PDA

View Full Version : Epic Workshop tour with Readies 4x4 Motorsports. There's some great action and lots o

AB
17th September 2014, 04:01 PM
I think you need a Facebook account to watch this video below, goes for 11 minutes but worth a watch if you have time :)

Epic Workshop tour with Readies 4x4 Motorsports (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Readies-4x4-Motorsports/516612898373870). There's some great action and lots of info on Patrols and engine conversions.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=731584533546019&set=vb.233874483317029&type=2&theater

Family4x4
17th September 2014, 05:16 PM
Great blokes always willing to help.

Bloodyaussie
17th September 2014, 05:28 PM
Ha ha ha ha........ " Here's another 3lt that's blown up" !!!!!!!!

Good watching.

Drewboyaus
17th September 2014, 09:33 PM
That's a great video. I'm curious as to how they pass emissions and roadworthy when using the old silver top Td42's in the newer GU models......

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

sooty_10
17th September 2014, 10:15 PM
Yeah I had watched that too. Anyone used readies for much before? Here's another blown 3lt :) I'm wanting to get my td42 tuned and wondering if they do it? And any good? I don't want a blown td42 ;)

Family4x4
17th September 2014, 10:23 PM
Yeah I had watched that too. Anyone used readies for much before? Here's another blown 3lt :) I'm wanting to get my td42 tuned and wondering if they do it? And any good? I don't want a blown td42 ;)

I have used readies for a few bits and pieces, Clint is normally there and they have always been helpful. I would back his knowledge and expertise. If you tell them what you are after I would trust them to steer you in the right direction.

sooty_10
18th September 2014, 06:50 AM
I have used readies for a few bits and pieces, Clint is normally there and they have always been helpful. I would back his knowledge and expertise. If you tell them what you are after I would trust them to steer you in the right direction.

I was hoping you'd chime in and figured you would have had some dealings with them. I spoken to them on the phone before and they were quite helpful and upfront.

Bob
18th September 2014, 07:03 AM
I think you need a Facebook account to watch this video below, goes for 11 minutes but worth a watch if you have time :)

I dont have a Faceache A/c but I was able to watch the Video

threedogs
18th September 2014, 07:06 AM
When I was in Hospital last, the guy I shared the room with worked at Readie's

AB
18th September 2014, 12:48 PM
I dont have a Faceache A/c but I was able to watch the Video

Good to know that, cheers Bob!

Bloodyaussie
18th September 2014, 01:30 PM
Had a good chat to Readies today.... I asked about the TD42 in the late model GU's and he said so far they have fitted an 88 model donk into a 2006 GU and there is plans to also fit one to a 2008 which he is curious himself about.

He said if he had known about our meet up he would have tried to make time to come along and say gday..

Very friendly and helpful but not one for forums as he gets tired of arguing with keyboard heroes.

Also said he also does work on the road and if there is say a few cars in an area he will come and give them a tickle instead of having to take them to him in Bendigo.

sooty_10
18th September 2014, 02:57 PM
Had a good chat to Readies today.... I asked about the TD42 in the late model GU's and he said so far they have fitted an 88 model donk into a 2006 GU and there is plans to also fit one to a 2008 which he is curious himself about.

He said if he had known about our meet up he would have tried to make time to come along and say gday..

Very friendly and helpful but not one for forums as he gets tired of arguing with keyboard heroes.

Also said he also does work on the road and if there is say a few cars in an area he will come and give them a tickle instead of having to take them to him in Bendigo.

I went out hand had a chat with Clint around midday, I think you were on the phone to him when I was there. :) My td42 uses a bit of fuel so was talking about getting a tune, he had one look at my pump and said looks like someone's played with the max fuel screw.... :( someone who must have had no idea. Also took me for a spin down the road in one of his GU TD42's with an 18g and 12mm. That got up and moving, makes my 16g large and 11mm (over fuelling) pump feel very lame. Think I will have to get something done sooner than later.

threedogs
18th September 2014, 03:10 PM
Also heard they do a mean internal roll cage, thinking NN might want to give Clint a bell ?

lhurley
18th September 2014, 07:01 PM
Also heard they do a mean internal roll cage, thinking NN might want to give Clint a bell ?

Long drive for newby. Some 1800km one way

Crate
19th September 2014, 05:17 AM
I think he might like 4.2's just a little bit? Good video! I am curious about the 4.2 into CRD conversion also, I have the understanding that it is not legal as the 4.2 can't match the emissions of a CRD..

Hodge
19th September 2014, 05:58 AM
I think he might like 4.2's just a little bit? Good video! I am curious about the 4.2 into CRD conversion also, I have the understanding that it is not legal as the 4.2 can't match the emissions of a CRD..

This is what I was told by a few places when I asked about putting a 4.2 into my car. That quickly put a stop that.

Sent from my S4 using Forum Runner

Bloodyaussie
19th September 2014, 06:33 AM
He is about to do one so I guess watch and see......

sooty_10
19th September 2014, 10:37 AM
So after seeing Clint out at Readies 4x4 yesterday and him noticing my max fuel screw cap was missing, mentioned that it looks like someone has played with it at some stage :(
Which might be the explanation of my pretty average fuel consumption. Anyway I just had a play and un-wound the screw a few fractions and the patrol feels noticeably smoother/doesn't seem to lack any power, and the EGT's seem more stable and it now needs a lot more right foot to get towards dangerous zones. Be interesting to see the fuel consumption of my next tank load. Not sure who played with the screw, maybe before I bought it or the shop in Darwin I had give it a tune when I lived there. I've learnt a lot from the forums and actually have a basic understanding of the pump that now before I'll let anyone touch it, they will be explaining what exactly on the pump they are going to touch.

Clint was very helpful and didn't once try to do a sell on me, simply said he could have a look and tune it to get it sorted if I wanted to bring it in to him. Finances are the only thing holding me back at the moment (uni student), and I'll see how my figures go for now but as soon as I get my intercooler (next project on wish list) I'll most likely take it out to Clint for a tune.

(AUST)Mod
2nd December 2014, 04:14 PM
I wish we had a place like this in WA

blocko05
4th July 2015, 05:42 AM
that was great, thanks for sharing

Hodge
6th July 2015, 08:55 PM

Though I'd reply to this ...
Spoke with Clint today. Yes you can do it, it takes 4-5 days and about $14-15k drive in drive out full conversion.
But... Legally, you're not allowed. However, if you intend on keeping the car, then yeah you may be able to get away with it. But when selling, then it gets messy as rego papers won't match up etc...and then you're screwed. Knowing my luck i'd drive out of readies and get done by one of them Sherrif / drug / roadworthy nets they setup, and get shafted ! haha

mudski
6th July 2015, 09:36 PM
Though I'd reply to this ...
Spoke with Clint today. Yes you can do it, it takes 4-5 days and about $14-15k drive in drive out full conversion.
But... Legally, you're not allowed. However, if you intend on keeping the car, then yeah you may be able to get away with it. But when selling, then it gets messy as rego papers won't match up etc...and then you're screwed. Knowing my luck i'd drive out of readies and get done by one of them Sherrif / drug / roadworthy nets they setup, and get shafted ! haha
So why would one bother doing it really...Big outlay for something illegal. You know what to do Eric ;)

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Hodge
7th July 2015, 05:24 AM
So why would one bother doing it really...Big outlay for something illegal. You know what to do Eric ;)

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

I wouldn't personally, but he reckons hes done quiet a few.