Might not help you but this thread helped me....also about time you came back down to..

Clunk
11th October 2014, 09:24 PM
You've got a bad earth somewhere Rusty

Yendor
12th October 2014, 12:09 AM
Start by disconnecting the RHS headlight. If the fuse doesn't blow, try another bulb.

If fuse still blows with headlight disconnected you have a short in the wiring harness between the headlight switch and the RHS headlight. You will need to check this harness for damage or for signs that it has been rubbing on a metal panel somewhere. Start at the RHS headlight and follow the harness back, pay close attention to the harness around the battery area.

The short will be in the Red with a Blue trace wire.