PDA

View Full Version : Swain Reefs

Sherro
5th August 2014, 07:57 PM
Just got back from fishing Swain Reefs on board MV Night Crossing what a top boat and crew. More food and fishing than you could poke a stick at and alcohol we took our own so there was no shortage there.:cheers: :1062:

Maxhead
5th August 2014, 08:02 PM
...and where's the fish pics..lol

That looks bloody amazing, who needs a cruise:)

Sherro
5th August 2014, 08:09 PM
We left Gladstone Saturday afternoon for the over night run out to start fishing Sunday morning and there were a few hang overs they threw dinner on as we left the dock so they could get all packed away before any rough stuff. The first night was prawns cold meat and salad. While we were out in the dories the crew got time to have a fish and they nailed a cobia and spanish mackerel for the sea food night what a feed.

Sherro
5th August 2014, 08:11 PM
...and where's the fish pics..lol

That looks bloody amazing, who needs a cruise:)

I'm getting there can't lay it out all in one hit.;)

MEGOMONSTER
5th August 2014, 08:12 PM
Must be good if his letting us hang.

Maxhead
5th August 2014, 08:13 PM
Must be good if his letting us hang.

Yep, working up to something HUGE...lol....those pics are making me hungry though:)

Sherro
5th August 2014, 08:23 PM
Ok haven't got any pics off the other boys yet thought i would throw some lures around before i got serious first up a grey mackerel fresh bait then the biggest rainbow runner the crew had seen.Thought it was a yellow tail king fought like one photo isn't the best phone wouldn't focus.The wind was between 10 and 20 knots all week think it brought the fish on.

Sherro
5th August 2014, 08:31 PM
Quite a few of these were spanish mackerel were landed late afternoon/early morning off the big boat. Unfortunately i got smoked by a few big ones float baits down for red throat emperor.

Sherro
5th August 2014, 08:38 PM
Even had a visit from the police. Apparently they were looking for a rogue trout boat.

Sherro
5th August 2014, 08:44 PM
Plenty of coral trout,red throat emperor, spangled emperor,red emperor and others came aboard kept the crew busy filleting and packaging.

Sherro
5th August 2014, 08:50 PM
Last day we all took a vote and decided to do some deep sea off the big boat got a big chinaman fish and the biggest coral trout of the trip.:jawdrop: :049:

NP99
5th August 2014, 09:01 PM
Are you guys out without a guide in the dorries?

Sherro
5th August 2014, 09:13 PM
Yep every time we pulled up to a new reef the skipper gave us a run down on what was where and let us go the dories have sounders and a vhf radio as well as other safety equipment and everyone stayed on sight of the mother ship.