PDA

View Full Version : Fletcha's Ipad Mount

big_fletch
8th September 2014, 04:08 PM
Well I've got my Ipad air loaded with All the Hema Maps but have been trying too work out where too mount it in the troll. So I have started making a steel mount bolted too the passenger side seat bolts.. Will update thread once Ipad holder arrives this week.
Will be using a Ram Mount for the setup and Ram Tab-Tite Ipad Air holder :thumbup:

threedogs
8th September 2014, 04:43 PM
there are a few threads on this bracket might get some ideas from there.

Coming up your way with a few others[fishing] on the 4th of Oct

Stropp
8th September 2014, 05:31 PM
i have mine mounted in the dash top box (the ball mount) and the rest i attach to the ball when i use it, mine is a ram mount too :)

Rocket55
8th September 2014, 05:40 PM
I've mounted mine the same way Stropp has by the sounds of it, plenty of pics here http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?28210-Rockets-Wagon&p=511564&posted=1#post511564 (bottom of first page).

big_fletch
8th September 2014, 05:57 PM
Yer being a Series 2 I don't have that handy little pocket :( I want it too be pretty solid which is why I'm using a solid steel mount from the seat..
Bracket welded up and waiting for the Ram mounts too finish working out lengths

AB
8th September 2014, 06:09 PM
Interested to see what you go mate. I just got mine going again the car with the old suction cap and it certainly does suck...lol

oncedisturbed
8th September 2014, 07:50 PM
Mine is mounted straight to the top of the dash, never missed a beat

Winnie
8th September 2014, 10:23 PM
Interested to see what you go mate. I just got mine going again the car with the old suction cap and it certainly does suck...lol
That's what I use and it's great... Did not fall off once on the Simpson trip

Cuppa
8th September 2014, 10:23 PM
I’ve thought about ipad mounts a number of times but the reality is that space is at such a premium in the cab of my ute mouting it anywhere is not a very practical proposition. Seems the most obvious solution is for my wife to hold it! :)

big_fletch
8th September 2014, 10:53 PM
I’ve thought about ipad mounts a number of times but the reality is that space is at such a premium in the cab of my ute mouting it anywhere is not a very practical proposition. Seems the most obvious solution is for my wife to hold it! :)

Haha I suggested that, then I got told too build a mount lol

big_fletch
11th September 2014, 07:08 PM
Well all finished, got my Ram mounts today so finished the mount all up.. Will paint it a different colour too better match the interior.
Almost no movement in the mount at all

Rocket55
11th September 2014, 07:40 PM
Nice work!

Stropp
12th September 2014, 01:12 AM
Yeh looks good mate.

Sir Roofy
12th September 2014, 08:03 AM
Your a talented young man fletch
nice and neat as usual
is that a polaris in the dash ?

threedogs
12th September 2014, 11:17 AM
Easy to turn so the GLW can see to, very thoughtful. LOL

big_fletch
12th September 2014, 11:39 AM
Your a talented young man fletch
nice and neat as usual
is that a polaris in the dash ?

Nah just a ebay unit Roofy haha

TazManiac
25th October 2014, 05:15 PM
Looks the goods. No wobbles on that unit I'm sure. I hate the windscreen/dash mounted options as they vibrate too much sometimes.

MonsterGQ
27th December 2014, 10:16 PM
Great work mates looks nice and clean