PDA

View Full Version : Lumber support

LyleO
22nd July 2014, 09:47 AM
Hi Folks,

Unfortunately I've got a stuffed back which I'm told by the doctors I'm stuck with for ever .... so I'm looking for some lumber support for the drivers seat of my 08 Patrol for those longer drives. I saw an inflatable set up, that you can slip under the back of your seat covers, at an 4WD & Outdoor in Brisbane a few years ago but I can't remember the brand or manufacturer. I'm open to suggestions if you've got any.

Cheers Lyle

liftlid
22nd July 2014, 10:27 AM
I think msa make one?

threedogs
22nd July 2014, 11:58 AM
I wouldn't be going to MSA
Id be going to a proper Rehab shop or medical supply place and see whats on offer,
even your chemist may have some thing ask if you can try first, it may just be crap.
I had a full back insert with a lumbar pump that worked well. Just saying have a good look around first

Stropp
22nd July 2014, 12:07 PM
i have the MSA single one in my recaro seat they work well but i think for the really long drives i should have gone the multiple insert that MSA make.

Oldmate1
22nd July 2014, 04:33 PM
HI Lyle
i have a rydair padded seat that i use it fits under you seat cover its been great for my back have a look at the link http://www.rydair.com.au/images/Rydair_seat_A3.gif you can try mine if you want

Ron

my third 256
22nd July 2014, 09:03 PM
my st-l has a lumber suport in the seat
maybe look at replacing the seat
a bit pricy though but just a thought

HuskyInAuz
23rd July 2014, 12:00 AM
Lumbar ... (first life was a primary care provider)

Edit; Removed cheeky post

I have/had a broken back at the T5, basically went undiagnosed for awhile which resulted in a pinched R sciatic nerve. I have a lot of orthopedic cushions I sit on while in the car, kitchen table, desk, tractor, etc., I must own stock in the mfg. I don't know if that will help whilst you drive/sit but I can't do much for very long without it otherwise I get to take diazapam and oxycotin for a week and they asked what happened whilst I was gone.

Supporting my lumbar does nothing to prevent the issues I would display if I didn't have my 'cushion' and use it. I will take a picture and post tomorrow.

Everyone is different and Threedogs is right, you really need to be specific with the MD, Chemist or medical supply company about what the first possible solution would be and hopefully you'll get relief on the first go.