PDA

View Full Version : In Coffs Harbour now!

Covo71
26th September 2014, 06:31 AM
Hey guys, I am in Coffs Harbour for a few days on holidays with the family. I want to hit a few tracks. Can anyone give me some start points? Any directions would be good. Cheers
Scott

NP99
26th September 2014, 06:38 AM
Send pmc a pm mate. You're now in gods country :)

Covo71
26th September 2014, 07:52 AM
Thanks heaps

NoRush
26th September 2014, 08:14 AM
I'm not sure where the tracks are in and around Coffs but if u go to woolgoolga and go to the sheerwood nature reserve you will find some tracks we've done one track there for my first 4wd and I say it was quite extreme for my first track and iv seen the widow maker( didn't do it) happy to give directions if you would like to explore this area ( we needed a winch to ge out 2" lift 4 " just drove the bank though that was for the extreme track we took)

NoRush
26th September 2014, 08:18 AM
http://youtu.be/p8ZUpWiNfJQ. The Widow Maker

liftlid
26th September 2014, 08:46 AM
That hill looks like it would be fun with a bit of rain on it.
Heading to coffs for a wedding sometime between dec and feb, hope to go for a poke around

NoRush
26th September 2014, 09:54 AM
it would be very interesting with a bit of water on it, one day i shall make the climb! beautiful spot the coffs coast

PMC
26th September 2014, 09:58 AM
G'day Scott,

Call into both TJM and the ARB stores in Coffs Harbour, ask for Mark at TJM or EJ at ARB, the will be to glad to point you in the right direction. A great publication is by a friend of mine Kev Smith.

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u434/RLI1/Turbo%20photos/IMG_1651.jpg (http://s1067.photobucket.com/user/RLI1/media/Turbo%20photos/IMG_1651.jpg.html)

You can purchase the book at both TJM and ARB, it tells you wear all the good tracks are in the area.

Unfortunately, I am busy at present, however, send a PM to Trekster, he is a good friend and is a Coffs Harbour boy and he is always playing around the tracks on most weekends.

Kind regards,

Paul

trekster
28th September 2014, 09:23 PM
Are you still in Coffs? I haven't been on here for a bit and it was by chance I was talking to Paul today that he said he'd dobbed me in.

I can provide you some maps etc.

Cheers,
Eric.

Covo71
30th September 2014, 08:13 PM
Hi Eric, drove out yesterday. Wifey had me on a mission to do a bit of the tourist thing with the two little ones. I think next time I drive up by myself. Lol. Found a couple, one opposite the the road up to Sealy lookout, another beyond Bunnings. I know there is heaps but just not enough time. Thanks heaps anyway. Might take a rain cheque though. Cheers

trekster
2nd October 2014, 10:24 PM
Yeah Rover trail opposite Sealy lookout turnoff is a good one, I've done it a few times now and it seems to be deteriorating more every time I drive it. As for England's road out past bunnings priors boghole is out there and the 3 bears used to be there but a couple of them got flattened.

Cheers,
Eric.