PDA

View Full Version : Car Shaking

judea05
20th February 2011, 09:38 PM
Hey guys,

Ive had my gq Patrol 4.2L Petrol/Gas for over a month now, its on 35s and never had a problem with shaking....
The past few days ive noticed when in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear above 2-2.5k rpm the car starts to shake and power feels sluggish.

Any ideas to what might be causing this??

Cheers

Finly Owner
20th February 2011, 10:22 PM
Does it feel more like in steering or driveline?

YNOT
20th February 2011, 10:29 PM
I'd be thinking a shake with accompanying power drop would be a miss fire caused by either a fuel or ignition problem, although I would expect it to happen in all gears.

Tony

judea05
20th February 2011, 10:40 PM
Hey mate,

Feels more like driveline....

last week it started hearing banging, pinging, dinging from the rear, i thought it was my diff, so i changed the diff oil.... and the noise stopped but the shaking and power shortage has started, also the clutch is heavy while under load ie going up a hill

So im just abit confused mate

judea05
20th February 2011, 10:42 PM
Hey tony,

Thanks for your reply... Would you think the problem may change if i run it on petrol?, as i just mainly run on gas

YNOT
20th February 2011, 10:44 PM
In that case I'd be changing the gearbox oil as well, and check the magnet on the drain plug for bits of metal.

Tony

YNOT
20th February 2011, 10:46 PM
Hey tony,

Thanks for your reply... Would you think the problem may change if i run it on petrol?, as i just mainly run on gas

If the cause is ignition then it will do it on either petrol or gas. If it comes good or changes when you switch to petrol then it's looking like a gas system fault.

Tony

judea05
20th February 2011, 10:51 PM
Thanks for your help tony :)

judea05
21st February 2011, 10:26 PM
If the cause is ignition then it will do it on either petrol or gas. If it comes good or changes when you switch to petrol then it's looking like a gas system fault.

Tony

Hey Tony,

I drove around today on petrol and the shakes still occured....

So you think its rather my ignition or gear box issues??

YNOT
22nd February 2011, 12:23 AM
Hard to say without driving it. Change the gearbox oil and see if that has any effect on it.

Tony

judea05
22nd February 2011, 02:22 PM
alright cheers thanks mate