PDA

View Full Version : TD42 engine conversion/ engine mounts

robbo_
7th October 2014, 09:57 PM
G'day all done a intro post but this is the first real post so hopefully put it in the right section.
I'm about to undertake a tb42 to td42 conversion I am very mechanical minded and understand every thing that is involved and I'm confident in dooing it all, my only issue is my td42 gq has the 4 bolt engine mounts my tb42 gq which will be the new home of the mighty diesel has the 2 bolt engine mounts so I'm just Wanting to know what Mounts are going to work. Any info greatly appreciated

Bloodyaussie
7th October 2014, 10:05 PM
I am pretty sure you just need one or the other but its no biggy... you dont need to chop weld you just need one set up or the other???

There will be someone who knows for sure soon enough .

sooty_10
7th October 2014, 10:26 PM
Not the same vehicles or engines, but I did the rd28 to td42 conversion and simply bought 1 mount from Nissbits removed old mount and had the new one professionally welded back on. Are the tb42 and td42 mounts in the same spot with no relocation needed? If so I'm sure you could get away with simple modifying the existing mounts to take 4 bolts? I did that to the one mount I didn't move in my conversion.

robbo_
8th October 2014, 11:47 AM
I belive both the TD and TB use the same mounts and are in the same location I'm hopeing the only difference is the amount of holes in the chassis either 2 or 4 so there for I would be able to bolt the TD to the TB mounts and happy days, was just hoping for a definitive answer from some who has done it before but all info is good and appreciate

Dales300exc
8th October 2014, 01:32 PM
Its only the bottom plate that has the bolt differences. The mounts will tear in half before the bolt strength is an issue, just use the 2 bolt mounts.