PDA

View Full Version : types of solar panal

dakka1
17th August 2014, 11:20 AM
hey guys

a while back when I was looking into getting solar for camping I was told theres 2 types of solar panal. the blue panel and black panel.

I was told one needs the whole panel in the light as each solar plate is hooked in series and that the other type of panel it didn't matter if one square had shade it didn't shut out the whole panal as each square was hooked in parallel.

is this true and if so whats the best one to get the blue or black panel????

cheers guys

dakka1
17th August 2014, 11:28 AM
also im looking at getting an mppt regulator whats the diff between mppt and pwm???

Drewboyaus
17th August 2014, 11:50 AM
There has been much valuable discussion about the various types of solar panels and regulators in two or three different threads on here.
I suggest if you are chasing a quick answer using the search bar at the top right corner using search terms such as "solar regulator" or "solar panel" will turn up some of the outstanding input on this subject from the members here.......
When I get back to my computer later today, if you have had no luck, I'll post up a link to the various threads on the topic for you to review.
Cheers,
Drew.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

dakka1
17th August 2014, 12:10 PM
thanks mate ill give it a whirl. but could u please post up the threads for me to mate would be muchly appreciated. cheers bud

megatexture
17th August 2014, 11:48 PM
There has been lots on the regulators but I Can't say I can recall much discussion on the panels themselves, try the search bar If that fails google and search the differences between Monocrystalline and Polycrystalline panels but my preference is mono.

The black panel your referring to would be possibly be thin film solar panels

LoganHop
1st September 2014, 04:18 AM
hey guys

a while back when I was looking into getting solar for camping I was told theres 2 types of solar panal manufactured in solar panels factory (http://www.shinesolar.net/products/off-grid-poly-panels). the blue panel and black panel.

I was told one needs the whole panel in the light as each solar plate is hooked in series and that the other type of panel it didn't matter if one square had shade it didn't shut out the whole panal as each square was hooked in parallel.

is this true and if so whats the best one to get the blue or black panel????

cheers guys

Hello friend have you got the solar system? Even I am looking to get one so can you help me out?