PDA

View Full Version : Old snatch strap

growler2058
28th September 2014, 01:05 PM
Re packing my recovery gear today and found one of my snatch straps looking a bit worse for wear. So rather than risk it snapping, it's gone in the bin

Alitis007
28th September 2014, 01:19 PM
You can buy them pretty cheap these days anyway. Wouldn't you keep it as a worst case back up tho ??

growler2058
28th September 2014, 01:27 PM
You can buy them pretty cheap these days anyway. Wouldn't you keep it as a worst case back up tho ??

Nah ive got 2 more

threedogs
28th September 2014, 01:33 PM
I use them to drag fire wood around a campsite,
as well as my snigging chain,
But cheap enough now to replace , never skimp on safety

megatexture
28th September 2014, 05:03 PM
I use them to drag fire wood around a campsite,
as well as my snigging chain,
But cheap enough now to replace , never skimp on safety

Yep me to, or give it to a mate that owns a jeep

threedogs
28th September 2014, 06:10 PM
Im laughing only cause you admit you know a guy with a Jeep,,,,,,,,,"what colour" lmfao

NP99
28th September 2014, 06:50 PM

If you wrap it around the jeep it keeps the doors closed rather than those dodgy door hinges.....

Woof
28th September 2014, 07:11 PM
I've got an old one that I only use for fire wood

macca
28th September 2014, 07:39 PM
,,,,,,,"what colour" lmfao

ROFPMSL, thought he said "what's wrong with yours?"

megatexture
28th September 2014, 07:51 PM
Im laughing only cause you admit you know a guy with a Jeep,,,,,,,,,"what colour" lmfao

Do they come in any colour other than black silver and yellow? Lol

A mates just bought one and the dealership told him it will keep up with patrols lol!
When they posted it to Facebook I got on my wife's account and posted that link to the guy that's smashing up his lemon jeep, they weren't impressed lmfao

http://www.destroymyjeep.com

NP99
29th September 2014, 10:47 PM
http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/junkforkelly/kb8ymf/4WD_Action_Magazine_snatch_strap_comparison.pdf

For what it's worth.........

megatexture
29th September 2014, 11:46 PM
Wow I forgot they once did almost unbiast comparisons , those were the days before t11 and roo lmao

threedogs
30th September 2014, 07:36 AM
The Super Cheap strap won the test one year, They were only $40 at the time. Go figure
Not too long ago all the straps were stitched at the same place in Dandenong, I had a tour of the place
from my liking of sewing machines. lol Op Lock, TJM and ARB were all stitched there

mudnut
30th September 2014, 03:42 PM
A really good read. Has made me wonder if the gear, I have is capable.

Stropp
30th September 2014, 04:39 PM
yes i did the same after the simpson, Darren got up me for having a slightly damaged one so when i got home i binned it along with a couple of others that are a bit worse for wear.

threedogs
30th September 2014, 04:43 PM
Its a safety item ,just like a shackle or winch cable, if in doubt throw it out.
You may get jeered for pulling out a new strap, but worth it IMO

NP99
30th September 2014, 06:04 PM
Such a waste to throw them out. Totally understand from a safety point their use by date as a snatch strap, but if you could buy the large buckle tie downs and convert them over, it would save dumping them. They must have a second life employed else where!!!