PDA

View Full Version : Oil filter

desq
23rd September 2014, 11:00 PM
Hi, I need some help on changing the oil filter on my 2001 GU 3lt diesel patrol.
Can I get some instructions, the type of filter and any tools I will need for the job.
Thanks in advance,, Des

boots
23rd September 2014, 11:52 PM
Hi desq . Its a canister type oil filter located on the left side under the turbo . you need a 1/2'' drive breaker bar with a small extension only . There is a small drip tray already underneath the filter to catch the oil as you take it off . repco or bursons are your friends when it comes to filter replacement . If you have dual batteries its a PITA , not much room. Lefty loosey , Righty tighty .

NP99
24th September 2014, 12:25 AM
And remember Repco give 10% discount with racv card.

desq
24th September 2014, 08:13 AM
Thanks Boots, you have have saved me a heap of frustration

mudski
24th September 2014, 01:04 PM
Hi desq . Its a canister type oil filter located on the left side under the turbo . you need a 1/2'' drive breaker bar with a small extension only . There is a small drip tray already underneath the filter to catch the oil as you take it off . repco or bursons are your friends when it comes to filter replacement . If you have dual batteries its a PITA , not much room. Lefty loosey , Righty tighty .

Remember to put a small tray under the end on the hose on the drip tray though otherwise you will have a small puddle of oil on the ground. ..