PDA

View Full Version : ScanGauge2

Terry
19th February 2011, 04:38 PM
Does anybody know if the ScanGauge2 is ok to fit to a 1998 GU 2.8, I have checked their website but they dont list anything before 2006.

NissanGQ4.2
19th February 2011, 04:56 PM
As far as i know your rig would be an OBDII plug, so I see no reason it wouldn't work

I will do some more research into it shortly

Cheers ,Todd

Info from there website

Will the ScanGauge II work on my vehicle that was purchased outside of the US and Canada? The ScanGauge requires the vehicle to be either OBDII or EOBD compatible. In the US and Canada, cars and light trucks were required to be OBDII compatible starting in 1996. In Europe, EOBD was phased in between 2002 and 2004. Other parts of the world have required one of them starting in various years.
Many vehicles made and/or sold outside the US and Canada had one of the protocols before they were required in that country. This was to allow sales to other countries and because they knew they would eventually be required to meet the requirements and designed it in when they redesigned a particular model.
There is no comprehensive list of when particular vehicles began using OBDII or EOBD outside the US and Canada.

Maxhead
19th February 2011, 04:56 PM
Terry, the scangauge will not fit the 2.8 as its not obdII compliant but I believe ECUTalk will get you the same functionality. Some one may correct this.

http://www.ecutalk.com/

NissanGQ4.2
19th February 2011, 05:15 PM
ECUTALK is not OBDII but they do have an OBDII adaptor

Unfortunately I do not know what plug your Nissan has, but I thought OBDII became a standard in the industry around 1996.

From ECUTALK Website

The ECUTalk Consult LCD Display is a diagnostic and monitoring display for Nissan cars supporting the Consult diagnostic protocol. The display is ‘plug and play’ into the factory consult port (14 pin grey female connector located near the driver’s side fuse box, see picture below), or with an OBDII adaptor on a few vehicles (not for normal/actual OBDII vehicles). The Consult protocol itself supports operations such as reading sensor values, stored error codes, running active tests, or reading a specific RAM or ROM address in the car’s computer.

Maxhead
19th February 2011, 05:18 PM
The 2.8 GU and all pre 07 CRD models use the Nissan Consult proprietary protocol and ECUTalk will work

NissanGQ4.2
19th February 2011, 05:20 PM
The 2.8 GU and all pre 07 CRD models use the Nissan Consult proprietary protocol and ECUTalk will work

So you don't need an adapter then?

Terry
19th February 2011, 05:27 PM
Thanks NissPat,
Just checked out ecutalks website and that seems the way to go. Much appreciate the quick responses.

Maxhead
19th February 2011, 05:41 PM
So you don't need an adapter then?

No mate, plugs straight in

NissanGQ4.2
19th February 2011, 05:47 PM
No mate, plugs straight in

well i am very confused, but that's not hard 2 do.

Thanks for correcting me Kris

Maxhead
19th February 2011, 06:01 PM
well i am very confused, but that's not hard 2 do.

Thanks for correcting me Kris

All good mate :)

THe ECUtalk will be a plug straight in for Nissan vehicles with a consult port(14 pin grey female connector located near the driver’s side fuse box)

You'll need an adaptor for the very few Nissan vehicles with a OBDII plug
that are NOT really OBDII, but still original Consult:
Patrol/Navara/Terrano with TB45E or non-CRD ZD30
R50 Pathfinder with VG33E. Any other, contact us.
Wont work on REAL OBDII cars!

Dasha
19th February 2011, 10:04 PM
Terry - ECUTALK is a top piece of kit - been running it in my GU4 for about 6 months & am very happy with it. Peter (@ ECUTALK) is good to deal with and is quick to respond to any queries.