PDA

View Full Version : Road Closues in High Country

Bob
21st February 2011, 03:57 PM
Flood Closures
Visitors are asked to avoid a number of areas in the Alpine National Park due to damaged bridges, land slips, fallen debris and/or wet slippery road and track conditions.

A full list of flood closures can be downloaded here.
http://www.parkweb.vic.gov.au/resources/mresources/Closures-AlpineNP.pdf
Current flood damage closures in popular visitor / 4WD areas includes:

Wonnangatta – Moroka / Howqua – King (Dargo - Licola – Mansfield)

* King Billy Track
* Dry River Walking Track/ Bicentennial National Trail from Howitt Rd to Wonnangatta Valley and from Guys Hut to Wonnagnatta Valley.
* Howitt Road open to 4WD vehicles with care
* Bluff Link Road (between 16 Mile Jeep Track & Howqua River)
* Upper Howqua Camping Area

Bogong (Mt Beauty)

* West Kiewa Logging Road
* Catherine River Bridge (Buffalo River valley) will be replaced in February 2011. Vehicles must cross the river via the ford adjacent to the work site. Please note that relatively small rainfall events may make the ford impassable.

East Alps (Omeo, Benambra, Corryong)

* Davies Plain Track including the southern access to Charlies Creek
* Taylors Crossing ford (foot bridge is open)
* Macs Creek Rd

Other closures
* The top section of Riggall Spur Track between Echo Point Track and the junction with Gillios Track is closed until further notice.

rkinsey
21st February 2011, 04:18 PM
Crikey!!!.... The Hume Weir must have a lot of water in it for Corryong to have flood damage.

Sir Roofy
21st February 2011, 04:23 PM
You have been busy again bob,i also have parks and dse on my computer very handy tool

BillsGU
21st February 2011, 05:36 PM
RK - Corryong is nowhere near the Hume Weir !! You must have it mixed up with some other town.

Bob
21st February 2011, 07:28 PM
RK - Corryong is nowhere near the Hume Weir !! You must have it mixed up with some other town.

I think he was referring to this in the Post

East Alps (Omeo, Benambra, Corryong)

* Davies Plain Track including the southern access to Charlies Creek
* Taylors Crossing ford (foot bridge is open)
* Macs Creek Rd

duane1234
16th April 2011, 06:35 PM
its always good to check park conditions... went to the grampians 3ish weeks ago only to find that the whole park was shut. should of checked the website!!!

Sir Roofy
16th April 2011, 06:43 PM
I reckon that if you go thru a few posts u,ll find that has been mentioned
yes mate it always pays to look up the dse parks site or just ring them
have a good day

big_fletch
16th April 2011, 07:33 PM
Good post mate, Thanks for the info Bob, I'm sure members will find it useful

billy3752
18th April 2011, 06:35 PM
i just checked the road closures & can't get into King Basin Track, closed from Pineapple Flat to King Hut, so will have to work out a new route for Easter trek.

Bob
18th April 2011, 06:54 PM
That part of the King River last Easter was shoulder to shoulder. That will cause some confusion

katwoman
18th April 2011, 06:56 PM
Will all this water be a problem for Toolangi ?

Bob
18th April 2011, 07:24 PM
I think the Road closures in the King Basin Road will be because of Land Slips and closed to High Volume Traffic. Pity it is one of the Jewels of the High Country

Sir Roofy
18th April 2011, 07:26 PM
will all this water be a problem for toolangi ?

hopefully not kat we where up there a fortnite ago and all was fine then even tho it rained over nite

billy3752
18th April 2011, 08:32 PM
well now we have to change easter trip and queens b'day trip as they were both going thru King Basin rd. glad to find out now rather than friday afternoon infront of the sign

Bob
20th April 2011, 10:12 AM
Everybody planning a trip to the High Country should check with DSE and Parks Victoria re Road Closures as the heavy rains over the last 3 months has caused a few land slips and there are Roads up there that you dont want collapsing under you. Its a long way to the bottom and very abrupt stop when you get there.

mrcrazydude
20th April 2011, 08:39 PM
Bugger :-(
two of my best mates are down there right now, they're still having a lot of fun though from the infrequent contact I'm getting from them!

billy3752
26th April 2011, 08:43 AM
Carters Road was marked as closed (at road to Mt Buller). I can't confirm if it was unpassable as I did the right thing & didn't go up.
other roads in the area had signs saying they were closed, but alot of people have used them.