PDA

View Full Version : Fraser Island trip

Scotto
30th July 2014, 11:08 PM
Hey lads, looking at going to Fraser this year, can anyone give me some ideas on good routes to take,(like go here first then there ect) we will be starting off at inskip point then heading over, any advise would be sweet as, giving ourselves up to a week is more then plenty of time,
cheers, Scott

macca86
31st July 2014, 05:51 AM
I'm interested in this also. I'm going for 3 days at kingfisher bay resort with my Scottish uncle. What are the main attractions that are must see in this time frame?

Punderhead
31st July 2014, 03:47 PM
Also following. But I'm going for a week at the start of September. Only plan is to drive up a far as I can, and the rest is gunna be a play be ear ATM. Hopefully my mate who owns a boat is gunna be coming thought

gaddy
31st July 2014, 04:08 PM
things to see
Pile valley , central station , valley of the giants , lake MacKenzie ( crowded I tend to avoid it in holiday times ) Eli Creek also best early morning , the mahino , walk up indian head , champagne pools , orchid beach , even if only to dream about been able to buy a house there , waddy point (boat launching ) if you can get to sandy cape light house the walk is well worth it , a morning and afternoon low tide is best to get there

Basic groceries and fuel
Eurong
Happy Valley
Kingfisher
Cathedral beach
Orchid beach
We like lake wobby , sit in the edge and the fish will pick any dead skin of you
Lake alom for the turtles (kids love it )

We'll be there in September :)

Punderhead
31st July 2014, 04:16 PM
Going before the school holidays to try and avoid a lot of people. But if anyone sees us feel free to say g'day and drop in for a beer. What would you recommend as the best caps pot in regards to away from people/picturesque and even a good view. No girls on the trip so showers and toilets are not needed" Cheers

gaddy
31st July 2014, 04:31 PM
Any of the beach camping areas

pickers
31st July 2014, 05:37 PM
I was there a few months back , we stayed at cathedral it is centrally located and easy too go both directions for day trips.
If you have young kids I would stay in a fenced camping area as the dingos are around .
This island is one of my favourite places .
Eli creek is a nice spot for a swim

Bogan_dano
2nd September 2014, 09:35 PM
Sounds great!