PDA

View Full Version : Y62 Aux tank and spare

HuskyInAuz
25th August 2014, 08:01 PM
SWMBO wants a automatic but could be swayed so I have to ask a few upgrade questions.

Has anyone installed a replacement long range fuel tank in lieu of the spare, if so what was the cost?
Secondly, if you have then a spare would be carried.. on the rear which would require a replacement. Any costing on either a single or dual rear bumper replacement?

Thanks!

Winnie
25th August 2014, 08:41 PM
SWMBO wants a automatic but could be swayed so I have to ask a few upgrade questions.

Has anyone installed a replacement long range fuel tank in lieu of the spare, if so what was the cost?
Secondly, if you have then a spare would be carried.. on the rear which would require a replacement. Any costing on either a single or dual rear bumper replacement?

Thanks!

Raslarr Engineering have done rear bars for the Y62, not sure if they had swing away wheel carriers but he could do it easily. Probably roughly between 2500 and 3500 with the swing away?

happygu
25th August 2014, 11:06 PM
There are long range tanks available too .... Brown Davis is one ...... LRA would probably do one too although i havent checked

preacher
9th January 2015, 05:11 PM
Kmar rear bars are very cool

threedogs
9th January 2015, 05:18 PM
Rassler make an awesome bar for the rear of the Y62 and worth getting the extra open door open wheel option
They do a dual swing away and a quality bit of kit.
Give Kev a ring at Brown davis again quality gear

chuky
19th February 2015, 01:36 PM
Ive seen both. ARB Dandenong i think have the Rasslar bar, Kmar do one i think looks better. I got quoted $4k for rear bar with jerry and wheel on back. (not fitted)

gregs
25th February 2015, 11:11 AM
Here are some pics sent to me from Outback Accessories in WA. I am not affiliated with this company in any way, I just contacted them to see what they were doing and they sent me these pics, but they were also looking at doing a single over the bumper style rear wheel carrier and sliders and need a donor vehicle so if anyone over there wants to give Jessica Da Silva a call at Outback Accessories to see what can be arranged then give her a call on 08 9417 1588.

Rear Wheel Carrier
New Stylish Good Looks
Bumper replacement – Heavy duty
Accommodates reverse sensors and reverse camera
Suits up to 35” tyres. Compatible with Hayman Reece Towbar
Optional Double Jerry Can Holder Arm available
RRP Standard Dual Wheel Arm Carrier $3165

Battery Tray
Suits 10in OPTIMA D34 or a Century Marine Pro 550 Battery.
RRP $180

Long Range Fuel Tank 155 Litre Auxiliary Tank
Requires relocation of spare wheel.
No loss of Ground Clearance. Compatible with Hayman Reece Towbar.
RRP $1755

I would contact your local Opposite Lock store to find out the exact price for these items as freight will be a bit of a killer to get to us over here on the eastern side, and for fitting costs.

I don't have any of these items on our patrol so cannot comment on their quality.

threedogs
25th February 2015, 11:54 AM
Nice bar it looks similar to the Strong arm from over west.
great price as well.
Still think the Raslar is the one to beat regarding styling.
Uneek4x4 do a rear bar as well

Gu joe
3rd May 2015, 12:05 PM
hi im getting a browne davis 140l aux tank fitted next week ,2400 fitted ill post some pics when done.