PDA

View Full Version : high oil pressure at idle

ashbee37
14th February 2011, 11:42 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi, hoping some one can help, first had a problem with motor , read sensors make no sense

after new alt, timing chain, tension er, hoses. i also started putting catch can in but did not realize one of the fittings was blocked, well when i started motor ran for a couple of minutes then stalled, heap of white smoke. worked out it was the blow bye that built up and stalled it. fine disconnected the catch can and motor started fine and smoke went away. now runs fine but now on the idle sits on 45 instead of 24 warm or cold plus i think the running pressures are higher will note tomorrow and post. plus i think there may be more blow bye now.

so can anybody tell me what damage i may have done now. and bye the way still got the original problem just comes in different times depending on needle valve setting

YNOT
14th February 2011, 11:51 PM
Welcome back to the forum Ashbee, it's always good to post an introduction before asking questions.

What model Patrol and what engine are we talking about?

Tony

patch697
14th February 2011, 11:57 PM
Welcome on board mate.

As Tony has said in another thread would you mind going to this link: http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?2-Introductions & posting up an intro.

The high pressure generated may have damaged the oil pressure sender unit & making it put out a false reading.

You blow by issue (if thats what you have) mayby the result of damage to you rings from the extremely high oil pressure but this is only a guess.

ashbee37
15th February 2011, 12:07 AM
its a 03 zd30