PDA

View Full Version : test smooth pics

Smoothrun
29th July 2014, 12:52 PM
has anyone seen these installed i prefer this than pushing wires through boots.

Cuppa
29th July 2014, 01:27 PM
Yes I used them in the wall of my pod for connections between the batteries in the pod & the crank battery. However, depending upon application cable glands might serve the purpose & save ‘extra’ terminals. Pics show a couple of different types.

47678 47679

Smoothrun
16th August 2014, 03:07 AM
Thanks Cuppa, I didnt realise you had responded to this thread, by the way I recon your input is great to the community. Ive been working on setting up my dual battery system and been doing heaps of research, I just prefer to go through the wall than push holes into the loom covers, if ya stuff em up ya cant replace em, but theres only limited options, thats the loom way or drill a hole in the firewall. I just dont know which way to go about it, the ones you show Ive seen at Jaycar, they also come in a junction box with up to 12 inputs which i was thinking about mounting over the hole I drill in the firewall, but only weatherproof, not waterproof, I had one on me Kenworth when I did the restoration. worked good but i wasnt planning river crossing in it either though. Im about to do a test on setting up my dual battery system so i can get some good advice, id appreciate any suggestions you have, your experience and advice makes peoples ears stick up from what ive read. certainly made me realise I know jack Sh*& just before I was about to make a decision.

Cheers

Dave

jay see
16th August 2014, 03:47 AM
What's wrong smoothrun, can't sleep?

Smoothrun
20th August 2014, 08:03 AM
Dont want this post here but i cant delete it. Sorry for the wasted space all