PDA

View Full Version : SD33Ti Custom exhaust intake manifolds...options/designs/

MKproject
1st July 2014, 07:35 PM
Gday all my names jaspo... new member first post hope im doing this right haha got to start somewhere, Just wondering if its worth making a custom manifolds in relation to power/performance increase. I am also aware that these are not race cars as I have been told before. I have heard of a few people making solid power/torque gains from making aftermarket intake plenum's, has anyone heard or read about this?? Also exhaust manifold wise.....same question is it worth the money to make a bigger diameter log style manifold or high/low mount manifold?? As my ole girl is going through a rebuild(slowly but surely) haha contemplating and weighing up options?? cheers guys

mudnut
1st July 2014, 08:47 PM
G'day, MKproject, and welcome to the forum.

Have a look at his thread. It is a different engine but might give you some ideas. http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?26317-intake-manifold-modification&highlight=intake+manifold

MKproject
1st July 2014, 10:39 PM
Wow.....certainly knows his stuff. That has indeed answered my question perfectly. The only thing to consider now is the price.46454 This is a copy of someone else's design but plan to get a similar one made. Thanks for the link mate much appreciated :) I will post photos when it's made, hopefully to look like the one in the picture.