PDA

View Full Version : 2 Patrols towing out a fully loaded Truck!

Mark
19th May 2010, 06:55 PM
Here's a good one of one of our delivery trucks fully loaded up with over 20 tonne of rubber that got stuck coming up my road to our depot.

Actually he wasn't stuck he was just to woosy to crank up the revs in his truck and he tried to reverse back after he ran out of power and fell into a deep gutter.

My Gu Nissan Patrol is at the rear and my mates Patrol at the front and after a couple of shots we managed to pull him out.

the guy didnt even say thanks...We should've just left him and see how much it would've cost him to get craned out...$$$

AB
19th May 2010, 07:00 PM
Pretty good effort Mark!

Didn't even say thanks, you should have just pushed him back in the gutter and let him call for help!

Indeed, that would cost thousands to get someone out!

Timbo
20th May 2010, 12:03 PM
Haha that's an awesome effort. Just goes to show how tough the Patrols are! But I'm sure a couple of other brands of 4wd could have done the same thing.. but for the sake of these forums.. Patrols win!

Danny
26th May 2010, 02:05 PM
I'd like to see 2 Rav 4's pulling that out :)

patch697
23rd June 2010, 12:30 PM
Didn't even say thanks, you should have just pushed him back in the gutter and let him call for help!

Lol........My thought exactly bloody ungrateful bastards no pleasing some ppl.

Shame you didn't get it on video would have made a great post on youtube.

Personally after the lake of gratitude I would have sent a copy of the photo & the Bill for the recovery to his Boss......lol

Mark
23rd June 2010, 12:36 PM
I know, I couldn't believe that!

ungrateful you know what.

A friend who was watching took a video of this on his phone actually, I forgot about that.

I'll give him a ring and see if he still has it.

Thanks for reminding me. :)

patch697
23rd June 2010, 12:59 PM
I know, I couldn't believe that!

ungrateful you know what.

A friend who was watching took a video of this on his phone actually, I forgot about that.

I'll give him a ring and see if he still has it.

Thanks for reminding me. :)

Hope he still has it ??? I would Loooovvvvvvveeeeee to see it. Cheers Paul

Mark
23rd June 2010, 01:08 PM
Good news, he still has it, not sure on the quality as it was done on a mobile phone.

I'll get it off him today and post it here!

Hope its a good vid, it was a nightmare of a day!!!

patch697
23rd June 2010, 01:53 PM
sounds good can't wait

Mark
23rd June 2010, 02:00 PM
Hey We got it!

Its quite poor quality and the video was taken at the top of the hill after the truck was pulled out of the ditch so It's not the best video around but it gives you the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnI-cQFa35w

I have a confession to make though, We needed an extra 4wd at the end to get up the steep hill to the property so this video shows the old LandCruiser helping out at the end...

The two Patrol's did actually pull him out first though...haha

patch697
23rd June 2010, 02:14 PM
Hey We got it!

Its quite poor quality and the video was taken at the top of the hill after the truck was pulled out of the ditch so It's not the best video around but it gives you the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnI-cQFa35w

I have a confession to make though, We needed an extra 4wd at the end to get up the steep hill to the property so this video shows the old LandCruiser helping out at the end...

The two Patrol's did actually pull him out first though...haha

Noooooooooooo....... What your really meant to say was the tojo was up front as FODDA to keep the 2 Patrols free to do the job at hand.............. WASN'T IT..................LOL

Mark
23rd June 2010, 02:19 PM
Noooooooooooo....... What your really meant to say was the tojo was up front as FODDA to keep the 2 Patrols free to do the job at hand.............. WASN'T IT..................LOL

haha....That's it mate!!! :)

Actually the FJ was just used as a battering ram to knock the kangaWallaFoxes off the track and make way for the real machines.....lol

MudRunnerTD
26th June 2010, 12:42 AM
What a tool mate, cant believe he did not say thanks boys! you put a fair bit into that and took a heap of stress on your cars then to basically get shunned sux.

What were you using as straps? cant quite make it out. Send him a bill for replacement recovery gear as it is all now likely to be beyond any Safe condition.

Mark
26th June 2010, 12:50 AM
What a tool mate, cant believe he did not say thanks boys! you put a fair bit into that and took a heap of stress on your cars then to basically get shunned sux.

What were you using as straps? cant quite make it out. Send him a bill for replacement recovery gear as it is all now likely to be beyond any Safe condition.

yeah It's a joke hey.

The first guy in the wagon had brand new snatchems and we ended up using three of them and as you mentioned "beyond safe condition now". I run the business so we owe my employee a new set. It strecthes them a bit but we didnt take any notice as we had a 6 hour job ahead of us to unload 12 pallets of rubber tiles by hand . After we pulled the ungrateful SOB out of the rut all of the rubber fell off the pallets and we unloaded by hand.

A day to forget!

AB
27th August 2012, 09:06 PM
What made you bring this old dinosaur thread up Plassy...lol

This was posted when the forum first started and I made my brother post up this stuff to get it all started...Arrrr the memories!!!!

That was a nightmare day to be honest. Unloading tons and tons of rubber tiles by hand after pulling this guy out of a ditch because he was too soft to give his truck some curry up the hill.

Glad those days are over!!!!

Mattonpatrol
28th August 2012, 12:10 PM
LOl what an asshole, Good on yous though, solid effort from the troll

Clunk
3rd October 2013, 10:15 PM
Pretty good effort Mark!

Nah mate, don't worry about it bud. I've got me El cheapo 3 room jobby that I'll be bringing anyway..... Plenty of room in it, just in case undercover shelter is required at any point ;)

Clunk
3rd October 2013, 10:19 PM
I see the MC beta byo2 version is doing odd things with quotes as well........ My post above was actually supposed to have been a response to Doggy in the WA meet up thread

P4trol
4th October 2013, 09:56 AM
Has anyone seen that full page advert with a cruiser attached to a semi. The caption "my xx brand of tyres pulled this truck out"

Can't read your sidewalls, which means you could flog the photo to any tyre company to use!

Bloodyaussie
13th November 2013, 08:45 PM
Pretty good effort Mark!

Cheeky.....

Bloodyaussie
13th November 2013, 09:03 PM
I did not reply to this thread but some how I have quoted and posted????

Wierd!!!!