PDA

View Full Version : Eva kool 70l fridge freezer

Bogan_dano
10th September 2014, 05:45 AM
Hey guys looking at these for 1000 bucks fridge freezer are they allright or is it best to save up for a better fridge freezer .... Can't find many with separate lids and compartments any advice would be great thanks guys :)

Maxhead
10th September 2014, 07:09 AM
DXGrunt has one and loves it mate, I'm sure he'll chime in soon...LOL

GU CAMPER
10th September 2014, 09:31 AM
I have two of them
They are a great fridge keeps beer Icy cold
Don't use much power to run either
I believe they have just bought out a new model which is grey instead of yellow

Cheers Andy

threedogs
10th September 2014, 11:01 AM
Eva -cool were originally Baileys up in QLD.
I use a Bailey ice box and love it same insulation on the box part.
I'll put it up against anything else thats out there

lucus30
10th September 2014, 12:54 PM
I've got a 60L evakool however its not one of their Australian made ones its a Chinese made one with a domus compressor and honestly it works fine. Draws about 3amp while running but doesn't run all that often so uses about 1.5 amps an hour with it set to 2 degrees

DX grunt
10th September 2014, 08:32 PM
Hey.

I've got the 95 lt. Bought it from this lot and love it. http://www.australiandirect.com.au/portable-fridges

Looking at my receipts, I've had it for about 3.5 years now. Mine came with a 5yr warranty and a Danfoss compressor.

When I'm camping overnight, it stays in the pod, when I set up the full camp, it goes into the annex. They are very heavy when full.

The clips on mine broke once, but they were replaced under warranty. There is a service record for servicing after 24, 36, 48 and 60 months. Inspections, ect are at the owner's cost.

Mine's powered by my 2nd battery, which is topped up by my 2 x 120w solar panels on the roof. I've been told that to solar power the 95lt, you need a 120w solar panel. Not sure on the truth of it.

I'm not affiliated with the company I bought it from, just a very satisfied customer.

Take care out there.

Rossco

Edit. I really need another fridge to store the bait and the day's catch. lol and I take the baskets out before I move the fridge when it's loaded.
Because it's a big fridge/freezer, before I take it camping, I always plug into 240 power a day or two and let it do it's job, before I 'cut the shore power'.

Bogan_dano
12th September 2014, 05:54 PM
Thanks heaps guys I think I will buy one and see how we go as soon as the mrs agrees:)

Will let everyone no how it goes

Woof
12th September 2014, 10:19 PM
Hey Dano, got myself one of those, only used it 3 times but I recon they are great mate