PDA

View Full Version : Auto Headlights

lhurley
22nd September 2014, 02:24 PM
Hey all,

Has anyone installed auto headlights??

Im looking at this kit from jay car, Auto headlights Jay Car (http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=KC5524), For $60.

Its got the features to turn the lights on when you unlock the car, and then turn them off after a period of time after the car is turned off. And its light sensing of course.

Thanks in advance

Lachlan

megatexture
22nd September 2014, 05:40 PM
It says its a kit and some soldering required.. How's your soldering skills lol. My wife would like that idea at the train station at night

lhurley
22nd September 2014, 07:41 PM
Good enough. Not chip good but i can join wires. For $60 i think i might give it a crack. At least speak to someone at jaycar anyways.

My old car had follow my home and auto lights and it was awesome. Auto headlights are the best.

megatexture
22nd September 2014, 08:08 PM
You just have to not overheat the components and use a heatsink clamp on them . The link says some soldering so it may be just a little bit. Let us know how you go

Flex
23rd September 2014, 09:46 PM
Just read over the article for the kit, looks like a bit of wiring is needed to install it. Let us know how you go.

megatexture
24th September 2014, 12:52 AM
To me it reads like it comes with a blank(no components) pcb screen printed on both sides and one side being solder masked ready to solder components on, all nessasary components and die cast case are supplied and all you need to supply additionally is the wire to connect to the car.

katwoman
24th September 2014, 01:03 AM
I would love this, too. Got my mechanic to look at Katrol when he did his Hilux, but he said it was a PITA, something to do with the headlights in GU's being wired seperatley ?

BigRAWesty
24th September 2014, 07:22 AM
I would love this, too. Got my mechanic to look at Katrol when he did his Hilux, but he said it was a PITA, something to do with the headlights in GU's being wired seperatley ?

Quite possibly, the patrols run independent left and right light wires front the steering wheel, but I think the feed to the is single??