PDA

View Full Version : BROOME WA - Any Broome locals on the forum?

jack
30th July 2014, 03:46 PM
Hello,

My daughter and family are moving to Broome soon. I've got some concerns on the cost of living, accommodation, schools etc.
If there are any locals on here who may be able to assist - please PM me and I'd be happy to call you to discuss.

Cheers

Stropp
31st July 2014, 01:34 PM
dont know anyone who lives there but it is expensive and accommodation can be hard to find, otherwise it is a good place to live if you are keen on the outdoors.

DX grunt
31st July 2014, 01:45 PM
Here's the government's website for fuel.

http://www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au/fuelwatch/pages/home.jspx

It's adjusted daily. It defaults to metro prices, so just click the country button.

Rossco

jack
31st July 2014, 04:29 PM
Thanks guys,

Well they've committed to the move and will be there early September, job lined up and just need to finalise housing. They've lived in the Pilbra before for a few years at Port Hedland so know the area and used to drive to Broome on a regular basis for holidays.
Big into camping and 4WDing, they are really missing the weather (been cold down here) and son in law is over working on cars in the cold (he's an Auto Elec/Mechanic)
My concern was more the schools and also the housing - naturally the estate agent tells them all is rosy.

Anybody interested in renting a house on 10 treed acres down this way? 2 storey, 4 bedrooms, 2 renovated bathrooms. Established garden, outdoor area. Massive 4 car garage with loft and workshop. ?
Guess I'll head to the Depression thread when they go, really going to miss them - especially the grand-kids. At least I know where I'm going on holidays next year.

(Did score myself a MIG with large full bottle)

gubigfish
2nd September 2014, 11:35 PM
hey mate my sister is living up there but due to move home shortly. She works for the Health Dept though so was in subsidized accommodation. I've been up there a few times its a great spot. Lots of the aboriginies up there but they are generally OK though they do like to sit in the parks in town and drink.

jack
3rd September 2014, 12:16 AM
Thanks gubigfish,
All sorted they head up this Thursday, damn I'll miss them.

Stropp
4th September 2014, 12:50 AM
Thanks gubigfish,
All sorted they head up this Thursday, damn I'll miss them.

Tell them good luck with the move and if they need accommodation in Perth on there way through let me know, plenty of room but as I'm doing up the house for sale they will need to swag it.

jack
4th September 2014, 09:29 AM
Thanks Stropp, really appreciate the offer. They are heading up through the centre as it's a shorter trip from here.