PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Patrol Full Factory Original GQ Service Manual.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

AB
30th June 2010, 06:48 PM
Free download below for the original factory GQ Nissan Patrol Service Manual. Covers TB42 and TD42 engines.

***IF YOU HAVE JUST SIGNED UP TO GET THESE MANUALS THEN THATS GREAT BUT AT LEAST INTRODUCE YOURSELF AND SAY HI TO THE COMMUNITY FOR THIS***

MudRunnerTD
2nd July 2010, 06:15 PM
GOLD!!

This is a complete and full Factory Manual for the GQ. THis is NOT a cheapy Super Cheap or Gregories copy you get on ebay CD.

All 1038 pages of it!!

This is the one you have always wanted!!

Anyone that owns a GQ that does not down load this is a GOOSE.

3 Cheers for you Andy

Bloody Rippa mate.

AB
2nd July 2010, 07:26 PM
Cheers mate.

Funny story, the site went down today as we ran out of bandwidth memory after all these posts...haha

Its great news as obviously people want the manuals.

Just using us for the manuals. :)

GQ-Nut
12th July 2010, 09:38 PM
I didn't even notice this section.

Awesome find, thanks everyone involved.

:):):)

family 4bee
16th July 2010, 05:18 AM
Hi there. I am a newbie to this forum and gave an intro yesterday. I have a 97 GQ 2.8tdi and am trying to find a workshop manual for this engine. There appears to be plenty on the 3.0lt and the 4.2, but I am having a lot of trouble trying to find one for the 2.8tdi.
Can anybody help please?
Thanku very much
Neil

Muzza
18th July 2010, 06:55 PM
I'm not the worlds greatest mechanic but would'nt the same principals apply for the 3.0lt to the 2.8's?

patch697
20th July 2010, 02:23 PM
Hi there. I am a newbie to this forum and gave an intro yesterday. I have a 97 GQ 2.8tdi and am trying to find a workshop manual for this engine. There appears to be plenty on the 3.0lt and the 4.2, but I am having a lot of trouble trying to find one for the 2.8tdi.
Can anybody help please?
Thanku very much
Neil

This is a supplement to the factory service manual & Im on the hunt for you but so far I have only fond out how to buy them but I will keep looking.

Let us know if you find it yourself.

Cheers
Paul

family 4bee
23rd July 2010, 04:07 PM
Thanks guys. I am still looking also. I went to see the local Nissan dealer in Geelong, and all the guy could say was "Good Luck."
Cheers
Neil

AB
23rd July 2010, 07:22 PM
Must admit i spent a bit of time finding this too Neil but no luck.

Its out there, leave it with me.

Anyone else have any luck you would be a legend to let us know...lol

MudRunnerTD
11th August 2010, 06:07 PM
Any luck with the 2.8 suppliment? got a few people asking me if i can help them with this info?? and you guys are the brains trust so dont leave me hangin?? ;-)

patch697
11th August 2010, 11:22 PM
Any luck with the 2.8 suppliment? got a few people asking me if i can help them with this info?? and you guys are the brains trust so dont leave me hangin?? ;-)

LOL.... Me to??? I can buy it but am having a hard time finding a copy but im still on the job & will keep you posted.

darcyharper
13th August 2010, 12:54 PM
hey guys just got a new gu thanks for the manual

patch697
13th August 2010, 01:04 PM
hey guys just got a new gu thanks for the manual

Yeah thay are a big help ain't thay...........

If you have any questions post them up on the forum, there are plenty of ppl here who are more than willing to help.

Cheers
Paul

bengerman
19th August 2010, 02:04 PM
hi all,

yup,actually just signed up to download the manual as iīm dealing with the issue in the above post
just googled it and came up here

very cool forum, didnīt even know it existed

currently in remote NT aboriginal community with my 89 Safari

had a full swivel hub kit done before i came up here, noticed a knock in the front last week, wheel bearing loose...
...what the?
took hub off and sheīs full of oil....so yeah, axle seal at least

bit tricky fixing stuff like that up here
manual will help a lot, so thanks
cheers

AB
19th August 2010, 02:12 PM
No probs mate, if you cant work it out with the manual then just ask the question on the forum and someone might be able to help you mate.

Cheers.

patch697
19th August 2010, 03:59 PM
x2........... What he said.......... Cheers mate & thanks for the kind words

Trav_Patrol
7th September 2010, 04:53 PM
tried opening this and when it opens it tells me to go to a link to download full manual, the link doesn't work
any ideas??
cheers

Trav

AB
7th September 2010, 05:13 PM
Hi Trav, It should work fine.

The attachment on this forum is a page you open up which has a link to the manuals...

I'll send you a PM of the direct link and see how that goes.

Trav_Patrol
7th September 2010, 08:19 PM
yeah that worked a treat, thanks heaps AB

Hoges
17th September 2010, 09:18 PM
Does this manuel apply for a 4.2l diesel

locks
17th September 2010, 09:27 PM
Pretty sure this service manual covers diesel 4.2 Hoges.

Come introduce yourself in the intro part too Hoges.:)

XLR8
17th September 2010, 09:39 PM
would anyone have the supplement covering the auto trans to go with this manual? It is one of the hardest things to find, particularly the wiring diagram.

Cheers,
Mike

PS I also have the GU FSM on CD including all supplements (1-5) I'm pretty sure covers the 3.0CRD. Not sure how to upload it but can send a copy to someone more cluey if it could be of use

AB
17th September 2010, 09:48 PM
Hi mate, Someone gave me this which is the Nissan Patrol GQ automatic transmission wiring diagram.

Is this what your after?

Just yell out if you want it better quality mate.

I'll be keen for the CD you have. If your able to somehow email me the sections one by one to info@nissanpatrol.com.au that would be great.

If It's too hard or you get lost just let us know and Ill have to work something else out. Maybe I could wang you a few bucks to post a cd to my address, etc.

http://www.downunder4x4.net/holdswitch.jpg

AB
17th September 2010, 10:02 PM
would anyone have the supplement covering the auto trans to go with this manual? It is one of the hardest things to find, particularly the wiring diagram.
I never got the supplement though, if anyone else has this please let us know as it would be a huge help!

XLR8
17th September 2010, 10:05 PM
Thanks for that mate. I wil try splitting the CD but will get you to message me a postal addy aswell and I'll pop a copy in the post

XLR8
17th September 2010, 10:18 PM
email on the way. not sure if it will come through though.... 4.87MB

AB
17th September 2010, 10:40 PM
Nah I got it, Thanks for that mate, appreciate it!

Pm sending now...Cheers.

97GQ_LunchBox
20th September 2010, 05:55 PM
just wanted to say this is awesome thanks heaps hay

AB
20th September 2010, 08:29 PM
just wanted to say this is awesome thanks heaps hay

No probs mate, feel free to add your area in the members map section and join in the conversations mate.

Chops
2nd October 2010, 01:38 AM
Got the full 92 meg GQ Service Manual also covering the Auto Trans. Think its too big to upload here, but I will try.

Chops
2nd October 2010, 02:59 AM
Ok, I uploaded the GQ Service Manual to Rapidshare, so get in early before the link expires - 90.06mb

dq1
14th October 2010, 08:38 AM
hi just stumbled across this site, the manual download looks good, and will be handy as the old girl( 91 GQ) needs some repairs, thanks to all involved, it looks like a useful site and i am sure I will be back,cheers
Free download below for the original factory GQ Nissan Patrol Service Manual.

