PDA

View Full Version : QLD, Glasshouse mountains this sunday. 27/07/14!!

nissannewby
21st July 2014, 11:05 PM
So as some of you have been watching I am going to be heading out there this weekend. Just an easy to medium run as the family will prob come as well in their patrols.

Meet at CABOOLTURE!! BP north bound on the bruce @ 8:30 for a 9am departure. So macca no excuses this time lol.

PS CABOOLTURE BP on highway

PPS if you get to Bribie turnoff you have gone to far :p

lhurley
21st July 2014, 11:47 PM
Where's the meet? :p

nissannewby
21st July 2014, 11:51 PM
https://maps.google.com.au/maps?client=ms-android-optus-au&gfe_rd=cr&q=bp+caboolture&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&ei=UBPNU57XNMem8AWjv4H4BQ&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ

Map points C and E lol

lhurley
21st July 2014, 11:54 PM
Just having a laugh mate. Will bail up the misso to see if I'm aloud out. Assuming I'm welcome in a vajero?

nissannewby
22nd July 2014, 12:00 AM
Just having a laugh mate. Will bail up the misso to see if I'm aloud out. Assuming I'm welcome in a vajero?

As am I mate haha. Yeah mate all welcome.

04OFF
22nd July 2014, 07:56 AM
Hahah.......you clowns ! :o

COUNT ME IN !

:D

nissannewby
22nd July 2014, 07:51 PM
Is that all no other interest?

macca86
22nd July 2014, 07:54 PM
We are in yay and will get the right meeting point this time. Jenni and the dogs are coming too.

megatexture
22nd July 2014, 08:16 PM
:animierte-smilies-f I'm out I'll be working on the car.. If I have it back for the weekend.

ozzyboy
22nd July 2014, 08:33 PM
sounds good

Ben-e-boy
22nd July 2014, 08:58 PM
Is that all no other interest?

Very interested.......

nissannewby
22nd July 2014, 09:10 PM
Very interested.......

Start driving....

Ben-e-boy
22nd July 2014, 09:37 PM
Start driving....

It's such a crappy drive

Dhuck
22nd July 2014, 09:38 PM
A very disappointed interested man. I need to pull my finger out and get a move on with the demodifications to the truck.

HuskyInAuz
22nd July 2014, 09:50 PM
We'll be in Brisbane area the Friday night trying to find a place to camp with dogs.. Looked at Glass House Mt, National Park, no dogs .. :(
Since we have no itinerary would consider a comfortable place to camp Fri/Sat that would put us close to the meet up on Sunday.
So need some area expertise and touring advice.

macca86
22nd July 2014, 09:54 PM
For husky http://nprsr.qld.gov.au/parks/beerburrum-beerwah/index.html
We drive in here rather than national park

HuskyInAuz
22nd July 2014, 10:20 PM
Thanks for that. Just tried to book a site there for Fri/Sat, okay Fri, full on Saturday night, previous weekend and following wide open.. so have to do some scouting hope it's not a LC club ;)

Oh.. now I see "Domestic Animals not permitted in Camping or Day use Areas" .. and I thought kids were tough to travel with.. :(

megatexture
22nd July 2014, 11:04 PM
We'll be in Brisbane area the Friday night trying to find a place to camp with dogs.. Looked at Glass House Mt, National Park, no dogs .. :(
Since we have no itinerary would consider a comfortable place to camp Fri/Sat that would put us close to the meet up on Sunday.
So need some area expertise and touring advice.

Here you go only 20 min max from glasshouse via woodford http://ncbr.com.au

Edit: and 5 mins from mt mee (easy4x4)

HuskyInAuz
22nd July 2014, 11:35 PM
ROFL ... Nice thanks and looks great.. but wait there's more ..

"July 25th ..
One of our most popular weekends is back again in July. The Country Rock and Camp Oven Cooking Weekend. Start organising a group to come for this fantastic weekend, not to be missed. The Cast Iron Boys will be here all day Saturday and Dave Reynolds & Band performing Saturday night. Please complete a booking request on our website."

Just looked at WikiCamps and Camp7 there are alternatives but I'll see what happens with online booking here. I just had to laugh after reading most of the site and then glancing over to the right hand column.

