PDA

View Full Version : Son needs GQ Gearbox help

Seamus Ireland
5th July 2014, 10:21 PM
Hi, My son is road tripping and working his way through NT, unfortunately the gearbox of his 1993 Nissan Patrol GQ 4.2 lt Petrol Automatic is causing problems. Leaking oil and sticking in 2nd gear. His initial enquiries suggest an expensive replacement, any suggestions on a cure or a more cost effective answer. The Patrol is in great shape otherwise, going well and is ideal for his road trip and hopefully with many more in the future.
Thanks in anticipation

MEGOMONSTER
22nd July 2014, 02:25 PM
Hi, My son is road tripping and working his way through NT, unfortunately the gearbox of his 1993 Nissan Patrol GQ 4.2 lt Petrol Automatic is causing problems. Leaking oil and sticking in 2nd gear. His initial enquiries suggest an expensive replacement, any suggestions on a cure or a more cost effective answer. The Patrol is in great shape otherwise, going well and is ideal for his road trip and hopefully with many more in the future.
Thanks in anticipation
you might want to change the location of your question, as you might not get an answer in the introduction section.
As you have already an introduction.

MudRunnerTD
22nd July 2014, 03:16 PM
I have moved this to the Gear Box section for you mate.

Can he find a second hand or reco box where he is? can he drive it to a Box? has anyone looked at it for him?

mudnut
22nd July 2014, 04:00 PM
Is the auto trans fluid level ok? It could be a long shot, but maybe it just needs a service. Hopefully it is only something simple, like gunk blocking the filter screen. Where is it leaking fluid from?

K1W1
1st November 2014, 10:16 PM
I wonder what the solution was to this issue, so many threads ask questions and never get updated with the answer , it is a thing I see elsewhere on the net where folks ask questions and get suggestions and then the OP never lets the group know if any or all of the ideas helped.

NissanGQ4.2
2nd November 2014, 07:20 AM
I wonder what the solution was to this issue, so many threads ask questions and never get updated with the answer , it is a thing I see elsewhere on the net where folks ask questions and get suggestions and then the OP never lets the group know if any or all of the ideas helped.

Unfortunately this happens a lot