PDA

View Full Version : Had to bleed fuel lines?

growler2058
22nd February 2011, 08:38 PM
I took the ol Troll off the road to do some maintenance, clutch slave, hand brake linings, rear brake cylinders and linings and more. Anyway i didn't start her for around 4+weeks, when i went to kick her over no action, sounder to me like fuel. So grab the old trusty gregorys manual and bleed the system and all good away she goes, couple weeks later time for a scrub, same prob. I cant see any obvious fuel leaks. Can anyone shed some light? BTW its diesel td42

Cheers:trink13:

MQ MAD
22nd February 2011, 09:02 PM
Fuel filter ???
Buy flush lines,i take it with compressed air ???
Drain the tank right out or remove and clean out properly ???
The TD42s have a fine filter in the IP ???
Not 100% on that ,someone should know

Ive just dont a full system clean and flush to my MK ute (diesel)
Out with the tank,flush the lines ,new flexible hoses ect
Certainly not a 5 min job

YNOT
22nd February 2011, 09:07 PM
It sounds like you have an air leak into the fuel system, finding the leak may be a mission as it won't be obvious. Check the fuel filter seal and all fuel system connections to make sure they are tight and sealing properly. Being on the feed (low pressure) side of the pump it is possible to have air leaking in without fuel leaking out.
The easy way to get rid of the problem is just to start the car more often!

Tony

growler2058
22nd February 2011, 10:03 PM
It sounds like you have an air leak into the fuel system, finding the leak may be a mission as it won't be obvious. Check the fuel filter seal and all fuel system connections to make sure they are tight and sealing properly. Being on the feed (low pressure) side of the pump it is possible to have air leaking in without fuel leaking out.
The easy way to get rid of the problem is just to start the car more often!

Tony

I rekon so my feet have dried out and the muds fallen off and the musty smell has gone from the underlay! All spells Time to get out and dirty again!