PDA

View Full Version : 04 GU ZD30 Auto shudder

Lexx
9th September 2014, 08:28 PM
Hey guys,

I've had a search around and can't seem to find, or understand, what I need. So, here is a post.

At around 80 and sometimes 100 km/h my gear box changes down (revs drop under 2000) and the whole car shudders for a few seconds, until it kicks up again itself, or I depress the throttle a little more and the revs increase.

It never used to do it, is this something bad, or a simple servicing issue?

Cheers,

Lexx
9th September 2014, 08:29 PM
To clarify the revs are higher at 100 but cant remember exactly what

NP99
9th September 2014, 08:37 PM
I'm no auto expert, but as a lot of the boxes are electronic, try disconnecting the battery for 30 min and reconnect. Sorry mate, I have no other solution.

taslucas
9th September 2014, 08:42 PM
Sounds like around the speed/rpm the torque converter locks up. Might be worth checking your uni joints.

threedogs
10th September 2014, 10:08 AM
Mine gave a small shudder changing into top gear, I put an additive in it from my auto guy. Forgot the name, easy enough to do though
Plus they need to be serviced at least once a year, no shudder at all now, That was around 150k now at 210K

Sretch
12th September 2014, 12:45 PM
Could be the over boost safety feature kicking in. Check the nissan reference document.

Lexx
16th September 2014, 03:59 PM
Hey all, sorry for the late reply, work and babes always seem to get in the way!

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm hoping it only takes the auto service (thanks threedogs), and I'll check the uni joint (thanks taslucas). I'm not sure if it's overboost as the PSI is only about 7 -10 at that point,, unless going up hill etc...

Could try the battery disconnect, might do that while servicing the box. Lucky I have the AHG kit and intercooler on the way, will be pulling the engine apart for a nice big clean out, may as well do it all in one, turbo too!

johno1938
26th October 2014, 11:25 AM
i had a silght shudder going into o/d
CHANGe the OIL &auto filter
use good oil
easy fix

batesy
5th November 2014, 07:29 AM
you will probably find your torque convertor is on the way out, the lining inside is starting to fall out & if you keep driving it will clog up your auto causing it to overheat.

NICOTOY60
6th January 2019, 03:55 AM
hello, did you find the solution to your problem?