PDA

View Full Version : Car hoist

NP99
21st September 2014, 11:09 AM
This could be a good buy for a home workshop:)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CAR-HOIST-COMMERCIAL-GRADE-/171459283722?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27ebc50b0a

04OFF
21st September 2014, 11:14 AM
2.5 T, wont lift "my" troll if that's the case (lol)

Do you live on egay or what ? :hpfredgeorge1:

jff45
21st September 2014, 11:20 AM
The 'home' workshop would need 3 phase power and a high roof.

When I extended my shed 6 metres, I thought about putting a pit in but the concreter's quote was about the same as a chinese hoist..

NP99
21st September 2014, 11:38 AM
My shed on the coast is 3 phase and I filled in my pit. Having 3 phase at home is doable and an outdoor hoist :)

Always looking for bargains on eBay Steve :)...... Buy low sell high :)

04OFF
21st September 2014, 01:31 PM
Always looking for bargains on eBay Steve :)...... Buy low sell high :)

Yeh I love it too, missed some great bargains because I am not vigilant enough to keep checking, but have still scored some good gear in the past.

Unfortunately for me, people that buy DSLR camera gear on there, seem to be happy to pay within 10% of brand new prices :confused:

NP99
21st September 2014, 04:49 PM
The 'home' workshop would need 3 phase power and a high roof.

When I extended my shed 6 metres, I thought about putting a pit in but the concreter's quote was about the same as a chinese hoist..

A bobcat scrape, some cgi, some sleepers and a top coat of reo and cement should see that done john...

Cuppa
21st September 2014, 05:05 PM
Always looking for bargains on eBay

I often buy from ebay just because it’s easier to do from my armchair than to search around. For that reason I am sometimes prepared to pay the market price (including postage), but you do have to be careful as there are many sellers who’s prices are higher than buying locally.

My best ever bargain was a new Exedy clutch for our bus. Not the sort of item that most places have on their shelves, & with a price of around $375. A mate alerted me to it & although I didn’t need it at the time I bid $150 & I got it for $40 + $30 postage. It was fitted when I had the bus re-engined.