PDA

View Full Version : Camping spot just north of Newcastle.

Covo71
29th August 2014, 09:42 PM
Going on holidays in Coffs at the end of September. Can't wait to do some tracks up there. but driving from Bathurst and will need to stop for a night. Thinking just north of Newcastle somewhere. Bit far in one day with the two little blokes. Just one night but if any good might stay a couple of nights on the way back. Any recommendations?

NissanGQ4.2
29th August 2014, 10:09 PM
I would of said Stockton Beach but forgot they closed the camping grounds :(:(:(

Steve4wdin
30th August 2014, 06:52 AM
How about Karuah.?? There's some thing about the place. small, and highway has now bypassed it. I like the place. Right on the river heading down to Port Stephens.

macca
30th August 2014, 08:07 AM
There's a free camp site at Bulahdelah, now its bypassed it not so bad, right beside the river by the old bridge.
Your not off the highway very far at all, so wont lose any time as such.
Great little town too, pub, cafe's, bakery, fuel etc.

Also heading off the highway at the Tea Gardens / Hawks Nest turn you end up on Mungo Brush Road, some great camps there in the National Park on the lake. Then keep heading north across on the ferry and come back to the highway at Bulahdelah.

Covo71
30th August 2014, 04:55 PM
Thanks fellas, both look to be good so I will let the kids behaviour decide. Lol