PDA

View Full Version : King springs

gooch
19th August 2014, 12:38 PM
Anybody have 2inch king springs in there patrol. How do you rate them.

jay see
19th August 2014, 12:49 PM
I'm interested in this as well. Which part number ones are you looking at using.

gooch
19th August 2014, 02:04 PM
Ill post part numbers tonight

jack
19th August 2014, 02:35 PM
Hi gooch,

I've got them and very happy, check out this post http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?18232-OME-2inch-lift-price/page2&highlight=kings+springs for some previous discussion on them.

MudRunnerTD
19th August 2014, 02:53 PM
King springs are probably the most common spring used in the industry and you will find a number of brands are rebranded King springs. Kings make a number of brands under license too.

Drewboyaus
19th August 2014, 03:08 PM
Don't confuse having someone else re-sell their springs with making them FOR someone to that brands specification.
Just because they're made in the same factory doesn't mean that they're the same spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

MudRunnerTD
19th August 2014, 03:54 PM
Don't confuse having someone else re-sell their springs with making them FOR someone to that brands specification.
Just because they're made in the same factory doesn't mean that they're the same spring.

Yes that's what I said too Drew. Some are rebranded and others are made by kings under license to a specification.

Old Man Emu shocks are made by Munroe under license from ARB to ARB spec and design. You won't find a Monroe shock that is comparable to the OME though.

gooch
19th August 2014, 04:48 PM
I just received my springs they are as follows. Kdfr-40 front, kdrs-43 rears. I am led to believe that the rears r standard lwb springs or thereof. This achieves 2inchs in a swb and maintaining a soft setup. Correct me if im wrong, as I am still new to coil springs. Previously owned a leaf sprung hilux which I managed to setup to flex quite well. Ill post some pics

gooch
19th August 2014, 04:49 PM
My old rig which I miss :(

04OFF
19th August 2014, 06:30 PM
2 inch Kings, Best spings ive ever had in my troll

paulyg
19th August 2014, 07:21 PM
I have king springs and bilstein shocks, they are great, front KDFR- 42HHD Rear KDPR- 58LP, the fronts are the heaviest they make for a patrol, that's what they recommended, but they make the front stick up a little more than the rear which are 300kg progressive, the hd would have been enough, I just put a 15mm spacer in the rear and that levelled it up

gooch
19th August 2014, 08:03 PM
Spacers are cheap to buy. Ill keep that in mind if mine does that.

jay see
22nd August 2014, 10:17 PM
I have king springs and bilstein shocks, they are great, front KDFR- 42HHD Rear KDPR- 58LP, the fronts are the heaviest they make for a patrol, that's what they recommended, but they make the front stick up a little more than the rear which are 300kg progressive, the hd would have been enough, I just put a 15mm spacer in the rear and that levelled it up

Do you run the rubber insulators on the front.

paulyg
22nd August 2014, 11:38 PM
Yes just the standard front insulator.

macca
23rd August 2014, 07:03 AM

Been trying to get that across to mates for years, a bloke has some shizzen shocks, "made in the same factory as Tough Dog" he doesn't understand they are a totally different spec, that's why they are 1/2 the price!

I have had King springs in 2 vehicles from 2005, never had an issue with them. I would definitely be buying Kings again.

dads tractor
23rd November 2014, 06:00 PM
A lot of the AORC and off road racers swear by King Springs so that should tell us something .;)