PDA

View Full Version : Tools and Gadgets

rkinsey
17th February 2011, 12:44 PM
Well, I dont know if this one would be classed as an "essential" tool but thoought I would put it out there as we are now have more electronic gadgets than tools.... (What ever happened to a map, compass, pencil and paper... the good ole' days?)

You can now get an App for your iPhone from Nissan with some tools including a trip planner and logbook ledger. You can also call Nissans Road side assist. Just to name a few.

They even have a "Parking meter timer" which will alert you (after you set it) to when the meter needs to be fed.

Here is a link to the website... http://www.nissan.com.au/webpages/owning/myNissaniPhoneApp.html

Cheers,

Rob

Maxhead
17th February 2011, 08:10 PM
Thanks mate.
Good old Nissan jumping on the apps band wagon!!

I hope the next generation will be able to use the basics to find their way around with out all the technologies around

wildgu6
17th February 2011, 10:14 PM
Well, I dont know if this one would be classed as an "essential" tool but thoought I would put it out there as we are now have more electronic gadgets than tools.... (What ever happened to a map, compass, pencil and paper... the good ole' days?)

You can now get an App for your iPhone from Nissan with some tools including a trip planner and logbook ledger. You can also call Nissans Road side assist. Just to name a few.

They even have a "Parking meter timer" which will alert you (after you set it) to when the meter needs to be fed.

Here is a link to the website... http://www.nissan.com.au/webpages/owning/myNissaniPhoneApp.html

Cheers,

Rob

Nice find Rob, too bad i dont have an iphone..ha
Would be a good link to post on the useful websites library buddy.
You can find it in the general chat section, its a sticky thread so it will be easy to find.

Cheers Pete.

Whitewulf
18th February 2011, 06:24 PM
Only works on Iphone 4 or upgraded 3gs :(

Dhuck
18th February 2011, 06:54 PM
I would use it on my iPhone but it is sitting here beside me in pieces after finding out they are not water resistant.

rkinsey
18th February 2011, 07:01 PM
I would use it on my iPhone but it is sitting here beside me in pieces after finding out they are not water resistant.

Ouch.... most electronic equipment are not very happy when you mix them with water......

I'm not sure if there are any near you but I have contacts here in Sydney that may just be able to repair it for you without costing the earth. (Notice I said may....)

Dhuck
18th February 2011, 07:06 PM
I only have half of it left. I gave the screen to a friend who shattered they re's.

Silver
19th February 2011, 03:55 AM
I have put a few mobile phones and one Ipod Nano through the washing machine. Only one of the phones ever recovered :-(

Ghost
8th March 2011, 02:36 PM
Next time you drop your phone or anything electrical in water its easy to repair, if you do a few simple things as soon as it happens

1. if you can remove the battery remove it now
2. wash it in clean water if it fell in the toilet or mud or sea water etc
3. put in in a ziplock bag or any bag but must be able to seal it air tight
4. fill the rest of the bag with uncooked rice any type or brand will do
5. leave it a few days and it should be fine

basically the rice will absorb all the mosture in the device and save the device.

AB
8th March 2011, 02:41 PM
Next time you drop your phone or anything electrical in water its easy to repair, if you do a few simple things as soon as it happens

1. if you can remove the battery remove it now
2. wash it in clean water if it fell in the toilet or mud or sea water etc
3. put in in a ziplock bag or any bag but must be able to seal it air tight
4. fill the rest of the bag with uncooked rice any type or brand will do
5. leave it a few days and it should be fine

basically the rice will absorb all the mosture in the device and save the device.

Good tip Ghost, I'll remember that one next time I fall into a river.