PDA

View Full Version : Hunting/shooting web site...

NP99
5th July 2014, 09:43 PM
http://www.westernhunting.com.au/index.php/queensland

Hunting web site covers a lot of info....aust wide.

megatexture
5th July 2014, 11:25 PM
Ahh I beat you to this one mate lmao there's a first lol , some of the locations look good also though.
have you used the site previously or like me just found it ? I'd be interested to know how it goes From the hunters point of view.

NP99
5th July 2014, 11:26 PM
Ahh I beat you to this one mate lmao there's a first lol , some of the locations look good also though.
have you used the site previously or like me just found it ? I'd be interested to know how it goes From the hunters point of view.

No mate, just found it to share while looking for fishing spots.

megatexture
5th July 2014, 11:34 PM
Just go anywhere up north for fishing or better yet down in tas, we went bottom fishing near eagle hawk neck on a charter boat and if we didn't get a bite in under 5 mins it was time to move and it was all action when we got a good spot I've never caught so many fish in my life.

NP99
6th July 2014, 01:28 PM
I'm not a big fan of charter boats. When I've been on a hot spot, the generally move on :(

megatexture
6th July 2014, 02:19 PM
This fella really knew his stuff, we didn't move till nothing was caught for 5- 10 mins and we wouldn't need to move far at all.

NP99
6th July 2014, 02:29 PM
This fella really knew his stuff, we didn't move till nothing was caught for 5- 10 mins and we wouldn't need to move far at all.

That's the way it should be :)

macca86
6th July 2014, 06:10 PM
I've never used inland hunting properties but hekarewe and I have talked about it. You must be a firearm licence holder and normally part of ssaa to hunt on these properties. We haven't had a need to use it yet only because we have a few spots to hunt on closer to Brisbane but would like to organise a trip next year come April when it cools down a bit

threedogs
6th July 2014, 06:16 PM
@ Macca why not organize a hunting/fishing trip up the cape.
I'm positive you'll get plenty of takers,
Members further north could do the logistics

macca86
6th July 2014, 06:20 PM
Yeah this is true but need to be on private land qld doesn't allow state forest and crown land hunting. I don't know of anyone with land up there that's why this website hunting group does well in qld

megatexture
6th July 2014, 08:28 PM
A fella I know did a weekend out at Tara qld and between the 4 of them they got 70 odd pigs and apparently the farmer was complaining when he drove out to there camp because he drove past some roos.. Turned out he wanted everything shot.

macca86
6th July 2014, 08:50 PM
That's no good as unless you're a licensed roo shooter you're not suppose to shoot roos. But 70 pig weekend that would be fun but expensive on ammo!

NP99
6th July 2014, 08:52 PM
That's no good as unless you're a licensed roo shooter you're not suppose to shoot roos. But 70 pig weekend that would be fun but expensive on ammo!

For some that's a lifetime of pigs :)

boots
6th July 2014, 09:30 PM
Well I have used IHP for a pig hunt some 15 years ago at a property near cunamulla, was tough going hunting wise because the place never got a break from hunters . the morning we showed up driving up to the homestead the previous crew were just leaving . It was a 7 day hunt trip and the first 3 were very ordinary , reckon the previous crew reinacted a scene from the movie apocalypse now. got to know the manager well by the end of the week and told us the next crew were coming 4 days after us .

NP99
6th July 2014, 09:34 PM
Well I have used IHP for a pig hunt some 15 years ago at a property near cunamulla, was tough going hunting wise because the place never got a break from hunters . the morning we showed up driving up to the homestead the previous crew were just leaving . It was a 7 day hunt trip and the first 3 were very ordinary , reckon the previous crew reinacted a scene from the movie apocalypse now. got to know the manager well by the end of the week and told us the next crew were coming 4 days after us .

That's the difference between hunters and shooters :)

megatexture
6th July 2014, 09:42 PM

I saw heaps of pics and some had holes in them like a basket ball from a 30-06 but I think most were done with 308s. I don't think the farmer cared as they all eat his crops.

macca86
6th July 2014, 09:45 PM
Most don't 10 roos = 1 cow or 2/3sheep less per acre depending how arid the area is

megatexture
6th July 2014, 09:51 PM
I've got enough kill count on roos with my car I don't need to shoot em also lol

NP99
6th July 2014, 09:55 PM
I've got enough kill count on roos with my car I don't need to shoot em also lol

Samford road is keeping me employed full time repairing my daughters car from the buggers. Plus she comes home all teary and I'm not sympathetic enough to her stories. :)

macca86
6th July 2014, 09:59 PM
I hit 8 on the drive back from my cunnamulla trip last year!

megatexture
7th July 2014, 12:18 AM
Damn my record in one night is only 3, I'm going to have to start trying !

macca86
7th July 2014, 05:25 AM
That was me trying to avoid them cunnamulla to st George was hectic at least 50 roos every km of road. We left at 3am as it's a 12 hr drive back to brisbane. These roos were suicidal I dropped my speed down to 80km/h and down to 60 in the thick areas. They were on both sides of the road they would run out in front of you and clear the car then double back right into the bull bar

megatexture
7th July 2014, 01:14 PM
Ive never hit one doing under 80, they usually explode when I hit them I just try not to hit them in a way there head can damage my spotties lol

NP99
7th July 2014, 10:12 PM
It was effortless when I drove a unimog truck......if the truck ahead in convoy hit one, sometimes a bone would pierce your bloody tyre. Always avoided the dead fresh ones...