***IF YOU HAVE JUST SIGNED UP TO GET THESE MANUALS THEN THATS GREAT BUT AT LEAST INTRODUCE YOURSELF AND SAY HI TO THE COMMUNITY FOR THIS***

bsax
29th October 2010, 10:11 PM
cheers man, im sure i'll enjoy it when it actually allows me to read it >_<

gf0012-aust
8th November 2010, 07:00 PM
the rapidshare link is dead, could someone upload it to megaupload or filesonic etc - rapidshare had limits which the others don't. (eg rapidshare has time and download limits depending on original upload rules)

thanks in advance

NissanGQ4.2
8th November 2010, 07:09 PM
the rapidshare link is dead, could someone upload it to megaupload or filesonic etc - rapidshare had limits which the others don't

thanks in advance

you need to have 25 posts before you can download the manuals.

gf0012-aust
8th November 2010, 07:11 PM
you need to have 25 posts before you can download the manuals.

the error is on the rapidshare link, not from within the post. it appears to be the same rapidshare link on other GQ forums, so seems to be a rapidshare issue (??)

NissanGQ4.2
8th November 2010, 07:24 PM
the error is on the rapidshare link, not from within the post. it appears to be the same rapidshare link on other GQ forums, so seems to be a rapidshare issue (??)

yes it is also a rapidshare issue so to speak, it was posted on rapid share for a limited time by one of the members. The link has now expired. I'm will be having a chat with admin to see about it getting it uploaded again to rapidshare or something similar. Just bare with us. Please post an intro about yourself and your rig in the introduction thread if you haven't done so already. Also a suburb / location would be good as we have a google earth members map for members to view and see what members are in your area.

Cheers

Todd

gf0012-aust
8th November 2010, 07:28 PM
Thanks for the tip on details, will have a shot now

AB
8th November 2010, 10:21 PM
I'll try to get the manual and see if I can host it here or somewhere more reliable and secure.

NissanGQ4.2
12th November 2010, 07:12 PM
Ok, I uploaded the GQ Service Manual to Rapidshare, so get in early before the link expires - 90.06mb

http://rapidshare.com/files/422523170/GQServiceManual.zip

The above link has expired

Not sure how rapidshare works but if you have your 25 post try this link to download the service manual

the attachment is a pdf file, open the pdf file then click on the Nissan Patrol GQ Service Manual text and it should download the zip file which contains the Service manual

Hope that all made sense. PM me if you have any troubles downloading it

Cheers

Todd

AB
13th November 2010, 10:07 AM
Well done Todd, that works a treat!

NissanGQ4.2
13th November 2010, 11:56 AM
Well done Todd, that works a treat!

No worries mate, glad i could be of some assistance :)

YNOT
17th November 2010, 12:53 AM
It took me a few attempts but I've now down loaded the GQ manual, so I should be able to start helping people now!

Tony

paulzy924
20th November 2010, 09:55 PM
Cheers for this, bril

YNOT
20th November 2010, 09:58 PM
G'day Paul, you need 25 posts up before you get access to the manuals. Start by dropping by the introductions section and telling us a bit about yourself.

Tony

lthall
5th December 2010, 05:18 PM
Hmmm I don't know the wisdom of the 25 post thing. I don't think I have posted 25 posts on any forum. Seems like a good way to annoy people to me. Well, see my into in the forum into section..... if there is one....

Woof
5th December 2010, 06:05 PM
Hmmm I don't know the wisdom of the 25 post thing. I don't think I have posted 25 posts on any forum. Seems like a good way to annoy people to me. Well, see my into in the forum into section..... if there is one....

Well if you don't like the rules then why not go somewhere else, a lot of work by some of our members the get all this information together, the 25 post rule is to get to know the new members here not just the ones that use this forum for there own agenda.

AB
5th December 2010, 10:14 PM

Hi mate, the reason we have put this rule in as that a lot of people have worked hard (for no money) to build this forum up with passion to where it is now.

A lot of these manuals have taken months of searching to find and to ensure this forum keeps on trucking we need members to keep chatting, asking questions and solving problems.

So, thats the wisdom behind the scenes. We are a great a bunch of people here and hope after you reach your 25 post limit you realise that there are potential "friends" on here not just "another" forum.

Hope you enjoy it mate!

ripper
7th December 2010, 09:50 AM
I found your forum when using Google to look for an OWNERS manual for a GQ.
I already have a SERVICE manual.
Anyone know where I can download an owners manual?

bigboss
7th December 2010, 07:44 PM
So i need to post 25 times to get the manual?

Nanango
17th December 2010, 08:27 PM
Thanks AB. Finally got my 25 up and downloaded it. I could have done with it over the last couple of days but hey I have it now. Once again thanks
Rick

Dmitrijs_Riga
7th January 2011, 08:45 PM
Hi. Is it possible to have EL section of this manual more detailed? I mean right now It's hard to read it. Nothing can be seen. I have problems with my rear tail lights, blinkers, horns..most of the wires are rusted or corroded. And it would be great to know which cable goes.
Thank you, Dmitrijs

NissanGQ4.2
7th January 2011, 08:47 PM
Hi. Is it possible to have EL section of this manual more detailed? I mean right now It's hard to read it. Nothing can be seen. I have problems with my rear tail lights, blinkers, horns..most of the wires are rusted or corroded. And it would be great to know which cable goes.
Thank you, Dmitrijs

how did u download the manual without 25 posts???

Edit: I'm guessing u got the manual before the 25 post rule came in

Dmitrijs_Riga
7th January 2011, 08:57 PM
I think yes, I have downloaded it before 25 post rule came. So, can some one help ;)?

AB
10th January 2011, 11:38 AM
Thank you, Dmitrijs

I don't think I have the original manual as it was a massive file. I will check at home tonight and let you know.

Dmitrijs_Riga
11th January 2011, 07:15 PM
Hi AB, do you have something? Would be great to have part of this manual. I need full rebuilt of my electricity. :(

lotus
14th January 2011, 10:01 PM
well i got to my 25 posts in no time ... was fun actually!

it's a shame a good quality scanner wasn't used to scan the manual's pages [or less compression was used for the jpeg files] if that is the reason the manual text is so deteriated. much of the important numbers and fine print is illegible unfortunately. if there is a larger file [less compressed perhaps] i would be delighted to download it from somewhere ... or do a postal trade for a couple of my photography books if i could get in posted on CD/DVD!?

well you guys know pretty much everything about me now ... and have been very helpful in return. you're a good group of guys, and i'll certainly be popping back here for a check on y'all every now and then and to ask/answer any questions i can ... just not at the super-pace that i have over the last 24+ hours :thumbup:.

mike
14th January 2011, 11:29 PM
Hey Dmitrijs_Riga ive got a better scan of the EL section i can email you ,approx 10 Meg Cheers mike

starck
23rd January 2011, 08:26 AM
I don't think I have the original manual as it was a massive file. I will check at home tonight and let you know.

Hello AB. Great idea. Do not hesitate to give us a link to full version with better quality. Is GU possible to find in any other place on this forum?

starck
23rd January 2011, 08:29 AM
Sorry for silly question - I've already found it.

AB
23rd January 2011, 09:33 AM
Hey Dmitrijs_Riga ive got a better scan of the EL section i can email you ,approx 10 Meg Cheers mike

Hi Mike, if your still here I would love the good scan of the EL section, I can't seem to find my original manuals...

If you still have it could you please email it to info@nissanpatrol.com.au and I will put up a post of the good quality EL section.

Thanks mate!

bigboss
16th February 2011, 10:10 PM
How do i download this? it downsloads a pdf file with a link on it which goes nowhere? Cheers guys

Woof
16th February 2011, 10:15 PM
How do i download this? it downsloads a pdf file with a link on it which goes nowhere? Cheers guys

Hey Mick, this could be your problem mate http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?2871-Can-t-download-the-manuals&p=41754#post41754

AB
17th February 2011, 08:54 AM

Hi mate, sometimes it does that and Im not sure why.

The PDF file that you open up is a link to the manuals. Sometimes opening PDF files from a link doesnt work.

Have another shot anyway.

Silver
19th February 2011, 04:16 AM
thanks! Should be useful when I do the hubs and brakes

bigboss
20th February 2011, 12:33 AM
Is there an actual file i can download that is'nt a link to a site? My net is pretty average

AB
20th February 2011, 01:18 AM
Is there an actual file i can download that is'nt a link to a site? My net is pretty average

Hi mate, the attachment is just a document which is a link direct to the file.

