PDA

View Full Version : XTM 12000lb Winch

Onrei
10th September 2014, 08:47 PM
Hi guys,

I am in the market for a winch and I noticed that BCF have their XTM 12000 lb winch on sale for $499 which the catalogue us saying is nearly half price. Has anyone out there tried this winch? Is it worth looking at or should I steer clear?

Apologies if this discussion has been discussed in other threads - I couldn't find it.

Cheers

Onrei

MEGOMONSTER
10th September 2014, 10:17 PM
Get the best winch you can afford.
Myself I went for a Runva winch, which was suggested to me last year by a few members. Great value, great winch.
Synthetic rope 12k for I think it was 630 or 650 delivered.

threedogs
11th September 2014, 10:32 AM
Runva is made by Warn so you know you have ledgendary performance and build quality

TimE
11th September 2014, 11:14 AM
Runva are made in China look here (http://www.runva.com/channel/?About-Us.html)

Mate who sells and services winches reckons most Chinese units are OK for occasional use provided you use a snatch block to 1/2 the load. Their weak point is usually gear sets that fracture under load.

89gqpatrol4x4
11th September 2014, 06:38 PM
mate I have a xtm winch and so far can't fault it! Paid $500 18 months ago. Used it at least a dozen times and no probs. Saved our arse on the frenchmans track about 2 months ago. ( we were by ourselves) To me it looks the same as tigers and super cheap winches, I think it is just re badged. I have a mate who bought a 1200lbs warn winch for is 200 series and it was fixed once and replaced once so for the money he paid I could have bought 5 winches!!!! The cheaper winches are getting alot better. I run mine in and out at least once a month and when I get around to it I will put the control box ( or whatever it's called) in the cab or at least under the bonnet.