PDA

View Full Version : which maps?

deanfurley
11th August 2014, 03:47 PM
Okay gang,
I currently have the memory map NSW topo package, and I have just spent the weekend up at Barrington/Gloucester tops. I found my maps to be so far out of date.

so I'm looking for a solution. I do not have the 4wd Hema maps, which I can get for memory map for US$139 For all of them. Or there is mud map, now the "live" mupmap the one they call TheMap, looks interesting but I'm not really sure what I get for my $100

TheMap looks like a user generated map which should mean track clousers should be updared really fast, anyone had expericance with this?

MEGOMONSTER
11th August 2014, 04:24 PM
Okay gang, I currently have the memory map NSW topo package, and I have just spent the weekend up at Barrington/Gloucester tops. I found my maps to be so far out of date. so I'm looking for a solution. I do not have the 4wd Hema maps, which I can get for memory map for US$139 For all of them. Or there is mud map, now the "live" mupmap the one they call TheMap, looks interesting but I'm not really sure what I get for my $100 TheMap looks like a user generated map which should mean track clousers should be updared really fast, anyone had expericance with this?

MUDMAP are a vendor sponsor on this forum.
You can ask them questions almost directly and get the information you want.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/member.php?17333-MudMap

deanfurley
11th August 2014, 05:03 PM
Yeah but I kinda don't want the company line on it. I want real feed back, from the users

deanfurley
11th August 2014, 06:38 PM
So I was just looking on the memory map website, it looks like if I send my DVD's back to memory map, I can get an upgrade to the 2012 version for free. I was previously using a 2006 which which is apparently now 30years old.

megatexture
11th August 2014, 07:01 PM
Jesus mate, you would think they would have an online update available but a good outcome post up some feedback on the new maps when you get em if you can ;)

oncedisturbed
11th August 2014, 08:58 PM
Yeah but I kinda don't want the company line on it. I want real feed back, from the users

I am 1 of MUDMaps Beta testers and have been using it since it 1st came out several years ago.

MM has regular updates and also as you know has "The Map" which has a myriaf of input from everyday users via OSM and other mapping areas.

I suppose the biggest drawcard for it is it has turn by turn navigation and the ability to zoom in / out unlike other maps and providers.

You can get the same 1:250k maps that HEMA has amongst others and like HEMA / Memory Map, you can upload and convert other digital maps as well, not all will work due to various factors such as format and security features.

Having said that, I also use HEMA offroad as between them I can pretty much cover everything I need and top up street nav with Igo maps as well.

NP99
11th August 2014, 09:02 PM
If you own a navman have a look at their 4wd map offer, it's cheap, all details and what model applies etc from their web site.