PDA

View Full Version : Clutch options gq

mark89
12th September 2014, 12:09 PM
Ok after putting a new slave and booster in my clutch is officially slipping like a bitch. I need a new clutch but unsure which one to get will be purchasing off eBay. So far the exedy extreme looks good for sub 400 or the terrain tamer but want first hand experiences. I like a heavy clutch even snappy, car is a non turbo 4.2 diesel gq ute reasonably stock, car is not a daily mainly used for camping fishing trips a few times a year so a harsh clutch is fine engine runs great and loves copping abuse

mudski
12th September 2014, 02:22 PM
Spend the coin and get a good clutch. Last thing you want is to be replacing it again from failure because of a cheaper clutch. The Clutch Industries 4 Terrain or the Exedy Safari Tuff clutch are probably the two top clutches. I have the 4 Terrain in mine, it's actually no heavier on the foot too which is a bonus. Been going great for the last 18 months too.

mark89
15th September 2014, 12:35 AM
Safari tough is looking like the go. I would like something quite heavy on the foot and something that will be able to cope with a mild turbo setup should I head that way in the future.