PDA

View Full Version : Sold engine mounts

porkroll
25th September 2014, 01:30 AM
Hey patrolers, I'm about to do my engine mounts on my zd30di, and was just wondering if anyone has fitted solid mounts? I know solid can cause more vibration in car, I found these which have a damping, but would like to know if anyone has, & do you think they'll cause more engine vibration though the car? Or am I about to be a ginni pig! ! Cheers guys

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=141413656305&alt=web

BigRAWesty
25th September 2014, 07:12 AM
I think Winnie has bought more solid mounts for his gq. Not quite like that but superior engineering do a more steel less rubber setup.
I wonder if he's installed them yet??

mudski
25th September 2014, 07:48 AM
Zd30 mounts rarely break. Plus the oem mounts will obviously be smooth on the vibration. And those mounts are around the same as oem.
I wouldn't bother if it were me...

Winnie
25th September 2014, 07:53 AM
I think Winnie has bought more solid mounts for his gq. Not quite like that but superior engineering do a more steel less rubber setup.
I wonder if he's installed them yet??

Yes I have and they are a lot noisier than standard at idle.

threedogs
25th September 2014, 07:55 AM
I would not be putting solid engine mounts on any vehicle

porkroll
25th September 2014, 08:13 AM
Zd30 mounts rarely break. Plus the oem mounts will obviously be smooth on the vibration. And those mounts are around the same as oem.
I wouldn't bother if it were me...

Morning all thanks for the replys, mounts aren't broken, but have a lot of movement stopping/taking off, just looking at long term, if benefits out way negatives. Cheers

threedogs
25th September 2014, 08:17 AM
I would stick with OE mounts as you may be creating other problems with solids .
Plus you may not like the out come so monies wasted

BigRAWesty
25th September 2014, 08:18 AM

Thanks. So I'll go original then to ;-)

porkroll
25th September 2014, 10:19 AM

But only at idle?

porkroll
25th September 2014, 10:20 AM
I would stick with OE mounts as you may be creating other problems with solids .
Plus you may not like the out come so monies wasted

Yes money Is the big issue!

Winnie
25th September 2014, 10:21 AM
But only at idle?

Yep, noise goes away once it's revving.

porkroll
26th September 2014, 12:12 AM
Yep, noise goes away once it's revving.

No vibration after idle? Quite and smooth yeah?

NP99
26th September 2014, 06:22 AM
Morning all thanks for the replys, mounts aren't broken, but have a lot of movement stopping/taking off, just looking at long term, if benefits out way negatives. Cheers

How are the gearbox mounts?

Winnie
26th September 2014, 06:51 AM
No vibration after idle? Quite and smooth yeah?

As smooth as a TD42 GQ gets... Lol

porkroll
28th September 2014, 02:39 PM
How are the gearbox mounts?

I thought it was the gearbox mounts, so I changed them, no go! So I'll say what's going on, should of done this at the start, sorry guys, she's an auto, 4 speed, so when stopping with hand on shifter, it will move backwards then take foot off the brake and accelerate it will then move forward, can also feel it though the car, it's quite a jolt, just trying to diagnose what it could be! Obviously I have stuffed mounts somewhere! !