It was the only way we can show access to the manuals on a forum...Sometimes it may not work, It's happened to me...Just click on the link again and usually it works the second or third time max.

AB
15th March 2011, 10:04 PM
The quality on this manual is a little poor, you can zoom in etc but the electrical diagrams are sometimes hard to understand.

I have the original manuals of everything on the forum apart from this one.

If anyone has the original GQ Factory service manual then please let me know so I can put a better copy up here for the members...Cheers!

NissanGQ4.2
16th March 2011, 12:16 PM
The quality on this manual is a little poor, you can zoom in etc but the electrical diagrams are sometimes hard to understand.

I have the original manuals of everything on the forum apart from this one.

If anyone has the original GQ Factory service manual then please let me know so I can put a better copy up here for the members...Cheers!

does this mean you have got the desktop back up and running and still can't find it???

AB
16th March 2011, 01:18 PM
does this mean you have got the desktop back up and running and still can't find it???

Thats correct mate, I just checked last night for you and I have every single bloody manual except this one...Ill double check again tonight but not good so far mate.

NissanGQ4.2
16th March 2011, 01:34 PM
Thats correct mate, I just checked last night for you and I have every single bloody manual except this one...Ill double check again tonight but not good so far mate.

forget work........... go home and double, triple, quad triple check , on second thought can you just keep looking 2 you find it even if your 100% its not there *L* how could someone lose the only original known 2 man!!! *L*

ambition
19th March 2011, 04:39 PM
Hi,

Was wondering if anyone can please tell me which engines are covered in this manual?

Thanks.

Eric

YNOT
19th March 2011, 04:48 PM
Hi,

Was wondering if anyone can please tell me which engines are covered in this manual?

Thanks.

Eric

TB42 and TD42.

Tony

AB
20th March 2011, 12:36 AM
Thanks to a fairly new member here we now have the full factory GQ manual in much better quality to give to the members.

This is ten times better then the fuzzy one we had originally. The EC section and diagrams are easily followed now and in good detail.

I have not reduced the quality at all so the file size is over 100mb. Please only download this if you need it!

I have also combined the files into one PDF document with the original index structure.

It also comes with the Special Equipment section which talks about PTO, Control Cables, Drive Shaft, Winch Assembly, Gear Box Assembly, Winch Drum, Free-Running Hub, Electric Winch and the Service Date and Specs.

Will be very handy for a lot of members including myself!

growler2058
21st March 2011, 05:01 PM
Thanks to a fairly new member here we now have the full factory GQ manual in much better quality to give to the members.

This is ten times better then the fuzzy one we had originally. The EC section and diagrams are easily followed now and in good detail.

I have not reduced the quality at all so the file size is over 100mb. Please only download this if you need it!

I have also combined the files into one PDF document with the original index structure.

It also comes with the Special Equipment section which talks about PTO, Control Cables, Drive Shaft, Winch Assembly, Gear Box Assembly, Winch Drum, Free-Running Hub, Electric Winch and the Service Date and Specs.

Will be very handy for a lot of members including myself!

Wher can i view this mate?

AB
21st March 2011, 05:20 PM
Wher can i view this mate?

Go to the very first post of this thread mate and you will see the PDf document which shows a link to the manual.

simongnz
22nd March 2011, 11:10 AM
Thanks for posting this - will come in very useful!

ripper
22nd March 2011, 12:10 PM
Andy can you please check the link in that pdf. For me it gives a, "Not Found on this Server" and a "404 error"
If I delete "Click" from the end of the URL and press enter, it then tries to load a PDF but after a while says it's either corrupted or not a PDF.

AB
22nd March 2011, 01:00 PM
Andy can you please check the link in that pdf. For me it gives a, "Not Found on this Server" and a "404 error"
If I delete "Click" from the end of the URL and press enter, it then tries to load a PDF but after a while says it's either corrupted or not a PDF.

Hi mate, it seems to work ok for me...It's a big file and takes a while...

Click on here -----------> http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?292-Nissan-Patrol-Full-Factory-Original-GQ-Service-Manual.

That will take you to the first post in this thread....Click on the attachment of that post which is a PDF document to show you another link to the manual....Once you click on that link it begins to download 106mb of the manual....Let it go for a while...Even when it finishes downloading just leave that window open until the manual pops up...

Let me know if it still doesnt work.

ripper
22nd March 2011, 02:00 PM
All sorted. For some reason it wouldn't work with FireFox but is all good with Internet Explorer. Thanks.

drewgarth
23rd March 2011, 09:10 AM
Looking forward to having posted 25 times. :)
Newbie here will introduce in other section

Silver
24th March 2011, 01:51 AM
A ripper, thanks!!!

I think the RA section might be in twice, then again I might have had twice as much red as I should have!

I'm still tracking down the manual that covers timing cover mounted vacuum pumps that came out on some TD42s :-)

Caspar
24th March 2011, 02:26 AM
Thank you for the service you guys provide. :)

Taz
29th March 2011, 06:28 PM
Cheers for the manual. Might have to spam to get it sooner though! 25 is a lot. Unless someone could send me section 9?

YNOT
29th March 2011, 06:31 PM
Cheers for the manual. Might have to spam to get it sooner though! 25 is a lot.

I wouldn't try doing that, you'll get banned before you get to 25!

Tony

AB
29th March 2011, 08:50 PM
Cheers for the manual. Might have to spam to get it sooner though! 25 is a lot. Unless someone could send me section 9?

Just join in the conversations Taz in a sensible way and you'll be fine...

You might even like the community and the friendship mate, you never know!

Woof
29th March 2011, 08:54 PM
Well that got me out of my box, watching and waiting now.

Super Safari
30th March 2011, 10:54 AM
can any one please send it to my email please ? bin-qatami@hotmail.com THANKS ALOTT NEED TO REPAIR SOME STUFF :(

Bigrig
30th March 2011, 11:13 AM
can any one please send it to my email please ? bin-qatami@hotmail.com THANKS ALOTT NEED TO REPAIR SOME STUFF :(

Just join in like you have been mate - crack 25 posts and download it from here. You never know, you might like the joint and end up a long term member!!!

AB
30th March 2011, 11:14 AM

You only need 25 posts to download the manual so introduce yourself, join in some conversations without spamming the site of rubbish and then you can download it.

growler2058
31st March 2011, 07:39 PM
:cheers:Hy AB that is absolute gold mate a BIG CHEERS

YNOT
1st April 2011, 06:57 AM
Thread cleaned up.

Tony

Taz
3rd April 2011, 03:20 PM
I wouldn't try doing that, you'll get banned before you get to 25!

Tony

Yeah was only kidding. Will find what I need after a bit of a search on here I'd imagine.

YNOT
3rd April 2011, 04:17 PM
Yeah was only kidding. Will find what I need after a bit of a search on here I'd imagine.

Good to hear. Just join in a few conversations, ask a few questions, you'll be up to 25 before you know it.

Tony

Ted
4th April 2011, 06:21 PM
thanks fella's, the original would be worth its weight in gold by now! :)

melts
7th April 2011, 02:19 PM
its great the manual is here, but I can't really fathom hiding it behind a 25 post restriction. if its purely a bandwidth problem i'll happily host it for you on one of my colo's, got plenty of resources spare...

I say that because I doubt I'll have the time to make 25 genuine posts, at least before the weekend when I'd like to be dealing with my GQ's exceptionally poor fuel economy, which is a bit of a shame. That said I'll no doubt lurk around this forum, if it has a reasonable tech section I can add to and a good WA section to keep me amused. I don't want to go on a posting spree to get the manual, even if its as rare as hens teeth on the internets.

AB
7th April 2011, 02:33 PM
its great the manual is here, but I can't really fathom hiding it behind a 25 post restriction. if its purely a bandwidth problem i'll happily host it for you on one of my colo's, got plenty of resources spare...