Edit:
Oh there is space, $150 for two nights .. we'll keep an open mind for awhile and look around. I would be nice to meet a few 'forum' folks.

megatexture
22nd July 2014, 11:58 PM
Damn! Yea they hold stupid things like that sometimes, on a normal weekend its quiet though and a nice place close to the 4x4 action lol

Sherro
23rd July 2014, 10:34 AM
Would love to be there but i'll be gone fishing :Yahoo!:

04OFF
23rd July 2014, 09:00 PM
Might have a couple of other cars coming as well if that's OK Mat ?

nissannewby
23rd July 2014, 09:03 PM
Might have a couple of other cars coming as well if that's OK Mat ?

Yeah thats fine mate. Im keen to check out the tracked carved out by a certain colorado.

HuskyInAuz
23rd July 2014, 10:09 PM
We are looking at a place in Mapleton and CP99 just sent a link too ..
Leaving in the AM should be up there Friday avo, going to pick up a few more of those IntelliQuip storage cases. Pretty good kit with accompanied pricing.

megatexture
24th July 2014, 12:56 PM
Saw your old rig at the mechanics just now... hes got big plans for it lol

nissannewby
24th July 2014, 01:06 PM
Saw your old rig at the mechanics just now... hes got big plans for it lol

Which old rig?

megatexture
24th July 2014, 01:27 PM
Macca's, sorry I thought I had put that in lmao

nissannewby
24th July 2014, 01:39 PM
Macca's, sorry I thought I had put that in lmao

Yeah daniels plans are all big lol.

megatexture
24th July 2014, 02:11 PM
6ltr+ big lol. Hes like err I just cant decide to supercharge or just turbo it ..lol wish I had his knowledge to do that sort of stuff

macca86
24th July 2014, 06:04 PM
He told me what his plans were but to keep them secret! I look forward to riding shot gun in it

megatexture
24th July 2014, 06:14 PM
Didn't seem to be a secret to me lol well not that he said lol and yea it would be a mean ride!

nissannewby
24th July 2014, 06:45 PM
Nuh he gets to excited lol.

So husky are you coming?

lhurley
24th July 2014, 07:06 PM
Im going to have to miss this one. Wheel bearing decided this arvo was a good time to disintegrate. oh well, sh!t happens

nissannewby
24th July 2014, 07:40 PM
Plenty of seats if you still wanted to come.

lhurley
24th July 2014, 08:11 PM
Plenty of seats if you still wanted to come.

Thats very tempting. Ill let you know asap

04OFF
24th July 2014, 09:34 PM
You and the mrs are more than welcome to jump in my car Lachlan

macca86
24th July 2014, 09:42 PM
I'm riding solo as Jenni now has to work so I have 6 spare seats lol. But you'll have to put up with the dogs

04OFF
25th July 2014, 08:28 PM
Got another tojo confirmed as coming (FJ Cruiser) so should be a great mix of of cars, always really interesting to see how different vehicles/drivers do different things

HuskyInAuz
25th July 2014, 08:48 PM
Nuh he gets to excited lol.

So husky are you coming?

We just got to Mapleton, yesterday was Jervis Bay to Coffs Harbour with a 2 hour delay on the sucking M5 in Sydney just before the tunnel. What a PITA.
Wife wants to know how long this run is? Maybe we can just meet up somewhere before you go off road to put faces behind typing.

Ben-e-boy
25th July 2014, 08:56 PM
We just got to Mapleton, yesterday was Jervis Bay to Coffs Harbour with a 2 hour delay on the sucking M5 in Sydney just before the tunnel. What a PITA.
Wife wants to know how long this run is? Maybe we can just meet up somewhere before you go off road to put faces behind typing.

The M7 is your friend, it takes over an hour off my trip to get from Qld to Callala Bay. M2, M7, Picton road, Wollongong, Nowra etc

HuskyInAuz
25th July 2014, 09:02 PM
We had to make two stops, one in Casula and then to meet some very old (aged) friends in North Sydney for lunch at 1130, we were running ahead of schedule, that is the ONLY reason we got on that DAxN M5 otherwise it would have been the M7.

lhurley
25th July 2014, 09:39 PM
I'm going to have to miss this one. Thanks for the offer of lifts guys.

macca86
25th July 2014, 09:50 PM
I'll be coming with a mate in a hilux should be fun. Latest Facebook rumour is police are cracking down/ stopping people going to glass house due to the Colorado on tower hill ( seen the video and the guy who crashed it spoke on the facey group I'm on saying it wasn't a throttle issue that he hit his head was knocked out and floored it apparently) it was on 7 news about the area.

nissannewby
25th July 2014, 09:54 PM
I'll be coming with a mate in a hilux should be fun. Latest Facebook rumour is police are cracking down/ stopping people going to glass house due to the Colorado on tower hill ( seen the video and the guy who crashed it spoke on the facey group I'm on saying it wasn't a throttle issue that he hit his head was knocked out and floored it apparently) it was on 7 news about the area.

