Bob
25th July 2014, 10:53 AM
attached is schedule of Camping Fees and Locations in PDF Format

MudRunnerTD
25th July 2014, 11:24 AM
Bugger!!!!!!

rusty_nail
25th July 2014, 11:31 AM
hey you guys have had it too good for too long, we have had to pay for stuff like that for years!

threedogs
25th July 2014, 11:34 AM
Still free camping along the Murray isn't it,
welcome back Bob BTW

Robo
25th July 2014, 12:00 PM
Gotta love Gov fees, for something our taxes already pay for.
Tax payers being taxed again for the same thing is just grand!!.

Useful info none the less thanks, better than being caught out.

P4trol
25th July 2014, 01:13 PM
So is there any free camping areas in Vic?

threedogs
25th July 2014, 02:11 PM
I would think along the Murray would be free camping, They tried this stunt 10-15 years ago to force ppl into caravan parks and 5000
4x4s rolled up to vote after being tipped off two buses of Greenies were on their way.
Pretty sure you can free camp in the high country too

mudnut
25th July 2014, 03:56 PM
It is a massive pain trying to book on the net. Some of the places they want you to pay to stay at are pathetic.

jay see
26th July 2014, 03:15 AM
I like major creek. Free and not to far.
Don't want to give away too much they might add fees there to.

NP99
26th July 2014, 07:50 AM
Still free camping along the Murray isn't it,
welcome back Bob BTW

It will be a sad day if the Murray has no free camping!

threedogs
26th July 2014, 08:14 AM
It will be a sad day if the Murray has no free camping!

Yep they tried to close the Murray to all including, bird watcher, bike riders, horse riders.
Photography, Fisherman the lot, Its never gunna happen

NP99
26th July 2014, 10:09 AM
Ulupna island is where I used to do a lot go my fishing and camping. It was a great spot until the grubs left rubbish everywhere. There are big bins on the way out to dump rubbish, but these idiots are even too lazy to do that...

lucus30
26th July 2014, 10:41 AM
Some good spots in the list. Some were always pay sites but seems they have hiked the fees up big time

jack
26th July 2014, 11:37 PM
Hello,
Are you aware that some of you already pay Parks charges on your water bills?
Do a google search or here's an example http://www.citywestwater.com.au/residents/charges_explained.aspx

Looks like double dipping to me, also a petition if anyone is interested:
http://www.change.org/en-AU/petitions/state-government-of-victoria-remove-parks-fees-on-water-bills-or-remove-fees-on-camping?recruiter=9797784&utm_campaign=signature_receipt&utm_medium=email&utm_source=share_petition

MudRunnerTD
26th July 2014, 11:56 PM
Yes I was going to post the petition link, beat me too it. Sign it guys. I have shared it with a few industry heavies so hopefully they will pic it up too.

AB
27th July 2014, 07:48 AM
Good to see you on here Bob and just signed it myself....

Drewboyaus
27th July 2014, 07:54 AM
What I think is completely ridiculous is the notion of needing to pre-book a campsite via the internet......what if plans change and I need an unexpected stop for the night? I'm in the bush and don't have internet. How about when people who have booked don't turn up?
I don't see why we can't have a similar system to that at Murundindi where you can pay when you rock up.......or an annual pass like a fishing license.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Drewboyaus
27th July 2014, 08:03 AM
Having a read of the link in relation to the Parks charge on our water bill, it would seem the parks charge relates to urban parks and gardens only.

cgm
27th July 2014, 02:23 PM
I just signed the petition, but have to admit I didn't like their push for me to give them $100 bucks to share it with others. Almost need a petition against them trying to push me for money for signing the petition! It's interesting times, everywhere you go everyone wants more money, but I don't think the salaries are climbing to match it.

jack
27th July 2014, 06:36 PM
What I think is completely ridiculous is the notion of needing to pre-book a campsite via the internet......what if plans change and I need an unexpected stop for the night? I'm in the bush and don't have internet. How about when people who have booked don't turn up?
I don't see why we can't have a similar system to that at Murundindi where you can pay when you rock up.......or an annual pass like a fishing license.

