PDA

View Full Version : Temperamental Power Window

Bigrig
23rd February 2011, 11:35 PM
Howdy

Quick one - front passenger power window is playing up ONLY from the button on my door cluster. The window goes up and down just fine with it's own button, but will only go down using the button on my door controls - won't go up? So the motor in the door is fine, but appears something wrong with the electrics? Literally just started happening tonight.

How bizarre? Or is there a simple fix?

Thanks in advance people!!

Finly Owner
23rd February 2011, 11:54 PM
Truck at work does same thing, been advised bad connection......

Bigrig
23rd February 2011, 11:57 PM
Truck at work does same thing, been advised bad connection......

Thanks mate - I'm off to Sydney in it tomorrow, so I might get up early and pull it apart and have a squiz - figured it had to be something simple ... probably dropped a twistie down there whilst I was driving!!! LOL

Finly Owner
23rd February 2011, 11:58 PM
Or splashed beer HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

oops better not be cheeky had I? might not get my bits...........

LOL

Bigrig
23rd February 2011, 11:59 PM
Or splashed beer HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

oops better not be cheeky had I? might not get my bits...........

LOL

LOL ... yeah, don't hang sh!t on the courier till you have the package safely in your mits!!! Catching up with Todd on Friday arvo for a couple more than likely ...

Dhuck
24th February 2011, 12:04 AM
Sounds like a bad contact in the switch. Same used to happen to the combination switch in my old Commodore. The switches are usually sealed units but can be pulled apart with a little TLC.

Bigrig
24th February 2011, 12:10 AM
Sounds like a bad contact in the switch. Same used to happen to the combination switch in my old Commodore. The switches are usually sealed units but can be pulled apart with a little TLC.

You know me brother - when it comes to TLC, out come the hammers!!! LOL

Dhuck
24th February 2011, 12:13 AM
lol Bigrig with bighammer

Bigrig
24th February 2011, 12:16 AM
lol Bigrig with bighammer

Are you referring to my barge arse? ... well, you know what they say ... "you need a big hammer, to drive a big nail"!!! LMFAO!!!

Ooooohhhh ... you mean the hammer in my toolbox!! Got it!! LOL

Dhuck
24th February 2011, 12:18 AM
your a d1ck at times buddy.

Bigrig
24th February 2011, 12:20 AM
yes .... yes I am .... LOL

gec
24th February 2011, 01:45 AM
A simple fix Bigrig, just pull the switch and open it up[careful as they have some small bits that come loose] clean up the contacts on the pins and plate then replace and should work fine, mine have a habit of doing the same thing on occasion.

Bigrig
24th February 2011, 10:15 AM
A simple fix Bigrig, just pull the switch and open it up[careful as they have some small bits that come loose] clean up the contacts on the pins and plate then replace and should work fine, mine have a habit of doing the same thing on occasion.

Champion!! Thanks - will tinker with it later this morning.

Bigrig
24th February 2011, 01:29 PM
Fixed!! Thank you all ..

simongnz
22nd March 2011, 11:12 AM
Thanks - fixed mine using this method too.