Guess we will find out :)

lhurley
25th July 2014, 10:13 PM

Tell you what, that bloke is very lucky to get out of that with just a knock to the head. It's quite steep in bits there, to just go down the hill on his wheels is very lucky. And how green is the bush, can't of been to recent as it looks nothing like that now

megatexture
25th July 2014, 10:34 PM

Can you post the vid mate I'm yet to see that one

nissannewby
25th July 2014, 10:39 PM
Can you post the vid mate I'm yet to see that one

You tube "near fatal accident glasshouse" and its a silver colorado goes for about 6 min

megatexture
25th July 2014, 11:23 PM
Looked like a Rough ride!

04OFF
26th July 2014, 12:20 PM

I can only just imagine the sort of "excellent" report they would have published........... drunken hoons caught on film doing burnouts in our forests , then running down fences, hitting trees and harming our wildlife ! :fish:

You tube "near fatal accident glasshouse" and its a silver colorado goes for about 6 min

What's the go making me search for my own links then Matty ?........ (lol)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MZrYylMkuE

Mat, Perhaps to be on the safe side, we need to go into GH via one of the less well known/used entrances , and stay away from big red area etc ?

nissannewby
26th July 2014, 02:04 PM
I have a new phone that im still trying to get my head around lol.

Yeah there are plenty of options so will gee it up tomorrow morning.

MuddyTroll
26th July 2014, 02:28 PM
Wow he was luck! I too heard the pol been parked up there for a couple of months. I'm fairly new to the forum but would have liked to tag along but got that bloody thing call work.. Have a great time and look forward to hear if the boys in blue are up there.

macca86
26th July 2014, 03:00 PM
Easy to be a keyboard warrior but yeah I thought a fault in fly by wire cuts the motor? I've also heard he was knocked out before he went down the hill bad locked the throttle on. Doesn't look like he was wearing a seat belt either.
Honestly I reckon he has ship! Mates as I know if I saw that happen you would see me in the footage running down the hill after a mate not standing filming and talking about it. I'll leave the filming to 04off!

04OFF
26th July 2014, 04:44 PM
Easy to be a keyboard warrior but yeah I thought a fault in fly by wire cuts the motor? I've also heard he was knocked out before he went down the hill bad locked the throttle on. Doesn't look like he was wearing a seat belt either.
Honestly I reckon he has ship! Mates as I know if I saw that happen you would see me in the footage running down the hill after a mate not standing filming and talking about it. I'll leave the filming to 04off!

You never see any brake lights come on macca, if the throttle locked on, even bouncing around, id have thought he would have hit the clutch pedal or the brakes before going through the fence, the revs don't change, brakes lights don't seem to come on at all, all consistent with him getting knocked out, or....maybe he panicked so bad his feet froze as he concentrated so hard on steering (this can happen)????

Agree Steve about the time it took people to move to go help him, but perhaps they were in shock, we don't really know unless we were there, and who knows what the real cause was, regardless, we all make mistakes don't we ,even if his mistake was buying a Colorado (if the throttle did get stuck), anyway, its clear he was NOT out being a idiot, just a bunch of people enjoying a days four wheel driving, just a unfortunate accident, and ive been in worse myself.

At least all the people were smart enough to be standing clear, and no one was badly hurt, that's all that matters, as metal can be replaced :smiley_thumbs_up:

macca86
26th July 2014, 05:20 PM
That's what I mean how did it or could it happen? Crazy stuff.
Oh and it's raining will make tomorrow interesting!

NP99
26th July 2014, 05:29 PM
Looks like a wet day fella's :)

04OFF
26th July 2014, 05:51 PM
That's what I mean how did it or could it happen? Crazy stuff.
Oh and it's raining will make tomorrow interesting!