They started using that system in Qld just before we headed up the Cape last year. We had a few drop out of the trip but it was to late to make changes so lost their deposit. When we got to Kalpower it was a real mess with double booked sites although ours were booked 6 mths in advance. The rangers were great, just said grab a spot and agreed the system was hopeless - no Internet access to confirm bookings. While there and at other sites we saw travellers who were delayed and missed their booking dates. Very poor system with lack of planning - looks like we are getting it as well.

jack
27th July 2014, 06:38 PM
Having a read of the link in relation to the Parks charge on our water bill, it would seem the parks charge relates to urban parks and gardens only.

Ops I was sent this from a camping forum, did a search on the web and saw they did have a Parks charge which surprised me.

Drewboyaus
27th July 2014, 10:51 PM
They started using that system in Qld just before we headed up the Cape last year. We had a few drop out of the trip but it was to late to make changes so lost their deposit. When we got to Kalpower it was a real mess with double booked sites although ours were booked 6 mths in advance. The rangers were great, just said grab a spot and agreed the system was hopeless - no Internet access to confirm bookings. While there and at other sites we saw travellers who were delayed and missed their booking dates. Very poor system with lack of planning - looks like we are getting it as well.

Great to know our public servants have done their due diligence then.......fark, that sounds like a nightmare.
One of my work colleagues is the VP at 4wd Victoria and I'll have a chat to him during the week to see if they can lobby to introduce an annual fee or license or something. Has to be better than what is in place now.......and I have no real objection to contributing as long as it genuinely gets used for upkeep etc. of those sites.

Bob
28th July 2014, 09:34 AM
Great to know our public servants have done their due diligence then.......fark, that sounds like a nightmare.
One of my work colleagues is the VP at 4wd Victoria and I'll have a chat to him during the week to see if they can lobby to introduce an annual fee or license or something. Has to be better than what is in place now.......and I have no real objection to contributing as long as it genuinely gets used for upkeep etc. of those sites.

The original proposal had the option of a Annual Fee but it seems to have been dropped.
I have sent Parks Vic a email about the Annual Fee being dropped and I will post their answer when and if received.
Along the Murray and some parts of the Alpine National Park seem to have escaped Fees so far but it wont be long before they do

Drewboyaus
28th July 2014, 01:40 PM
I suspect the public servants aren't understanding how we, as 4wders use campsites. For many of us when out and about, we have a rough plan of where we will be for the night but that can all depend on breakages, winching etc. etc. or how good the fishing was! LOL
It's not like a mum and dad once a year camper with their Kluger who are more likely to book a campsite like a motel room......
I suspect part of it also was they weren't sure how much to charge for the annual pass......
Hopefully they see some sense.

MudRunnerTD
28th July 2014, 02:24 PM
i shared it with Pat Callanin, he shared it on his page today and sent me a message on facebook thanking me for the link! I'm famous!

I have also sent it to Wayne Heavy from 4wdVic and hopefully they will pick it up if they were not at the table that allowed this to happen!

cgm
29th July 2014, 12:11 AM
i shared it with Pat Callanin, he shared it on his page today and sent me a message on facebook thanking me for the link! I'm famous!

I have also sent it to Wayne Heavy from 4wdVic and hopefully they will pick it up if they were not at the table that allowed this to happen!

Wayne mentioned this when doing a presentation at our Ballarat club a few months back. I can't remember the details but they were lobbying on our behalf. I think it was something like trying to get exemption for 4wd vic members because of the work they already do for parks. Something like that anyway. Hopefully he'll come back to you with an update. They were definitely working on it.

Drewboyaus
29th July 2014, 06:34 AM
The word from my work colleague was that much of it took everyone by surprise......as in the decision was made in haste before the state election (probably to add some revenue before we vote) and very little of the recommendations 4wd Vic and others offered were adopted as they had expected. 4wd Vic I believe are still lobbying for an annual fee rather than the balls-up it is now.

liftlid
29th July 2014, 09:18 AM
Crap, if they make club members exempt from camping fees I might have to look at starting a club, bugger

jack
29th July 2014, 10:58 AM
Crap, if they make club members exempt from camping fees I might have to look at starting a club, bugger
I'm sure we'd get enough interested members from here.

@GUte
29th July 2014, 11:09 AM

Yeah there are plenty. Looking at that pdf the Nth East seems to be hit pretty lightly.

The camp site/s I frequent is untouched (ATM) and would have to be one of the best/nicest around that doesn't end too busy with private pockets, but that will change in time I guess.