PDA

View Full Version : Brown Davis Under Body Protection

sebfox
28th August 2014, 06:45 PM
Hi

I am looking at fitting a Brown Davis underguard as it seems to me that parts of the steering are vulnerable and are only protected by a plastic guard. I have attached a picture of the Brown Davis underguard and would be interested to know if anyone else is using this one or something thing similar and what their opinion on it is.

Thanks

Stropp
28th August 2014, 08:42 PM
Hi mate this is my superior engineering one. also have the harris hardcase diff protector.

Clunk
28th August 2014, 09:45 PM
There's a few guys on here that have the Harris Hardcase, there's a vendor thread on the forum with some pics if you want to take a gander

megatexture
29th August 2014, 01:12 AM
Mad if you don't!
pm mal he may have one left

Just make sure the bolts don't foul on the cross member.. It's all in the thread but mines held on with 4x12mm now lol

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?3470-HARDCASE4X4-Bolt-On-No-Weld-Armour/page43&highlight=Harris+hard+nose

sebfox
29th August 2014, 12:15 PM
Thanks for info, I defiantly like the diff guards all I need to do now is decide which underbody protection I want to go with. They all look good.
Cheers

FNQGU
29th August 2014, 02:35 PM
Superior now do a nice looking bolt-on diff guard as well. Very solid as you would expect.

threedogs
29th August 2014, 03:26 PM
I'll be going with the Brown Davis unit soon, give Kevin a bell,
they are very strong

sebfox
26th September 2014, 03:30 PM
Installed the Brown Davis bash plate. It's a bit of a pain to install and you may need to drill some holes in the chassis rails. A couple of holes are 19mm so $50 to buy the drill bit to do those ones! The unit is super strong and with its wedge shape I reckon it will do a very good job of protecting the steering components.

threedogs
26th September 2014, 03:44 PM
Looks great , mine is getting closer to the top of my list.
Now seeing yours I might get it sooner rather than later now
Thanks for the pics

paulyg
26th September 2014, 04:29 PM
Looks great, bit concerned about drilling 19mm holes in the chassis.