I say that because I doubt I'll have the time to make 25 genuine posts, at least before the weekend when I'd like to be dealing with my GQ's exceptionally poor fuel economy, which is a bit of a shame. That said I'll no doubt lurk around this forum, if it has a reasonable tech section I can add to and a good WA section to keep me amused. I don't want to go on a posting spree to get the manual, even if its as rare as hens teeth on the internets.

I wouldn't worry too much about it mate. It's due to the bandwidth cost on my side and to spark up conversations when this forum first started.

We are a friendly community mate, just introduce yourself, welcome some new members in, join in some general chats and you'll have 25 in no time at all.

I don't mind if you even welcome 25 members nicely and then your away mate!

melts
7th April 2011, 04:16 PM
haha I'll try, to be honest I help manage a forum set up around Nissans from the other end of the spectrum, and have a similar posts policy, but we lock out the for sale section, to prevent people from joining up to sell goods without getting to know them, the system isn't great but it helps.. Just every now and again you see 10 different threads hit by the one new user who's trying to get his count up to do something and well it just doesn't look good. So knowing that I don't want to hit 25 threads saying something meaningless for a post count :p

but in saying that I'm first poster in the WA parks/tracks sub-forum, yay for me :p

AB
7th April 2011, 04:21 PM
haha I'll try, to be honest I help manage a forum set up around Nissans from the other end of the spectrum, and have a similar posts policy, but we lock out the for sale section, to prevent people from joining up to sell goods without getting to know them, the system isn't great but it helps.. Just every now and again you see 10 different threads hit by the one new user who's trying to get his count up to do something and well it just doesn't look good. So knowing that I don't want to hit 25 threads saying something meaningless for a post count :p

but in saying that I'm first poster in the WA parks/tracks sub-forum, yay for me :p

Your doing fine mate, all good...Yeah you get those people from time to time who just wang up cr@p....As mentioned, just welcome some people genuinly join in some light hearted general chats, get the manual and hope to see you back on here afterwards and join in where you feel like it mate.

melts
11th April 2011, 10:56 PM
ah its just one of those things, time constraints and all, and then once in a while you get a night with the missus out so you can sit down and read a forum :P

shame i didn't have the manual before the weekend, but now i'll digest it all before i try retune the carby by ear and nose, and try and report back the results in my thread whining about the damn carby :P

Patrolute4x4
17th April 2011, 06:25 PM
Very useful

duane1234
18th April 2011, 01:52 PM
Hey guys is there any reason I can't download this I have made 25 posts?

AB
18th April 2011, 02:19 PM
Hey guys is there any reason I can't download this I have made 25 posts?

Hi Duane, you didnt confirm your email address when you signed up (the forum sends you an email which you need to confirm) and you were stuck in the "awaiting email confirmation" section.

All good, I just manually changed you over so your good to go now!

valtchanova
18th April 2011, 10:17 PM
Hi,
This manual is what brought me to this forum :) Me and little bro are stuck with repairing a 1992 4.2D Patrol. It's a splendid machine, war veteran from the Balkan conflicts. I was wondering if you have any opinion on the Nissan Patrol GQ Ford Maverick DA 1988-97 Haynes Manual?
Cheers for the wonderful upload!

Bigrig
18th April 2011, 10:21 PM
Hi,
This manual is what brought me to this forum :) Me and little bro are stuck with repairing a 1992 4.2D Patrol. It's a splendid machine, war veteran from the Balkan conflicts. I was wondering if you have any opinion on the Nissan Patrol GQ Ford Maverick DA 1988-97 Haynes Manual?

Hey mate - drop by the introductions section to introduce yourself and give us a bit of information about your truck. Heaps of people on here who should be able to offer good advice mate!! All the best.

AB
18th April 2011, 10:24 PM
Hi,

Welcome to the forum mate, I don't think the Haynes Manual has a lot of diagrams, etc but it depends on what extent your working on.

Why not post up an intro about yourself in the introductions section, show us your Patrol you and your bro are working on in the members rides section, welcome some other members, join in some general chats and after 25 posts you get access to download these manuals.

Make sure you come back if you get stuck on anything too mate and ask for help with anything!

Evil!
20th April 2011, 11:48 PM
let me think 23 more posts to go and ill be able to bask in the fruits off what was it 1000+ pages of reading material

cant wait guys remind me about it if i forget once i get past the limit lol
this thing could come in very handy for me seeing my truck always has a issue of some kind argh the joys of buying someone else reject :)

Silver
21st April 2011, 01:36 AM
let me think 23 more posts to go and ill be able to bask in the fruits off what was it 1000+ pages of reading material

cant wait guys remind me about it if i forget once i get past the limit lol
this thing could come in very handy for me seeing my truck always has a issue of some kind argh the joys of buying someone else reject :)

G'day Evil, it seems from your excellent taste as reflected in your choice of late 80's GQ, and your question re dissy wiring, that you won't have too much trouble making 25 good posts. Keep them a bit relevant and sensible as one bloke is running all this with a few volunteer mods and admins, and a few people (not me) have gone to some trouble to get those manuals. there is something about bandwidth which is a bit beyond me too.

I reckon if you scout around in the new posts, for instance, you could probably find some issues that other people are thinking about or dealing with where you could add some value. likewise in the intros. Have fun!!

NissanGQ4.2
21st April 2011, 07:15 PM
Well said Silver :)

outlander
5th May 2011, 06:47 PM
Hi, glad i found you guys! This is a big help for me. Thanks

miner
9th May 2011, 04:23 PM
Free download below for the original factory GQ Nissan Patrol Service Manual. Covers TB42 and TD42 engines.

Hiya,,Miner here,,, just signed in and down loaded the td42 manual, but only recieved the cover page to the manual,,? not a real computor wiss but I did follow the prompts?? need some help pls

Bigrig
9th May 2011, 04:42 PM
Hiya,,Miner here,,, just signed in and down loaded the td42 manual, but only recieved the cover page to the manual,,? not a real computor wiss but I did follow the prompts?? need some help pls

Hey mate

Welcome aboard - we ask that everyone place up a quick intro in the introductions section telling us a bit about yourself and your rig. Just a courtesy thing so everyone knows who you are - no harm done at all.

Usually you have to do 25 posts to get the manuals and again it is asked that they be something worthwhile and not just spam that everyone else has to read (or you'll just end up being removed) - the posts get up quick by joining in the chats mate!!!

Let us know if we can assist with anything else!!
Cheers
Scotty

AB
9th May 2011, 05:21 PM

Scotty, we took that 25 post rule off so he should be ok.

Welcome to the forum mate, when you downloaded the attachment was it just a page saying click here to download the manual or was it just the front page of the actual GQ manual?

Did you scroll down with your mouse to see if there were other pages on there too? I know it sounds basic but you might have not scrolled down the page which will open up other pages after that...

growler2058
9th May 2011, 05:29 PM

Gday mate this is a large doc and can take a while to download

Bigrig
9th May 2011, 05:51 PM
Scotty, we took that 25 post rule off so he should be ok.

Welcome to the forum mate, when you downloaded the attachment was it just a page saying click here to download the manual or was it just the front page of the actual GQ manual?

Did you scroll down with your mouse to see if there were other pages on there too? I know it sounds basic but you might have not scrolled down the page which will open up other pages after that...

Again? I really need to get with the program hey? LOL ... first strike in the mod role!!!

NissanGQ4.2
9th May 2011, 06:07 PM
Again? I really need to get with the program hey? LOL ... first strike in the mod role!!!

yeh i missed this one 2, does this mean there on the new server now Andy???

katwoman
9th May 2011, 06:07 PM

When I downloaded the GU manual, it was the same. Then click on that page and it takes you to the rest of the manual..

katwoman
9th May 2011, 06:08 PM
I didnt even know you were a mod till this morning !

Bigrig
9th May 2011, 06:15 PM
I didnt even know you were a mod till this morning !

I haven't had much of a chance to wield my super powers yet ... that's why ... apparently the cape is in the mail according to AB!!! lmfao

AB
9th May 2011, 09:25 PM
yeh i missed this one 2, does this mean there on the new server now Andy???

