PDA

View Full Version : Not Happy!!! (Snorkel)

Airstrike
20th February 2011, 03:05 AM
Well, finished work tonight to find that on my way home the car was farting and moaning so I pulled over thinking the box had fallen apart again. BUT when I investigated it I found that some one had infact slid a can down the Chrome snorkel (4 inch reverse snorkel with no filter). SO I am thinking about getting a metal mesh or tin/steel!?!?! made up and welded to the intake of the snorkel. Any ideas?? will this effect anythinhg serious.

Ryan

YNOT
20th February 2011, 08:12 AM
Use a coarse mesh like Safari have on their snorkel ram heads. A fine mesh will restrict airflow.

Tony

Bigrig
20th February 2011, 08:42 AM
Well, finished work tonight to find that on my way home the car was farting and moaning so I pulled over thinking the box had fallen apart again. BUT when I investigated it I found that some one had infact slid a can down the Chrome snorkel (4 inch reverse snorkel with no filter). SO I am thinking about getting a metal mesh or tin/steel!?!?! made up and welded to the intake of the snorkel. Any ideas?? will this effect anythinhg serious.

Ryan

It was bound to happen mate - a top looking snorkel, with a world full of d!ckheads .... A thicker mesh with wide openings (12mm diamond patten or something) would be fine - that bad boy sucks air in like no tomorrow, but as Tony said, don't go too fine.

cnw351
9th March 2011, 05:00 AM
I came back to rig when I was younger to find both fins on my surfboard snapped off. Yes there are many DH's out there. There the reason we need locks on our doors also.

Finly Owner
9th March 2011, 11:09 PM
Jealous pricks who blood suck the system dry and give nothing back but a trail of destruction and expell useless carbon dioxide.

Tim

Dhuck
9th March 2011, 11:12 PM
Jealous pricks who blood suck the system dry and give nothing back but a trail of destruction and expell useless carbon dioxide.

Tim

Well said Tim

growler2058
10th March 2011, 04:28 PM

Tim

We call em oxygen thiefs

Spock
10th March 2011, 06:15 PM

Tim

We call them Landcruiser drivers..... ROFLMAO.... Just kidding, please accept my apology Toyota owners.

Seriously, what you said.....+1

Airstrike
10th March 2011, 07:53 PM
Going to a truck exhaust place to have a head put on..... Bloody pub's

Black Rock
12th March 2011, 09:55 AM
The idea .. hmm .. what about the barbed wire :210:

sambar308
29th April 2011, 09:29 PM
i went to bunnings and got a ROUND stainless PLUMBING DRAIN GRATE cost around $15 fits just right. this reply might be abit late.

Bigrig
29th April 2011, 09:35 PM
i went to bunnings and got a ROUND stainless PLUMBING DRAIN GRATE cost around $15 fits just right. this reply might be abit late.

Bloody good idea ...

the ferret
29th April 2011, 09:56 PM
just drill a hole each side and fit a piece of m6 long thread trough it with a nut each side, you will then see a can hang'n out and it won't restrict the airflo. Wink wink!!

sambar308
30th April 2011, 07:58 PM
here are some photos of my snorkel, do you think that the drain grate would restrict airflow.

Bigrig
30th April 2011, 08:03 PM
here are some photos of my snorkel, do you think that the drain grate would restrict airflow.

Looks a bloody treat mate!! That steel drain grate works well also!!

AB
30th April 2011, 08:11 PM
I don't think it should restrict it much mate, looks bloody neat though!

Bigrig
30th April 2011, 08:21 PM
The only concern I'd have is it facing across the roof and not forwards - no air ram effect when off the accelerator, so it may restrict it a little - will be trial and error on that one I think mate!

growler2058
30th April 2011, 08:33 PM

It looks the goods but i rekon you may be restricting airflow by 50%??

the ferret
30th April 2011, 08:36 PM
Pretty cool Dude, I give it the nod!!