PDA

View Full Version : Just installed 2" lift kit know electrics are playing up

Jcollier
21st July 2014, 07:27 PM
Hi all I have just finished installing 2" tough dog lift kit on my gu patrol 2012 then I went to take it for a test and found my abs, diff lock, anti slip control lights on my dash and can't get them off any tips on what to do?

04OFF
21st July 2014, 07:39 PM
Have you double checked the sensor wires on each wheel just in case you bumped a plug while under there ?

Assume you have been for a drive and turned the IGN off and on again ?

Perhaps you need to disconnect the battery, remove residual current pressing brakes/turning on headlights, then try again ?

Oh, and if you could pop up a into as per forum rules please when you get chance :tongue:

MudRunnerTD
21st July 2014, 07:41 PM
Hi mate please head over to the intro section and post an introduction. We ask all new members to say G'day before asking for advice.

I have not done a lift on a car with ABS or electronic traction control before. There must be sensors that you have either ripped out when you jacked it up or pinched. Follow the wires down from the ABS actuator to the diff and find the sensors around where you have been working.

Springs and shocks are straight forward to swap out, did you disconnect your sway bar to let the diff down enough? Did you stretch the brake line when you dropped the diff down?

moza
24th October 2014, 01:55 PM
what was the outcome?

threedogs
24th October 2014, 04:26 PM
@ Moza long gone mate I'm afraid some ppl only join for info then nick off sad but true.
plenty of fun to be had if you hang around

Bulbous
25th October 2014, 02:37 AM
I'd be looking at the diff lock first of all. Enabling it will automatically disable ABS (and therefore traction control) and turn the ABS/Stability lights on