Yes mate, most of the manuals are on the new server now so it should speed things up here and less stress on the no 25 post rule.

maverick1
10th May 2011, 08:30 PM
Hey everyone,
So appreciative for this forum. I have a maverick (gq), and the info on here is invaluable. So thanks heaps to all you who do the hard yards and keep it going!

AB
10th May 2011, 08:32 PM
Hey everyone,
So appreciative for this forum. I have a maverick (gq), and the info on here is invaluable. So thanks heaps to all you who do the hard yards and keep it going!

Welcome to the forum mate, please post up an intro about your Mav and yourself in the introductions section, ask any questions you have and join in the conversations.

Cheers for the feedback too!!!

69darocket
11th May 2011, 07:38 PM
you deserve a big wet kiss ! thanks heaps. have th cd version but it's so much easier using the find option. thanks heaps. need anything let us know and i'll see what i can swing your way ok

NissanGQ4.2
11th May 2011, 07:56 PM
you deserve a big wet kiss ! thanks heaps. have th cd version but it's so much easier using the find option. thanks heaps. need anything let us know and i'll see what i can swing your way ok

I need 5g so i can buy a new GQ, how much can u swing my way??? *L*

AB
11th May 2011, 08:02 PM
Good to hear mate, spread the love I say!!!

rradian
18th May 2011, 06:10 PM
Hello I`m looking for manual for RD28T `94 without intercooler. Could You provide me this manual.

Rad

diosky
22nd May 2011, 09:53 AM
been looking for this manual for a long time.

AB
22nd May 2011, 09:57 AM
been looking for this manual for a long time.

Good to hear mate, post up an intro about yourself and your rig too in the introductions section and ask any questions mate.

Wilba
31st May 2011, 10:29 PM
Looking forward to utilizing this manual to investigate my RD28T glow plug problem, and in turn let others know of my results.

Bigrig
31st May 2011, 10:34 PM
Looking forward to utilizing this manual to investigate my RD28T glow plug problem, and in turn let others know of my results.

Good luck with it mate - do let us know how you go!

Peter Kalamaras
8th June 2011, 02:13 AM
hi All,
could someone please help me, i cannot find the section for downloading the manual, is it a link or ?

YNOT
8th June 2011, 07:18 AM
hi All,
could someone please help me, i cannot find the section for downloading the manual, is it a link or ?

It's in the first post in this thread (for the GQ manual).

Tony

Peter Kalamaras
8th June 2011, 07:28 PM
Hey Tony,
Thanks for the prompt reply, could you please help with some more details as im not too good on the computer.sorry to be a pain
Thanks PK

AB
8th June 2011, 07:45 PM
Hi PK, click this link below and then click the attachment on the first post...

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?292-Nissan-Patrol-Full-Factory-Original-GQ-Service-Manual.

Woof
8th June 2011, 07:51 PM
Well believe it or not but I finally just downloaded the manual (AB told me that I had to get 2,790 posts before I could download it) now I have got it I can give this forum the flick. LOL

YNOT
8th June 2011, 09:12 PM
Hey Tony,
Thanks for the prompt reply, could you please help with some more details as im not too good on the computer.sorry to be a pain
Thanks PK

If you click on the link (in blue) in AB's post it will take you to where you need to be.

If you need any more help finding your way around the forum please don't hesitate to ask, we're here to help. If you don't want to ask publically you can send myself or any of the other regulars a private message by right clicking on our user name in any thread, then left clicking on "send private message".

Tony

AB
8th June 2011, 09:50 PM
Well believe it or not but I finally just downloaded the manual (AB told me that I had to get 2,790 posts before I could download it) now I have got it I can give this forum the flick. LOL

Not sure about this guy...LMAO

patch697
8th June 2011, 10:23 PM
Not sure about this guy...LMAO

Agreed old mate...... So should I ban him?????? He's post count is a bit lame......LMFAO

maverick da mud beast
9th June 2011, 07:17 PM
hey guys i swaped my motor coz blew the first tb42 up i put another 1 in but my mate disconnected the fuel pump any1 have an idea wat fuel line goes where cheers dale

Bigrig
9th June 2011, 07:25 PM
hey guys i swaped my motor coz blew the first tb42 up i put another 1 in but my mate disconnected the fuel pump any1 have an idea wat fuel line goes where cheers dale

G'day Dale - glad to have you on board mate, but could you slip over to the introductions section and just tell us a bit about yourself and your rig. No harm done mate, just a courtesy thing we ask so we all know who we're dealing with.

You might want to open a new thread under mechanical for this one as not everyone reads the manual thread as it is usually just used by people saying thanks for the download etc.

Anyway - welcome aboard mate, and get into it to get the most out of it!!

Enjoy!!

Peter Kalamaras
9th June 2011, 11:08 PM
Hey mate tried it but i think my mac might not be allowing me to get to the server.It seems a bit weird, can you suggest anything else?

Bigrig
9th June 2011, 11:10 PM
Hey mate tried it but i think my mac might not be allowing me to get to the server.It seems a bit weird, can you suggest anything else?

Anyone downloaded the manuals on a Mac?? I've eaten a couple of big ones whilst reading the manual, but never used one to download it!!! lmao

Hopefully someone will be able to help mate!!

Peter Kalamaras
9th June 2011, 11:16 PM
Cool, would you like fries with that?
Thanks mate

AB
10th June 2011, 09:19 AM
Hi Peter, I don't think it would make a difference with Mac or PC...

What does the error say when you click on the link to download it?

NissanGQ4.2
10th June 2011, 06:49 PM
Hi Peter, Don't think it would matter it it was downloaded on a mac. But personally i would throw the mac out anyway *L*

Can you download the 1st PDF, But not the second PDF ( the manual )???

I just tried it and the link works, but is taking is sweet time 2 download, seemed like the first five minutes it wasn't doing anything then slowly it started 2 download. Also seem to go fast for a few secs then slow then fast then slow.....etc....

If that still doesn't work try this link, Its my link on Rapidshare, unfortunately i don't have a paid account, so is on the slow side, but is quicker than the other link at the moment

Cheers

Todd

Peter Kalamaras
10th June 2011, 10:54 PM
It worked mate thanks so much and thanks to everyone else who helped, Talk soon
PK

NissanGQ4.2
11th June 2011, 07:24 AM
did admin or mods take my links down in my last post or did i just not put them in?????

Bigrig
11th June 2011, 08:46 AM
did admin or mods take my links down in my last post or did i just not put them in?????

Not me ... I started reading and thinking "I should delete these just for sh!ts and giggles" .. but alas .. I did not! lmao

Didn't even see the links mate, truth be told - I was barely on last night ...

AB
11th June 2011, 09:15 AM

Hi mate, yeah I took them out.

We still want people to sign up to get the manuals and I'm trying not to let those URLS get pasted all over the internet so the guy who is hosting them for us doesnt get punished with a million downloads, etc.

Sorry mate, I should have PM'd ya...lol

NissanGQ4.2
11th June 2011, 09:52 AM
Hi mate, yeah I took them out.

We still want people to sign up to get the manuals and I'm trying not to let those URLS get pasted all over the internet so the guy who is hosting them for us doesnt get punished with a million downloads, etc.

Sorry mate, I should have PM'd ya...lol

Sorry Andy, didn't even think without the 25 post rule applying that none members couldn't download the pdf 2 get the manual, I should of asked first. Was 2 focused on why Peter couldn't access the manual on his mac

Me bad.

Thanks boss 4 removing them :)

growler2058
11th June 2011, 09:59 AM
Sorry Andy, didn't even think without the 25 post rule applying that none members couldn't download the pdf 2 get the manual, I should of asked first. Was 2 focused on why Peter couldn't access the manual on his mac

Me bad.