Yeh who knows, one thing is for sure, the recent event bringing GH into view, will only make it harder/worse to go there now, as typically ,it would appear QLD just loves to have a knee jerk reaction to any normally every day incident, especially one that involves a non resisting minority, that will surly be "very" easy pickings and will make themselves look good on paper.

Supposed to be sunny tomorrow, hopefully the bad weather forecast will have also deterred any potential "problems" from organising to hang out there (lol)

p.s. you know what servo to go to this time eh Stevo ? (haha)

macca86
26th July 2014, 05:54 PM
p.s. you know what servo to go to this time eh Stevo ? (haha)[/QUOTE]

Yes I do as someone wrote the correct meet up place this time! Haha

nissannewby
26th July 2014, 06:03 PM
Yeah just confirm guys meetup is CABOOLTURE bp north bound on the bruce :)

nissannewby
26th July 2014, 06:06 PM
Looks like a wet day fella's :)

Im at elimbah as we speak and its still dry here. Hopefully just a touch of rain to lower the dust

macca86
26th July 2014, 06:07 PM
Not caloundra like last time as there is 2 bps up there too. I'm bringing a mate in a hilux tomorrow his glasshouse cherry

sprdad
26th July 2014, 08:44 PM
You certainly get some good twist from your GQ coil/cab Ben. Is that all in the suspension or do you get some flex in the chassis also?
Lee

lhurley
27th July 2014, 07:54 PM
How did you guys go today? Get any good pics? Everyone actually go to the right meetup :p

macca86
27th July 2014, 07:54 PM
Great day out great guys great tracks great crowed and very pleased at how my new patrol handled the tracks on 33's 2 inch lift and no locker

nissannewby
27th July 2014, 08:07 PM
How did you guys go today? Get any good pics? Everyone actually go to the right meetup :p

Real good mate. Covered some good ground again Steve even had to get the winch out we ended up with 11 cars a I believe with a few heading home after lunch.

We needed you out there in your pajero as we had all sorts. 2 hiluxs, a fj cruiser and even a jeep.

Steve got plenty of footage as normal. His young lad is certainly turning into a very capable photog. They even tricked me with the go pro hanging from the drag link lol.

Great day for it, conditions were awesome, great group of guys. Very enjoyable.

lhurley
27th July 2014, 08:52 PM
Real good mate. Covered some good ground again Steve even had to get the winch out we ended up with 11 cars a I believe with a few heading home after lunch.

We needed you out there in your pajero as we had all sorts. 2 hiluxs, a fj cruiser and even a jeep.

Steve got plenty of footage as normal. His young lad is certainly turning into a very capable photog. They even tricked me with the go pro hanging from the drag link lol.

Great day for it, conditions were awesome, great group of guys. Very enjoyable.

I really wanted to go, but some cactus bearings put a spanner in the works. Where did steve need to winch?? I hope there where cameras out at that point

nissannewby
27th July 2014, 09:34 PM
Had to get the winch out on ball bearing. It was really just a precautionary as he had it sitting close to a nice edge.

macca86
27th July 2014, 09:55 PM
Come on Steve hurry up with the uploads I'm keen to see the action

megatexture
27th July 2014, 11:52 PM
Had to get the winch out on ball bearing. It was really just a precautionary as he had it sitting close to a nice edge.

The ball bearing we did last time ?

nissannewby
28th July 2014, 07:57 AM
The ball bearing we did last time ?

Yep that one. The little bit of moisture up there was the difference this time.

megatexture
28th July 2014, 08:13 AM
I'm more surprised you found your way back there lol

04OFF
28th July 2014, 08:56 AM
Yes Troy same ball bearing we did at night, it was very slippery even just at the start of the climb this time.

When i got to the big step, i struggled to get the front up, once the front was up, i stayed on the gas thinking the rear would follow, but as the right rear tyre hit the step, it stopped the car from moving, and with the front wheels spinning on the the rock, the whole car spun/turned on the spot.

I had another crack at getting the back wheel over, but the same thing happend with the car turning, this time the front slid again, putting me even further "side on" to a very nasty drop off, at this stage, the rear end had swung into a spot that allowed for no reversing, putting me leterally stuck between a rock and a hard place.

