PDA

View Full Version : What about this for sale?

Runt
1st July 2010, 02:37 PM
On my hunt for 4x4's I found this one that just came on Ebay.

Definaly not in my price range but thought you guys might enjoy reading it.

Do you think he would have spent in excess of 100K of mods for his "comp truck"?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NISSAN-PATROL-GQ-MWB-COMP-TRUCK-/350370887357?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Cars&hash=item5193bb76bd

patch697
1st July 2010, 02:48 PM
A bit of a serious looking jigger would be a fun truck indeed but like you, out of my price bracket not to mention the fact it would fail the practical functionality test for me as well, But a good read none the less.

Maybe one day when I win tatts.

Thanks for the post
Cheers
Paul

patch697
1st July 2010, 02:49 PM
Hay Andy didn't I read somewhere you were looking for a new truck?

AB
1st July 2010, 03:35 PM
I'm a long way off mate.

Need to fix up 1 lemon and 1 old bomb first, sell and then ill be on the hunt.

patch697
1st July 2010, 03:42 PM
I'm a long way off mate.

Need to fix up 1 lemon and 1 old bomb first, sell and then ill be on the hunt.

Thats a shame.... I can't afford to buy it & was hoping you could just so I could come & play in it...

little bit optimistic on my part I know but it was worth a shot....lol

Cheers
Paul

AB
2nd July 2010, 09:08 AM
Crikey, you know you're in deep do-do when you have to activate the twin bilge pumps!!

Love going to see these guys in winch challenges though. They do some pretty amazing stuff.

Not sure how he'd go supplying new number plates though. Don't you need a roadworthy for that?

Good point, he would be better off getting standard plates put on first but I can't see anywhere on his ad about Rego and RWC.

patch697
2nd July 2010, 09:16 AM
Not sure how he'd go supplying new number plates though. Don't you need a roadworthy for that?

I don't think you do just to change plates but as you would already know we need a RWC here (Vic) to transfer reg anyway & although I do think there clever, those plates are the last thing I would choose. the Rigs attention grabbing enough without enticing the boys in blue & now Vic reads to stop & take a look.

Cheers
Paul

Johnno
5th July 2010, 02:46 PM
Crikey, you know you're in deep do-do when you have to activate the twin bilge pumps!!

Love going to see these guys in winch challenges though. They do some pretty amazing stuff.

Yeah, you know a 4x4's been through the hard yards when you put in bilge pumps.

I prob would have left that out of the advert IMO.

andy 303
3rd October 2010, 08:12 PM
sweet ride