Thanks boss 4 removing them :)

I think you'd better sit in the corner and face the wall Todd tut tut tut

NissanGQ4.2
11th June 2011, 10:02 AM
I think you'd better sit in the corner and face the wall Todd tut tut tut

hahahahaha.......yeh that's probable a good idea *L*

GedB
15th June 2011, 12:58 PM
The manual is exactly what I need. I have a GQ with 325,000klms & have just struck my first problem with the engine warning light. Could be that I have used E10 for the first time.

AB
15th June 2011, 01:10 PM
The manual is exactly what I need. I have a GQ with 325,000klms & have just struck my first problem with the engine warning light. Could be that I have used E10 for the first time.

Welcome to the forum mate, glad you found us.

Don't forget to put an intro about yourself and yoru rig in the introductions section and feel free to ask any questions mate.

NissanGQ4.2
15th June 2011, 06:08 PM

I have used E10 since it was introduced and never had a problem with the engine warning light

04OFF
16th June 2011, 12:33 PM

In some cars/situations the E10, due to its chemical make up, does not get combusted 100%, the left over fuel residue goes out the exhaust, and gets collected by the Catalytic Convertor, where it can slowly burn and destroy/block a Ceramic Cat in no time.

Later model cars designed to run E10 have metal core cats ,not the older ceramic type, cats with higher CPI (cells per sq inch) can be more susceptible to blockage.

Id stick to regular unleaded (what you car was designed to run on) :)

Check for a blocked Catalytic Converter, an easy way is, if you can unbolt the exhaust before the Cat to relieve the exhaust gas, then see if engine will rev or gets more power back.

If the Cat is the problem, the blocked exhaust will most likey have triggered a faulty O2 sensor/engine check light.

Crowman23
20th June 2011, 02:13 PM
Howdy Ive tried opening the Manual byt all I can do is get to a page that says

Click below to download the GQ Nissan Patrol service manual

LINK REMOVED BY AB

but nothing happens?

growler2058
20th June 2011, 02:14 PM
its quite a large file so may take a liltl bit of time to download mate :-0

AB
20th June 2011, 02:52 PM
Howdy Ive tried opening the Manual byt all I can do is get to a page that says

Click below to download the GQ Nissan Patrol service manual

LINK REMOVED BY AB

but nothing happens?

Hi mate, I just removed that link so only members who sign up have access to it.

The file is 109mb but if you click on it, then it will be a blank page and can take some time to download depending on how fast your internet is.

You should be able to see at the bottom left of the page the status of it downloading....Example: 2mb of 109mb, etc...

GaryHub
22nd June 2011, 12:24 AM
i have tried to open the link for the patrol manual but it does not open help!

ripper
22nd June 2011, 02:17 AM
When I tried it, the link address ended in .pdfClick
That wouldn't work, so I deleted the "Click" part and then it worked.

Gmonster
22nd June 2011, 09:22 AM
Hello all.New to the site. Needed to poach a pdf manual to remedy the squeeking in my hubs. 1994 autech turbo.
See you in future posts

growler2058
22nd June 2011, 09:44 AM
Gday mate welcome aboard theyre a good mob here full of useful info and advice

Crowman23
22nd June 2011, 01:00 PM
Opps yeah I'm Bad Thanks AB

simshazz
24th June 2011, 05:24 PM
Hi I have got a copy of a gregory's type supplement for the 2.8 GQ, It's about 60 meg if someone could let me know where to upload it for the rest of the members.

AB
25th June 2011, 08:47 AM
Hi mate, thanks for the offer...I will need to somehow get it off you and then I'll upload it to the forum for everyone...Appreciate you help!

Do you know how to use rapidshare or dropbox?

Eisa AlQubaisi
2nd July 2011, 08:50 AM
Hi,

Does it cover TB42E

rradian
5th July 2011, 06:52 AM
Hi I have got a copy of a gregory's type supplement for the 2.8 GQ, It's about 60 meg if someone could let me know where to upload it for the rest of the members.

Simshazz Did you upload somehere this suplement?

Rad

YNOT
5th July 2011, 07:12 AM
Simshazz Did you upload somehere this suplement?

Rad

Yes he did, you can find it here; http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?4848-2.8-TD-Supplement

Tony

simshazz
7th July 2011, 01:17 PM
Hi,

Does it cover TB42E

No the supplement only covers diesel 4.2 and 2.8

NZ 92 SAFARI
7th July 2011, 04:46 PM
Thanks very very very very much ab... Have been looking for a manual for about 2yrs now
john from the wonderfully wet nz... Don't have any sand here apart from the beach's
having a few probs with my wonderful 92 lwb hi roof
hoping i can find out the probs with the manual

NissanGQ4.2
7th July 2011, 05:17 PM
Thanks very very very very much ab... Have been looking for a manual for about 2yrs now
john from the wonderfully wet nz... Don't have any sand here apart from the beach's
having a few probs with my wonderful 92 lwb hi roof
hoping i can find out the probs with the manual

Welcome 2 the forum John, when you get a chance post up an intro about yourself and your rig in the intro section, then drop past the members map thread and leave your location so I can add you 2 the members map.

Cheers

Todd

nazrulgem
10th July 2011, 10:33 PM
thank you very much.............................................. .......

patch697
10th July 2011, 10:37 PM
thank you very much.............................................. .......

Your welcome mate & im glad we could help.

If you need any help with anything just jump on the forum & ask away.... We're a friendly bunch & are always happy to help our fellow Patrolers.

Pete78
11th July 2011, 10:19 AM
Hi guys im new to all this forum stuff ive just bought a 89 mav tb42 bout to dl the workshop manual thanx heaps guys

patch697
11th July 2011, 10:47 AM
Hi guys im new to all this forum stuff ive just bought a 89 mav tb42 bout to dl the workshop manual thanx heaps guys

Welcome aboard Pete & great choice mate. (love the GQ's)

You'll find loads of info here mate & a great friendly bunch who are always happy to help with any questions you may have.

This forum will be a great way for you to learn about your Patrol & about 4x4ing in general so feel free to join in & I hope you enjoy it.

P.s. Pop onto our introductions section here: http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?2-Introductions

& tell us a little about yourself & your new Rig mate & if you need any help using the forum, all you need do is ask & someone will answer.

All the Best
Paul

Patrol 82
12th July 2011, 07:21 PM
ThaaaaaaaaaanX

NissanGQ4.2
12th July 2011, 07:25 PM
ThaaaaaaaaaanX

Your welcome

Pop over 2 our introductions section here: http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...-Introductions (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?2-Introductions)

& tell us a little about yourself & your Rig, if you need any help using the forum, all you need do is ask & someone will answer.

blueej
12th July 2011, 10:46 PM
god on ya ab bluddy ripper

Tyson64
30th July 2011, 01:53 AM

Thanks AB. This is a very helpful site....

AB
30th July 2011, 07:40 PM
Thanks AB. This is a very helpful site....

Glad to hear mate, thanks for the feedback!

Don't forget to post up an intro mate and feel free to ask any questions.

Phil21
14th August 2011, 05:00 PM
Fantastic Manual, Many Thanks

MudRunnerTD
17th August 2011, 10:47 AM
Fantastic Manual, Many Thanks

your welcome mate.

adrian
20th August 2011, 12:28 PM
beautiful, love it

fat pete
2nd September 2011, 12:58 PM
just wondering if this manual covers the 1990 gq rb30motor at all??great site you got here thanks for that mate

AB
2nd September 2011, 01:16 PM
just wondering if this manual covers the 1990 gq rb30motor at all??great site you got here thanks for that mate

Unfortunately mate, engine wise there is not much in there (if any) for the RB30's.

I thought we had another manual somewhere for them, I'll have a looksie!

fat pete
2nd September 2011, 02:35 PM
thanks on that AB,youd think thered be somethn for em ay?

AB
2nd September 2011, 02:42 PM
thanks on that AB,youd think thered be somethn for em ay?

Tony is good with what manuals have what so if he sees this he may be able to help.