With my past experience (rollover) in my head, i realised that if the front slid one more time, this could very quickly go very bad, and with reversing back for another try out of the question, i opted to use the winch, if nothing else to ensure the front could not slide me sideways down the hill, but in reality i doubt id have got out from where i was without winching anyway.

I should have some on car gopro footage of it all soon :biggrin:

megatexture
28th July 2014, 10:03 AM
Yea I can picture it being slippery, sounds like I missed out on a good day!

04OFF
28th July 2014, 01:13 PM
One i took on my ph, how cool does this thing sound.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_fepgq6jfo&feature=youtu.be

04OFF
28th July 2014, 08:52 PM
Ok, this is how I ended up on Ball Bearing........

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/gh00Large.jpg

Kinda wedged in a bit

megatexture
28th July 2014, 09:00 PM
That's how I got up last time though it was dry lol 2" isn't quite high enough for the step on the right side

Did everyone have a crack ?

Ben-e-boy
28th July 2014, 09:02 PM
Is that up near peachester?

04OFF
28th July 2014, 09:02 PM
Some pics taken by my son, the camera died so didn't get many.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/gh13Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/gh7Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/gh8Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/gh9Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/gh1Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/gh6Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/gh5Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/gh3Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/gh11Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/gh14Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/gh4Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/gh12Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/gh2Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/gh10Large.jpg

megatexture
28th July 2014, 09:07 PM

No mate its about 10 mins from the first pic Steve put up with all the small hill climbs

04OFF
28th July 2014, 09:12 PM
That's how I got up last time though it was dry lol 2" isn't quite high enough for the step on the right side

Yeh, that step is as tall as my 33 inch tyre (lol) , can't believe you boys let me do that track the first time at night without a walk or warning (hehe)

Did everyone have a crack ?

No, only Sharee was the only other person/car to give it a go, it also looked like it took her a few attempts to get up the step from where we were sitting, but she got up without winching.

Ive got no eye deer where that is benny :redface:

Ben-e-boy
28th July 2014, 09:16 PM
No mate its about 10 mins from the first pic Steve put up with all the small hill climbs

Ahh ok there is a similar looking track up that way

macca86
28th July 2014, 09:34 PM
Cheers for the pics Steve was a great day indeed! Now for us to all do more regular trips!

megatexture
28th July 2014, 09:34 PM
Yeh, that step is as tall as my 33 inch tyre (lol) , can't believe you boys let me do that track the first time at night without a walk or warning (hehe)

Lucky we decided against doing the goat track I showed you next to the climb you are keen to do, that one has no room for u turns or passing/ overtaking and the boulder on it is big and smoothe I'll be impressed if you get up it without going around lol if you do I'll be ordering a locker !

Cheers for the pics Steve was a great day indeed! Now for us to all do more regular trips!
2nd that !

04OFF
28th July 2014, 09:38 PM
Some more from BB

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/bbb5Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/bbbLarge.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/bbb1Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/bbb3Large.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/bbb4Large.jpg

04OFF
28th July 2014, 09:43 PM
Lucky we decided against doing the goat track I showed you next to the climb you are keen to do, that one has no room for u turns or passing/ overtaking and the boulder on it is big and smoothe I'll be impressed if you get up it without going around lol if you do I'll be ordering a locker !

I weighed my car the other day, its just shy of 3 ton, im amazed it gets up "anything" (lol)

megatexture
28th July 2014, 09:49 PM
I weighed my car the other day, its just shy of 3 ton, im amazed it gets up "anything" (lol)

Yea mines 2880kg with a full tank and me in it.

You did well to get good pics at bb as its an annoying area to get good shots or video at

nissannewby
28th July 2014, 10:00 PM
Yea mines 2880kg with a full tank and me in it.

You did well to get good pics at bb as its an annoying area to get good shots or video at

Yeah mine is 2700 without the canopy and only half a tank so I think the gq and jeep would have been the light weights in the group.

nissannewby
28th July 2014, 10:04 PM
Awesome pics to steve. Your gonna have to step up the young bloke takes a mean pic.

04OFF
28th July 2014, 10:46 PM
Awesome pics to steve. Your gonna have to step up the young bloke takes a mean pic.

LOL nice choice of words

macca86
29th July 2014, 05:49 PM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=741229965934440&set=vb.100453416678768&type=2&theater