PDA

View Full Version : Are there differences in ARB deluxe winch bars

AB
8th September 2014, 06:31 PM
G'day Sam or anyone else who may know the answer...

Did the arb deluxe winch bar differ in size at all for the gq patrol?

happygu
8th September 2014, 08:03 PM
As far as i remember, there was a DX split rim version, for the GQs with no flares, and the wide wheel pack version, which was the most common, as most ordered the wide wheel pack

Drewboyaus
8th September 2014, 08:27 PM
G'day Sam or anyone else who may know the answer... Did the arb deluxe winch bar differ in size at all for the gq patrol?

Which dimension AB?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

AB
8th September 2014, 08:31 PM
Which dimension AB?

The only measurement I checked is below.

Rosscos measured I think 230mm from behind front plate to grille.

Mine measured 215mm

Both bars were pushed back to mounts and mounted correctly. In fact both were pushed back to body mount plates so...

Edit....ill have to double check exact measurements of front of chassis etc but that's what I saw in the interim.

AB
8th September 2014, 08:38 PM
Everything's fine, the highmount will fit and I could not of done this without johnos bar but I may need to cut my grille up which is disappointing.

It looks so pretty at the moment... Lol

I'm lucky the ic is mounted up high where the highmount tapers back!!!

MudRunnerTD
8th September 2014, 08:51 PM
They should be the same mate.

Drewboyaus
8th September 2014, 09:00 PM
There was a bar style that would accommodate a high mount or low mount. There was a huge open area in front of the grille.
I do remember my mate (who works for ARB) commenting when I got my deluxe bar that it was a later model......maybe they changed the design a little.

AB
8th September 2014, 09:01 PM
They should be the same mate.

Yep they should be...lol

Ill take proper measurements on the weekend from chassis to a point on the bar but I'm pretty confident in the above mate.

Just not getting a break lately damn it!!!

MudRunnerTD
8th September 2014, 09:02 PM
There was a bar style that would accommodate a high mount or low mount. There was a huge open area in front of the grille.
I do remember my mate (who works for ARB) commenting when I got my deluxe bar that it was a later model......maybe they changed the design a little.

Yes the two bars your talking about are the ARB Commercial bar which takes a Lowmount r Himount and has a very big nose and the ARB Deluxe winch bar specifically designed for a Lowmount winch and has a much shorted nose and better approach angle.

AB
8th September 2014, 09:07 PM

Rossco was bloody close though, it was 1mm off the grille. He also had to cut a section out of the bottom cross bar to fit it and also had to space it back 3mm from the front plate because of the returns on the bar hitting the winch so he's is definitely not suitable for a highmount straight fit.

Easy fix though for these solid bars, don't get me wrong just confused of the 15mm difference that's all.

I want to 100% confirm this though with some solid structure measurements, not a measurement to the plastic grille so ill double check another day and get back to you.