Just welcome some new members mate to get to 25 and download the manuals to have a look. I'm sure we have something somewhere...haha

fat pete
2nd September 2011, 02:58 PM
yes im workn on that,,actually theres a bit about the rb30 in the workshop manual download section if you know what i mean..

Bazza1972
3rd September 2011, 08:35 AM
Chhers mate much needed

Arman
3rd September 2011, 11:48 PM
This is so big,no sort version???

Arman
4th September 2011, 03:16 AM
Bro is it for turbo or N/A td42???

AB
4th September 2011, 08:13 AM
Bro is it for turbo or N/A td42???

Should cover both mate.

Patrol Tico
4th September 2011, 10:28 AM
I really want to get this one! hopefully I will be getting it soon. Cheers.

flex82
13th September 2011, 01:20 PM
would love a download

AB
13th September 2011, 01:50 PM
would love a download

If you need the manuals in a hurry mate just simply welcome some new members to get to your 25 posts and we hope you come back and join in the community!

RustyR
14th September 2011, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the GQ Manual. You are doing a great job.
Looking thru the manual I noticed a section on a PTO winch.
I did not think that a PTO could be fitted to the GQ.
Which model would this have been for?

AB
14th September 2011, 12:37 PM
Thanks Rusty, I remember seeing that in here too somewhere.

No idea mate, hopefully someone might know and let us both know.

Feel free to put up a post about it if no one gets back to us...

advarp
16th September 2011, 12:58 PM
GDay all, didn;t know of this forum...dunno how good the manual is, I have to make some more posts I guess...

Woof
16th September 2011, 01:13 PM
GDay all, didn;t know of this forum...dunno how good the manual is, I have to make some more posts I guess...

Hey mate start by posting up an introduction and take it from there.

Maxhead
16th September 2011, 01:14 PM

The manuals are good mate.

Just jump in introduce yourself and join in the conversation and before you know it you'll have the manual.

Welcome mate

fredbare
17th September 2011, 09:39 PM
Hi FREDbare
Fantastic site and info cheers

NissanGQ4.2
18th September 2011, 07:31 AM
Hi FREDbare
Fantastic site and info cheers
Welcome 2 the forum fredbare, pop over 2 the intro section and introduce urself when u get a chance.

Enjoy the forum mate

Cheers

Todd

Hawk82
20th September 2011, 04:44 PM
yeah Im after the manual aswell ;)
But anyway, its good to know some people here with the same interest in Patrols.
Its just a great car, just got mine about 2 weeks ago and I need to do some fixing obviously.
Can anyone probably tell me what the difference between the trailing arm and the control arm is?
Maybe with a foto, as I need to get new front trailing arm bushes for the roady and Im not
quite sure how to get my hands on these. I found a place where they want to have 40$ each.
Quite expensive isnīt it? Anyone knows a good place around Melbourne where u can get em cheap?

cheers

Ivo

growler2058
20th September 2011, 04:46 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta good mob here full of great info and advice

YNOT
21st September 2011, 10:04 PM
yeah Im after the manual aswell ;)
But anyway, its good to know some people here with the same interest in Patrols.
Its just a great car, just got mine about 2 weeks ago and I need to do some fixing obviously.
Can anyone probably tell me what the difference between the trailing arm and the control arm is?Maybe with a foto, as I need to get new front trailing arm bushes for the roady and Im not
quite sure how to get my hands on these. I found a place where they want to have 40$ each.
Quite expensive isnīt it? Anyone knows a good place around Melbourne where u can get em cheap?

cheers

Ivo

Control arms are the arms that locate the diff to the chassis. The arms to the rear diff are sometimes referred to as trailing arms (they trail from the chassis to the diff) and the arms that locate the front diff are referred to as radius arms.
$40 each is about standard and it is probably also worthwhile replacing the bushes at the chassis end of the radius arms at the same time. Stick with rubber bushes as they will allow more suspension flex than the harder urethane type bushes.

Tony

Air Pedro
24th September 2011, 05:05 AM
Hi everyone, newcomer living on the island of Roatan, Honduras who was looking for a wiring diagram for a 2000 Nissan Patrol. I'm trying to install a car alarm and unsure if my Patrol has a negative trigger or positive trigger system on the door locks. I'm also unsure of where to find the wiring for the door locks, didn't know if the manual would have that info.

MudRunnerTD
24th September 2011, 01:56 PM
Hi everyone, newcomer living on the island of Roatan, Honduras who was looking for a wiring diagram for a 2000 Nissan Patrol. I'm trying to install a car alarm and unsure if my Patrol has a negative trigger or positive trigger system on the door locks. I'm also unsure of where to find the wiring for the door locks, didn't know if the manual would have that info.

Hi Pedro, Welcome to the forum mate, jump over and post an intro thread in the introduction section and have a look around. The Manual hosted here for download are the complete 1200+ page factory manuals and there is more than 1! most of the available supplements are also available for download once you have contributed 25 posts to the site.

The Manuals here are NOT the Hayse style owners manuals. You will get Full wiring, mechanical,, maintenance, Factory Manuals is what is available here!!! The Cost$$$$? just a few contributions to threads my friend.

Enjoy.

spoty_4
8th October 2011, 05:57 PM
Hi Team

I am new to this forum (saw the manual and thought this is the forum to be on) could someone please point me in the right direction for introduction ect?
Thanks

patch697
8th October 2011, 06:30 PM
Hi Team

I am new to this forum (saw the manual and thought this is the forum to be on) could someone please point me in the right direction for introduction ect?
Thanks

Welcome aboard mate.

Post you intro up here: http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?2-Introductions

Then join in & enjoy yourself.

ripper
8th October 2011, 06:31 PM
Here you go nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/Introductions (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?2-Introductions) it's at the top of the forum home page.

EDIT: Beaten to it :-)

SkeeveC
2nd November 2011, 11:11 PM
Hey thanks for posting these manuals. I'm a newbie to the forum and also a new owner of an '89 GQ so I was really glad to find you had manuals available as I may need to replace the radiator. Happy Trails!

YNOT
2nd November 2011, 11:14 PM
Hey thanks for posting these manuals. I'm a newbie to the forum and also a new owner of an '89 GQ so I was really glad to find you had manuals available as I may need to replace the radiator. Happy Trails!

Welcome to the forum mate.
You need 25 posts up to get access to the manuals so join in a few conversations, post an introduction telling us a bit about yourself and your Patrol etc and you'll blast through those next 24 posts before you know it.

Tony

Tekker
17th November 2011, 02:18 AM
hope this is the guide I need ...
thanks !

spkool
21st November 2011, 01:34 PM
i can understand the download after you introduce yourself but the worst part of that is i found your forum by looking for the manual so it is also frustrating as the questions i would have for the forum would come from reading the manual anyhow good afternoo all

spkool
21st November 2011, 01:36 PM
has anyone put a 6 bt cummins is a trol if so how did it go

spkool
21st November 2011, 01:40 PM
i just bought a 97 gq tray back with a blown head gasket and possable cracked ring in No. 5 it has 200,000 on the clock do you believe i should do a complete rebuild or just rings and berrings

MudRunnerTD
21st November 2011, 02:10 PM
has anyone put a 6 bt cummins is a trol if so how did it go

i just bought a 97 gq tray back with a blown head gasket and possable cracked ring in No. 5 it has 200,000 on the clock do you believe i should do a complete rebuild or just rings and berrings

Hey mate,

Put up a new thread in the Engine section and you will get a HEAP of advice from members of the forum. Your question will get overlooked here.

spkool
23rd November 2011, 11:05 AM
How do I find out when I can download this manual is it a time based or will you send me a email I am actively using the sit however I have a td 42 on a stand and need some info

AB
23rd November 2011, 11:10 AM
How do I find out when I can download this manual is it a time based or will you send me a email I am actively using the sit however I have a td 42 on a stand and need some info

Hey mate, you just need 25 posts and the forum automatically puts you into a category so you can download it.

Just go and welcome some other new members and rack up another 12 posts and you should be good to go...

