PDA

View Full Version : Radiator Changeout.

Blackduke
27th February 2011, 12:53 PM
Greeting,

I am planning to changeout my radiator this week. Normally I would not worry to much except that we are moving 800km away the following week and I don't want any nasty surprises. Having a quick look, everything looks fairly compact. I suspect I should be able to remove the fan shrowd, and push it back over the fan, and then remove the old radiator, then slip the old one back in. I would appreciate a pointer to any old threads which I cannot find, not being totally thread savy, and coolant quantity for refill. I know I should just get the manual, but as stated, I find myself caught a bit short for time. Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Paul.

YNOT
27th February 2011, 04:29 PM
What model Patrol, what engine?

Tony

Blackduke
5th March 2011, 12:31 PM
Yes. Bit thick on my behalf. 1997 GU. It the 4.5ltr Petrol Auto. First of the round body shape. As you can see I am new to Forums. Thanks for any advice.

Blackduke
5th March 2011, 02:35 PM
Forget it. I just had a look underneath and it appears I need a second elbow in each arm to get to the bottom of the radiator. If I had a few days I might give it a go but it's going to the mechanic instead for this one. Who thought changing a radiator could be so difficult!

YNOT
5th March 2011, 06:03 PM
It's really not that difficult when you look more closely.

Tony

Finly Owner
5th March 2011, 10:53 PM
I'll loan you a sabre saw LOL