PDA

View Full Version : Testing upside down photo's

NissanGQ4.2
25th June 2014, 07:44 PM
Testing issues with thumbnail photo's been displayed upside down

NissanGQ4.2
25th June 2014, 07:46 PM
Stropp, what device are you using to upload photo's and are you using MC or web browser???

Clunk
25th June 2014, 08:39 PM
He's got an iPhone mate..... Need I say any more!!! Lmfao

NissanGQ4.2
25th June 2014, 08:53 PM
He's got an iPhone mate..... Need I say any more!!! Lmfao

No not really, it actually explains it all................

Stopp, try what they suggest

Why are my iPhone photos upside down?

Some iPhone owners may have noticed that photos taken with the Apple iOS device and stored to the camera roll appear rotated when viewed on a Windows computer. The photos appear fine on the iPhone, however after being transferred to Windows they are upside down, or turned sideways.

It appears that something in the photo metadata is being written to tell Windows the photo is oriented in one direction. Now that iOS 5 allows users to snap photos with the volume buttons, many people hold the iPhone with the volume buttons up so they act as a shutter release.

Unfortunately, this is the direction in which the iPhone takes upside down photos. To solve the problem, the iPhone must be turned with the volume buttons facing down. Until Apple comes up with a fix, Windows users will have to adjust their photo rotation after the fact or keep the iPhone in this position. Turning rotation lock on or off does not fix the problem.

Source: http://www.iphonefaq.org/archives/971808

Stropp
25th June 2014, 10:01 PM
Toddie thx for that, unfortunately my volume button is down on the ipad so I will try it with the button up next to see if that fixes it :) cheers

timbar
25th June 2014, 11:36 PM
Another one mate ??? Haha I recon ur doing it on purpose now it's like a signature hahaha