ZTG
28th November 2011, 09:25 AM
Hi Guys,

I just stumbled upon this site / forum when googleing for a manual for my 92 GQ (4.2 deisel). looks good and looks like I will find alot of pretty good advice here too.
lookforward to reading / chating with you later

Cheers
ZTG

Bigrig
28th November 2011, 09:37 AM
Hi Guys,

I just stumbled upon this site / forum when googleing for a manual for my 92 GQ (4.2 deisel). looks good and looks like I will find alot of pretty good advice here too.
lookforward to reading / chating with you later

Cheers
ZTG

Hey boss - welcome aboard mate. Head over to the introductions section and bang up some info about your rig an yourself mate - not a lot read the manuals thread, so no doubt you'll get plenty of welcomes etc. Try not to just post 25 replies of rubbish mate - just clutters up the forum and you'll be scratched before you get there ...

Ask away on the questions for anything you can't find and you'll have the manuals in no time at all - great bunch here, so hope you enjoy it.

evilhighway
6th December 2011, 04:07 PM
does this also cover the tb42 carby at all? as i need to rebuild mine and the manual i have doesnt cover it.

patch697
6th December 2011, 04:11 PM
does this also cover the tb42 carby at all? as i need to rebuild mine and the manual i have doesnt cover it.

The factory service manual does mate

evilhighway
7th December 2011, 08:15 AM
awesome thanks!

BigMav
7th December 2011, 10:56 PM
Hey guys having a bit of a drama trying to download this thing, I have the required amount of posts but when I click on the link on the 1st page and then the link on the pdf nothing comes up just a blank screen.

patch697
7th December 2011, 11:09 PM
Hey guys having a bit of a drama trying to download this thing, I have the required amount of posts but when I click on the link on the 1st page and then the link on the pdf nothing comes up just a blank screen.

Give it a little while & try again & if know change let us know so we can help you further.

BigMav
8th December 2011, 12:26 PM
Give it a little while & try again & if know change let us know so we can help you further.

I tried again and it didn't work so I thought I might switch back to internet explorer and it worked. Mozilla Firefox didn't like it at all. Cheers.

2TROLLFAM
8th December 2011, 12:39 PM
I tried again and it didn't work so I thought I might switch back to internet explorer and it worked. Mozilla Firefox didn't like it at all. Cheers.

Well that explains (possibly) why it wouldn't work for me either ... was using Firefox too when I tried to download it

patch697
8th December 2011, 02:42 PM

Well that explains (possibly) why it wouldn't work for me either ... was using Firefox too when I tried to download it

Are you both following the download instructions correctly?

I use Firefox & have no issues with it downloading these files.

AB
8th December 2011, 03:04 PM
Yeah there shouldn't be any issues using Firefox folks.

When you click on a PDF download from any site using FF a window should pop up asking if you want to open or save the doc.

Just click open and then the PDF should open up.

I just tested this now and it works 100% using FF.

BigMav
8th December 2011, 10:51 PM
Interestingly, I have no problem downloading the GU manuals with firefox, the ones that have been zipped that is. Seems to be only pdf files that I am having trouble with when using firefox. No matter, it worked ok with explorer, so if someone is struggling with it try that and it might work for you. It would be nice to know what the problem is if there are any gurus out there. I hate Explorer but have no idea why Firefox won't do this. Yes I followed the instructions aswell.

NissanGQ4.2
8th December 2011, 11:00 PM
Interestingly, I have no problem downloading the GU manuals with firefox, the ones that have been zipped that is. Seems to be only pdf files that I am having trouble with when using firefox. No matter, it worked ok with explorer, so if someone is struggling with it try that and it might work for you.

The Adobe plugin for FF might of corrupted hence why it still works with that other stupid browser and not FF.

Works for me using FF

2TROLLFAM
8th December 2011, 11:16 PM
Prolly just my Mac - its being playing up since my daughter put some dumb ass program on it for school ..

NissanGQ4.2
8th December 2011, 11:22 PM
Prolly just my Mac - its being playing up since my daughter put some dumb ass program on it for school ..

Prolly just a Mac thing.cause Macs are crap *L*

BigMav are you using a Mac or PC????

patch697
8th December 2011, 11:24 PM
The Adobe plugin for FF might of corrupted hence why it still works with that other stupid browser and not FF.

Works for me using FF

Agreed...... I'd be checking your plugins to see if your Adobe Acrobat/reader is up to date. Plugins are set to auto update by default so if its not then its a good indication its corruped & the easiest fix in these circumstances is to uninstall the Adobe plugin itself & reinstall the newer version.

The other thing that may be stopping your downloads using Firefox is script blocking software you may have installed as a plugin at some point. all you'll need to do here is change the permissions in the script blocker to allow these file types.

patch697
8th December 2011, 11:26 PM

He wouldn't be running IE if its a Mac he's using, he'd be using Safari as a default browser.

NissanGQ4.2
8th December 2011, 11:31 PM
He wouldn't be running IE if its a Mac he's using, he'd be using Safari as a default browser.

Why would he be, I thought you could get IE and FF for Macs????

I vary rarely use default anything on a PC

patch697
8th December 2011, 11:48 PM
Why would he be, I thought you could get IE and FF for Macs????

I vary rarely use default anything on a PC

Me neither but if he's using IE its fairly safe to assume he's running a Microsoft operating system, same as if he said he was using Safari I'd assume he's using a Mac.

NissanGQ4.2
8th December 2011, 11:55 PM
Me neither but if he's using IE its fairly safe to assume he's running a Microsoft operating system, same as if he said he was using Safari I'd assume he's using a Mac.

never assume anything grasshopper *LMAO*

I shall be over in the drunkin rambling thread where people can assume I am drinking a bourbon, but I'm not......really truly......ok a tell a lie :):):)

2TROLLFAM
9th December 2011, 01:57 AM

HUSH your tongue young man!! (and if ya an old man than take that as a compliment LMFAO !!)

BigMav
9th December 2011, 03:18 PM

Using a PC mate, Windows 7. I found the problem anyway. I had installed an extension into FF called PDF downloader or some crap, disabled this and its all working fine now. I think I put the extension in there during the early days of firefox but it doesn't need it anymore as there is in built support for pdf's obviously. Yes IE is absolute crap, can't stand it and it pained me to use it for those couple of seconds to get the download.

AB
9th December 2011, 03:30 PM
Useless fact...

Only 46% of forum visitors use IE now. Just under a year ago it was more like 65-70% so people are seeing the light!

BigMav
9th December 2011, 04:09 PM
Yeah I've been using Firefox since the original beta version was released and haven't looked back. I figured it would be something simple and it was. I'd say the extension was probably incompatible with the latest version of ff or something.

patch697
9th December 2011, 05:00 PM
Yeah I've been using Firefox since the original beta version was released and haven't looked back. I figured it would be something simple and it was. I'd say the extension was probably incompatible with the latest version of ff or something.

The addons & plugins can take a while to catch up sometimes after FF has a big update which it has had recently.

Oka374
14th December 2011, 02:08 PM
Just joined to get some info on fitting the Marks adapter gears to the Nissan transfer in our Oka.

patch697
14th December 2011, 05:45 PM
Just joined to get some info on fitting the Marks adapter gears to the Nissan transfer in our Oka.

What info were you after mate?

chriso
24th December 2011, 01:49 PM
i needed this

patch697
24th December 2011, 02:13 PM
i needed this

Welcome aboard mate.

We have a 25 post rule in place mate so you'll need to have 25 post before you can access our free downloads.

All you need do is post up an intro in our intro section, reply in any thread that takes your interest, ask a few questions of your own, welcome a few ppl to the forum & hay presto your there... Simple as mate.

No 3 or 4 word short crappy posts thought please mate or one of the Moderators will stop you dead in your tracks.

NissanGQ4.2
24th December 2011, 02:13 PM
i needed this

This you can have, Post up an intro about urself and ur rig, welcome some new members, 25 posts later its yours 2 enjoy.

Edit: The BOSS beat me 2 it *L*